Masion Close
"Germany
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Colombia / Travel Coronavirus Updates

+ Add Report
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Mojo Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by FunLuvr  [View Original Post]
    In preparation for the flight I got two PCR tests. I had an appointment at Walgreens for Tuesday to get an RT-PCR test with results in 24 hours. I called the store to verify it was a PCR test and was told it was. When I arrived for the test, I was told it was a POC test, so I didn't do it. I went to an Urgent Care facility which sent the test to a lab for processing. They told me it could take four days for the results. Wednesday morning, I went to a 24-hour testing place that does PCR. I received that result Wednesday evening and the other one Thursday morning. Friday, I arrived at the Orlando airport a little more than two hours before the flight. I flew Copa, and the check-in line was very long. I have priority boarding, so the wait was only about a minute. At check-in, they checked the Covid test results which I had printed. I have TSA Pre check, and that was very fast. I was at the gate within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport. The boarding process starts in the rear of the plane. They did a facial recognition scan, a temperature check, and ticket check for boarding. I was upgraded to Business Class, so not seated next to anyone. On board, they served a boxed meal, which was a ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of fruit and a granola bar. At the Panama airport, there were no health checks, either arriving or departing. They did not upgrade me to Business Class for the flight to MDE, even though there were empty seats. I was seated next to a person in my row. They were not doing the empty middle seat. After arriving at MDE, they checked temperature on the way to immigration. Immigration was very smooth at MDE. They checked the Covid test results and asked where I was staying and for a contact phone number. I was out of airport and on the bus to San Diego very quickly. The bus fare is now 13 mil. The bus stops a little further down the hill from the previous stop. The taxis are waiting on another street, but the walk is very short.

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co...aelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.
    How did you go about uploading it via pdf format. I heard if the file is too big it won't upload.

Quote Originally Posted by FunLuvr  [View Original Post]
    In preparation for the flight I got two PCR tests. I had an appointment at Walgreens for Tuesday to get an RT-PCR test with results in 24 hours. I called the store to verify it was a PCR test and was told it was. When I arrived for the test, I was told it was a POC test, so I didn't do it. I went to an Urgent Care facility which sent the test to a lab for processing. They told me it could take four days for the results. Wednesday morning, I went to a 24-hour testing place that does PCR. I received that result Wednesday evening and the other one Thursday morning. Friday, I arrived at the Orlando airport a little more than two hours before the flight. I flew Copa, and the check-in line was very long. I have priority boarding, so the wait was only about a minute. At check-in, they checked the Covid test results which I had printed. I have TSA Pre check, and that was very fast. I was at the gate within 15 minutes of arriving at the airport. The boarding process starts in the rear of the plane. They did a facial recognition scan, a temperature check, and ticket check for boarding. I was upgraded to Business Class, so not seated next to anyone. On board, they served a boxed meal, which was a ham and cheese sandwich with a cup of fruit and a granola bar. At the Panama airport, there were no health checks, either arriving or departing. They did not upgrade me to Business Class for the flight to MDE, even though there were empty seats. I was seated next to a person in my row. They were not doing the empty middle seat. After arriving at MDE, they checked temperature on the way to immigration. Immigration was very smooth at MDE. They checked the Covid test results and asked where I was staying and for a contact phone number. I was out of airport and on the bus to San Diego very quickly. The bus fare is now 13 mil. The bus stops a little further down the hill from the previous stop. The taxis are waiting on another street, but the walk is very short.

Anyone entering Colombia must complete the form at https://www.migracioncolombia.gov.co...aelcoronavirus no more than 24 hours and no less than one hour before arriving. You will get a confirmation email if the form is completed successfully.
    Thanks for the report you might also want to post this in the Medellin Reports thread, search flights resumed I don't think a lot of people are reading this thread.

Travel from Orlando to Medellin 10/16/2020 (Friday)

Close to Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTouch  [View Original Post]
    As of now, which airport / immigration is easier with less hassle or uncertainty for visitors, Bogota or Medellin?
    Not sure how far you are but Delta has the best flight to Bogota now, Non Stop, Atl to Bog, mid afternoon, non stop, $350. I'd rather drive a few hours than to deal with the crazy 19 hour connections some of these airlines stuff down our throats.

[URL]https://rapidtesttravel.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by ColombiaLover  [View Original Post]
    Just passing some information along.

I am supposed to travel to MDE on Wednesday. I got my PCR test yesterday and am hoping and praying I get the results back by Tuesday night (I was quoted 2-3 days). If not, I'll have to re-schedule the trip.

I am not sure about anyone else's state, but I did not have any luck finding the rapid PCR test where I live (Central Florida).

This morning, I was in touch with our Director of Sports Medicine (who oversees COVID testing of our athletes) to find out if he had the rapid PCR test. He told me that, no, they were not using it yet because it's reliability was not at a high enough level for him and our team physicians to feel comfortable.

So it sounds like the rapid PCR is not much better (if at all) than the antigen test, yet Colombia will apparently accept a rapid PCR test.

Just letting you all know that if you get a rapid PCR test (if you can find it in your area), it's likely not going to be as accurate as the regular PCR test (per my medical sources), but it will get you into Colombia!
    https://rapidtesttravel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kulibali  [View Original Post]
    I said if one doesn't have the required test in hand when he lands in Colombia, that person will have to do a required 14 days in quarantine. It's what I read on the Colombia immigration website. Step #5.

https://migracioncolombia.gov.co/inf...jar-a-colombia
    My reading of it is that the option and requirement for the quarantine only applies to residents and citizens coming in on humanitarian flights before September 30.

I have to wonder if this statement is forus gringos on regular commercial flights

I said if one doesn't have the required test in hand when he lands in Colombia, that person will have to do a required 14 days in quarantine. It's what I read on the Colombia immigration website. Step #5.

If you translate that whole statement the first reference those people who enter the country on "humanitarian flights" which I am mostly sure are Colombians who got stranded in other countries when flights were grounded so governments worked with airlines to come up with these "humanitarian" flights to get people home. I have to agree thought that a plain reading sounds like you are right. The problem is that there are board members who are reporting tht they were required to upload their test before getting a boarding pass and there are reports of people being turned away who cannot produce the proper test results. So I think this is still an open question. I think it would be pushing it and there is no details about how the local municipality would monitor your quarantine either, so I I repeat that I would think it would be way easier and simpler to get the test.

Spanish version of the text: (I am quoting so the caps are theirs).

"si viajas a Colombia en uno de vuelos de carácter humanitario ya programados o tu viaje es antes próximo.

30 DE SEPTIEMBRE.

Why no cuentas con prueba PCR, deberás cumplir con una medida de aislamiento obligatorio por 14 theías, la cual será supervisada por las autoridades de salud de cada municipio".

Translated to English.

"If you travel to Colombia on one of the humanitarian flights already scheduled or your trip is before.

September 30.

And you do not have a PCR test, you must comply with a mandatory isolation measure for 14 days, which will be supervised by the health authorities from each municipality".

CL, I am leaving on the 23rd as well. I am going to this center here for the PCR test: https://labdoctor.org/.

I have a negative antigen test which I am sure will be rejected. If you are flying out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, you may want to just fly or drive down the day before. In my area, it was $450 for the test and here it is $170. I will be there 24 hours before my flight but I have two flights to Colombia scheduled that day and hope that I can get on the first one and cancel the second.

Airport

As of now, which airport / immigration is easier with less hassle or uncertainty for visitors, Bogota or Medellin?

Just passing some information along.

I am supposed to travel to MDE on Wednesday. I got my PCR test yesterday and am hoping and praying I get the results back by Tuesday night (I was quoted 2-3 days). If not, I'll have to re-schedule the trip.

I am not sure about anyone else's state, but I did not have any luck finding the rapid PCR test where I live (Central Florida).

This morning, I was in touch with our Director of Sports Medicine (who oversees COVID testing of our athletes) to find out if he had the rapid PCR test. He told me that, no, they were not using it yet because it's reliability was not at a high enough level for him and our team physicians to feel comfortable.

So it sounds like the rapid PCR is not much better (if at all) than the antigen test, yet Colombia will apparently accept a rapid PCR test.

Just letting you all know that if you get a rapid PCR test (if you can find it in your area), it's likely not going to be as accurate as the regular PCR test (per my medical sources), but it will get you into Colombia!

Quote Originally Posted by MojoBandit  [View Original Post]
    What is your point of reference in information? No test but quarantine? Are you confusing the DR with Colombia?

The Colombian government posted their policies and to go against those policies seems to me like you'll be asking for trouble. They didn't post anything about doing quarantine versus testing they said they wanted a test. I read what their Ministry of Health said about the rationale for the design of the policy. They said the idea was they did not want to get passengers on the plane on the way into the country having caught it from the other passengers.

There are real time reports in the Medellin Reports thread by at least one well known BM who just got into Colombia and confirms that a Negative PCR Test is necessary!! When you can show us a reference to this policy that states that one can do a quarantine instead of a test than please do so but may of us have been researching this subject vigorously and have seen no such policy. When you cross over into Colombia without a test than you can report back but until then I would not advise anyone to try that.

Every reports states: need negative PCR Test

I don't think they care about what kind of test you have when you are checking in, most of the time you can check through the kiosk at the airport without any interaction with the agents at the counter. I went to the DR a month ago when they were requiring a negative test, no one from the airline asked us if we have a test or not. It's up to the immigration officers in Colombia to decide which test is valid. You can actually fly without a test if you are willing to do the mandatory 14 days quarantine.
    What is your point of reference in information? No test but quarantine? Are you confusing the DR with Colombia?

The Colombian government posted their policies and to go against those policies seems to me like you'll be asking for trouble. They didn't post anything about doing quarantine versus testing they said they wanted a test. I read what their Ministry of Health said about the rationale for the design of the policy. They said the idea was they did not want to get passengers on the plane on the way into the country having caught it from the other passengers.

There are real time reports in the Medellin Reports thread by at least one well known BM who just got into Colombia and confirms that a Negative PCR Test is necessary!! When you can show us a reference to this policy that states that one can do a quarantine instead of a test than please do so but may of us have been researching this subject vigorously and have seen no such policy. When you cross over into Colombia without a test than you can report back but until then I would not advise anyone to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nounce  [View Original Post]
    I think whatever test you have. It is best to get the test that gives you a result with the word "PCR" on it. The reason is the airline check in counter may not know you have a PCR result without the word PCR on your result. You will be surprised there are results that do not have the word PCR in it. People are being turned away from flight because of that.

Also "PCR" is better than "xPCR", "xx-PCR". Again, the check-in may be confused if it is not exactly "PCR".

The above is not definite but it will help make your check-in trouble free.

I am not an expert. I read about these stories so I share here. Usually people only report when they have issue so I don't know how many people pass thru the check-in with report without the word "PCR". Another useful term is "nucleic acid" or something like that.
    I don't think they care about what kind of test you have when you are checking in, most of the time you can check through the kiosk at the airport without any interaction with the agents at the counter. I went to the DR a month ago when they were requiring a negative test, no one from the airline asked us if we have a test or not. It's up to the immigration officers in Colombia to decide which test is valid. You can actually fly without a test if you are willing to do the mandatory 14 days quarantine.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoBandit  [View Original Post]
    According to this info on the FDA website the one test you can get back in 15 minutes is not PCR test but an antigen test but it also states that some molecular tests are also rapid test so I think if I went to take a rapid test I would clarify with the testing facility if it was a "PCR" test. Also called a "molecular" test.
    I think whatever test you have. It is best to get the test that gives you a result with the word "PCR" on it. The reason is the airline check in counter may not know you have a PCR result without the word PCR on your result. You will be surprised there are results that do not have the word PCR in it. People are being turned away from flight because of that.

Also "PCR" is better than "xPCR", "xx-PCR". Again, the check-in may be confused if it is not exactly "PCR".

The above is not definite but it will help make your check-in trouble free.

I am not an expert. I read about these stories so I share here. Usually people only report when they have issue so I don't know how many people pass thru the check-in with report without the word "PCR". Another useful term is "nucleic acid" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeos1  [View Original Post]
    It is clear to me in Spanish. Both have to be within 96 hours, it is "Y" not "o". To get into Colombia one must have a PCR test. AND. The result no more than 96 hours from the start of the flight.
    Here is the logic. The reason there is a stated time limit (and 96 hours was a compromise, other countries are using 48 hours or less) is so that the time from when the test is done on you and when you leave are as close as possible. Otherwise people are having tests done a week ahead, getting them processed in a slow lab somewhere, and then get infected between the time the test was administered and when they arrive in the country. So the ideal would be you get a test, and the result, at the airport before boarding. But the PCR-RT tests have to be done in a lab and results observed in "real time" so they cannot be done on the spot. Hence the window before your departure to get the test administered and to get the results in your hand in order to board the plane.

Whatever ambiguity there is in this particular version of the statement, or in the English translation, has to be subjected to the common sense of why this is all being done under a restricted time window.

And the only reason I am responding is that I really would not want to arrive in Bogota or Medellin and find out that my nonsense interpretation of the message was indeed wrong, and I get refused entrance to the country. So. My suggestion for anyone actually planning to fly there. Get this straight before you leave and make sure that your testing and getting the results all fall within the window of 96 hours, and if you don't like that make sure you get very clear information that says you don't need to be within that window.

I think it is 48 hours for flights to Costa Rica, and it is clear that all of those things have to be within that window.

Posting Limitations