"Germany
 La Vie en Rose
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Combo  [View Original Post]
    I don't like using "Simp" because IMO it's generally newbies that are foolish with overpaying, and we're all newbies once. However, defending giving them more because of the favorable exchange rate is pretty simpish. The exchange rate is irrelevant. These girls don't pay for anything in USD.
    I'm not defending paying them more based on the exchange rate. If I was doing that, I'd point out that a comparable girl in the US charges $300 per hour, and since most Medellin chicas will stay for 2 or more hours, we should all be paying 2 million pesos.

I'm saying the "that price can never go up" attitude is a simplistic view of the situation. Casa prices go up, strip club prices go up, street girl prices go up, taxis, buses and metro prices go up. Food, rent, utilities, clothing, medical. All these prices go up. Go to a car dealer. Show him the price for a car in 2010 and tell him you are only going to pay that price. Think you'll be driving home in a new car?

Yet for some reason, when the price Facebook girls charge goes up, it's because guys are overpaying? Is that how things work? Why isn't everyone up in arms about the people who have been overpaying for beef, driving the prices up? Or the people overpaying for surgery driving the prices up? It doesn't work that way.

Twenty years ago I was a fixture at an Albuquerque strip club. Not just any strip club, it was the best in town. Everyone knew me. Half the time, the DJ would announce me when I came in. Occasionally, the chef would bring out some new dish he was working on and ask my opinion. The top dancer became a good friend and I was friends with several other dancers. Even rented a room to a few of them. At least once a week I'd have lunch or dinner with a dancer. Most paid for their own meal. One always paid for mine. I was as connected to the club as anyone. I saw and heard what went on.

Every now and then someone would come in and start throwing money. The girls would all flock to the guy to get their share. Many would easily make $1,000 from 1 guy in a few hours, without breaking the rules. My friend the top dancer had a few regulars who would drop a grand on her every time.

And then the next day. Everything went back to normal. The dancers all talked about the guy and went back to collecting those $1 bills.

If someone comes along paying 300 k, a girl will take it. Then she'll ask the next guy for 300 k. How long do you think she's going to sit at home hoping to get 300 k? If that's how it worked we'd all be paying $200, because there are plenty paying that much and every girl knows about it.

All you have to do is say no thanks and move along. She'll be chasing after your 150 k before you know it.

Minimum wage

I really get tired of the minimum wage argument from some of the guys here. These girls need to make as much as possible while they are young. They should charge as much as the free market can stand. Their beauty is short lived and then what. Would you screw strangers for 8. 25 an hour US. You will have to pay at minimum 200 an hour in the US for a attractive girl. That's 25 times minimum wage. If minimum wage in a country is 2. 00 that's 50.00. If its 3. 00 that's 75.00. 50 to 75 is about what I pay for a girl to come to my room worldwide. I was with a 19 yo girl in Brazil 15 years ago. World class natural tits. Even Sperto would have been impressed. Within 3 years she was shot. Gained 40 pounds. I completely lost interest. What do you think that girl is doing now. She can't be more attractive than her 19 yo self. She would be 35 now. How much weight has she gained now. Did she know her value at that time? IDK. I paid her 200 reals for a few hours. Exchange rate back then was 3 to 1. So that's about 65 dollars. Some cheap ass mongers would of tried to justify paying even less than that. They would have tried to get her to go for 100 reals which she wouldn't have and used the minimum wage argument. You know what I got for 200 reals. One of the greatest memories of a girl that I still remember 15 years later.

I had a guy in front of help tell me he never offers more than 100 reals. The entrance fee was 35 to 45 reals. Needless to say this guy was either lying or banging crack working girls.

Because I don't know a attractive girl that would go for 55 reals which is what she would make after entrance fee.

Sure these girls don't make as much at a casa and I personally would be on tinder making money and picking the guys I want to sleep with. Remember the casa quote is 30 minutes. With condom. To get a girl to come to your hotel for an hour BBBJ is going to be more than the casa price. 150 k to 200 k seems fair for that. It's a way better service and more time. If girls at gusto can get 200 us, then more power to them. I wouldn't pay that, but if there are guys that pay that to them, why all the hate. They are only young once, and the guy can't take the money with him when he dies. Ask Steve Jobs. They are wealthier men that maybe don't like the casa lineup BS which I don't either. Bottom line is quit hating. Don't overpay but don't underpay because time goes by quick and money is meaningless in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Droplet  [View Original Post]
    So is the conclusion that 150 is still the price to quote the putas? Several reports recently people have been paying 200/300.

Just want to clarify. I don't want to quote a fb girl 150 if the price is too cheap and she gets pissed off.
    First to clear something up. I'm not saying guys shouldn't be paying 150 k. All I'm saying is that the prices will go up. My opinion is that 200-250 k will be the new normal within 6 months after things return to normal.

1. The girls know the exchange rate.

2. Many will find other ways to make money.

3. There will be a bunch of horny customers with money to spend.

Back to your question.

Everyone has their own way. My way is to exchange a few messages. Usually the girl will say something like "quiero verte", or "quiero conocerte. " I want to see you, or I want to know you. Either one can be translated to mean "I'm available if you're paying. " If she doesn't toss that out and I'm seriously interested, I'll say it. "Puedo verte?" Can I see you. If she's not enthusiastic, I move along.

Here's the part where there's disagreement. Some guys flat out state the price they will pay. I instead ask. "Cuantos quieres", "que necesitas", or "cuantos cuestas?" How much do you want, what do you need, or how much does it cost? Her initial price determines my response.

Once again, just my opinion, but this puts her in the hot seat. She has to weigh how bad she needs the money against how much she thinks she can get. If I instead just throw out my bottom line price, she's only thinking about how much she wanted to get. The other side is occasionally a girl is expecting less than your opening offer. I've had a couple tell me 100 k, when I was preparing my argument to get them to accept 150 k.

Scenario 1- Her price is much higher than I expected.

Let's say she tosses out a price of 400 k or more. My reply might be "Entiendo. Eres muy hermosa. Lo siento. Solo un viejo pobre. Siempre pago dos cientos mil. " I understand. You're very beautiful. I'm sorry, I'm just a poor, old man. I always pay 200 k. She tried her highball price. I gave her my price and she's not offended. Chances are, she's trying to decide whether to take it, or try to get a taxi fare thrown in.

Scenario 2 - Her price is slightly higher than expected.

She offers 200-250 k, I'll give her "siempre pago ciento cinquenta mil, mas taxi. " I always pay 150 k plus taxi. Chances are she's happy to accept it.

I begin with "siempre", because it immediately says, "this isn't my first time. I know the price. " It also says "you'll probably be seeing me again in the future. " You're no longer a gringo rookie, who will be gone tomorrow. You're an option.

You're probably not going to piss her off by offering 150 k. Unless you tell her she's not worth that much.

Colombia unfortunately will not be spared.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfinho  [View Original Post]
    Unlike Italy, Colombia had been spared an avalanche of Chinese tourism, hence no virus epidemic to date. Once this passes and the confusing information is clarified, correct assessment will be made and the Chinese will have a lot to answer for.
    Colombia has 210 confirmed cases and most likely thousands of undiagnosed people walking around spreading the virus. The difference in Chinese tourism simply means Colombia is just earlier on an inevitable curve that Italy is further along on.

I hope I am wrong, but doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by ColombiaLover  [View Original Post]
    Obviously we are paying less in $ due to the change in the exchange rate. I also remember when the exchange rate was about 1700 cop to the $1 and did not get any "discount" from the putas. The point of the video is that many, many guys are overpaying, other significantly. There is no doubt about it. I am not complaining about paying 150. I am just agreeing that there are a lot of idiots out there who make the repeat visitor's life just a little harder.

I should also say that when I first arrives in Medellin 15 years ago, there was no FB or Instagram. The prices I was paying was "set" by the Mansion at 150 (sometimes you could get for 120). It was artificial pricing set by the only place in town at the time. Obviously it was MUCH less in the casas and in Mayorista. And the exchange rate was about 2200, if I remember right. If we had FB back then, the price of the FB girl would have been much less than 150.
    This is my (admittedly, completely uninformed) opinion. I believe the Facebook scene developed from the Mansion. If I'm correct, I doubt if the price would have been much less. Perhaps as low as 100 k for someone who wasn't at the Mansion.

I think you made my point. 15 years ago the casa prices were lower. 15 years ago the strip club prices were lower. 15 years ago the street girl prices were lower. 15 years ago the gringo entry prices (the Mansion then, Facebook now) were basically the same. I'm pretty sure the room rates at the Mansion were lower 15 years ago as well.

So, it gets more difficult for the frequent visitor, or the expat to pay the same price as 15 years ago. You remember 1700 - 1, I remember 1900 - 1. Either way, even if you pay 200 k now, for what you paid 150 k for then, you're getting the same package for almost half price, based on your income, while the girl is charging about 15% less based upon her cost of living.

Nothing exists in a vacuum. Either the price will eventually go up, or the service will go down.

I don't expect many to open Tuesday but I could be all wrong about that. It's been several days since most of these girls have made any money. Zandaly joined New Life by shutting down "until further notice".

Quote Originally Posted by Orgasmico  [View Original Post]
    I live here. Chillin with my GF at my place until Tuesday, then she'll go back home. Didn't think about casas on Tuesday, but that is an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer500  [View Original Post]
    the true test will be how Colombia fares when there is an avalanche of hospital patients. Time will only tell,....lots of confusing information being put out there, which is befuddling given it's contradictory nature.hope Colombia is spared of the Holocaust taking place in Italy which appears to be the way the USA is headed.
    Unlike Italy, Colombia had been spared an avalanche of Chinese tourism, hence no virus epidemic to date. Once this passes and the confusing information is clarified, correct assessment will be made and the Chinese will have a lot to answer for.

That is the situation here. You can get away with being out to buy food, walk your dog, etc. It's about the same as the restrictions in the US and elsewhere. There are no toilet paper shortages that I notice. I didn't understand what was behind that until I saw a report that diarrhea is one of the early symptoms. I expect the situation will be more clear within a week or two as we approach the April 13 targeted end of the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer500  [View Original Post]
    I left Colombia a week ago last Sunday and had a return flight for Thursday night which I could of taken to return to Colombia before Colombia shut it's International airspace down on Friday and initiated it's lock-down orders. Guys I know currently in Medellin who are not on this board, are not happy campers, basically being shuttered in their apartments. I believe I made the right call going home, but am not sure as of yet. Here in California we are kinda locked down, and are allowed to spend time outdoors as long as we maintain a minimum of six feet from anyone unless its a family member. And as of it yet there is no "enforcement".

All restaurants are closed except for take out, the situation at the markets is getting back to normal somewhat as everyone has stocked up on supplies and now the shelves are starting to fill up again with all the hording, etc. Being over.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot10  [View Original Post]
    So, I did it, I shacked-up. 20 yo from Bello / La Estrella, super cute, tall, natural, light skinned, brown hair, and she brings life into this shitty situation.
    I think you're doing it right man. Having different girls come and go is a bad move. If I decided to stay in Medellin to ride it out for a few months, I would have easily, without any hesitation, picked my #1 chica and had her stay the entire time with me. Way better than being alone and far safer to just have one chica with you. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Questner  [View Original Post]
    It should be shown at first year economics courses on what ignorant advice sounds like.
    I agree, this guys' view is myopic. Actually there is a chapter in Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nation" that describes this precise way of flawed thinking. It is remarkable how a landmark book first publish in 1776 captures the modern day mentality of fellow mongers.

This dude's core message sounded like this: "I know there are people who are willing and can afford to pay the girls in Medellin more, if we are in true free market, those girls intrinsically worth more. Fellow mongers, let's hide the true economic from those teenager girls, we will exploit them until the day they realize their self-worth. Furthermore, I have absolutely not ability to earn more income, so I will pin my only hope of enjoyment on exploit those teenage girls in the third world. Despite the increase in minimal wage in the states, let's all work together to make sure those girls earn the least possible. " If you ask me, he is definitely a spy send from either North Korea and Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by Blakman  [View Original Post]
    Do you realize in thailand $60 get you 12 hours with a girl.
    If I had to pay $60 for a chick I would have been out of Thailand a long time ago. In 15 years I have never given a chick that much money. The minimum wage here is $10 per day and you MIGHT get that much only if you are at least a high school graduate.

The other night me and my nephew got 2 chicks at 9 pm. We took them back home at 6 pm the next day. I gave mine $40 and he gave his $40. I had made the original deal for $30 as you can see in the picture, but since we kept them much later into the next day I threw in extra.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200322_112037.jpg‎  

Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge  [View Original Post]
    I think I understand you to mean you feel more comfortable in the US. I respect that, I might feel the same way if I spent more of my formative years there. What confuses me is you say it's very bad there and getting worse. I also see in the media it is likely worse than anyone knows for lack of testing.

Here in Colombia there is widespread testing. The first confirmed case in Medellin fully recovered as of today after a 14 day quarantine. We are on lockdown but there are no toilet paper shortages, prices are stabilized, gasoline was reduced to US $2/ gallon by presidential decree. Restaurant delivery services are operating normally and restaurants that cater to Colombians in operation. The number confirmed cases as of today are low (196) but rising quickly. Zombie apocalypse fantasies aside, it has already hit here. I see Colombians respecting the quarantine and cooperating with each other. In US media I see crowded beaches, spring breakers doing what they do, and an explosion of gun sales. I weighed it all against my health, financial, and professional situation and decided to be here. That is my point.
    I left Colombia a week ago last Sunday and had a return flight for Thursday night which I could of taken to return to Colombia before Colombia shut it's International airspace down on Friday and initiated it's lock-down orders. Guys I know currently in Medellin who are not on this board, are not happy campers, basically being shuttered in their apartments. I believe I made the right call going home, but am not sure as of yet. Here in California we are kinda locked down, and are allowed to spend time outdoors as long as we maintain a minimum of six feet from anyone unless its a family member. And as of it yet there is no "enforcement".

All restaurants are closed except for take out, the situation at the markets is getting back to normal somewhat as everyone has stocked up on supplies and now the shelves are starting to fill up again with all the hording, etc. Being over.

I believe Colombia has done a much better job than the US in managing things thus far, having testing available, shutting the border down quickly, and other measures.

However the true test will be how Colombia fares when there is an avalanche of hospital patients. Time will only tell, and the USA is not even close to being ready as evidenced by the shortage of PPE, respirators, and ventilators.

And to top this off, the Governor of California said he was estimating that 56% of the States population, approximately 20,000,000 would be infected if no lock-down measures were taken, and then during the morning briefing by the Federal Government today, we were told the risk to Americans was low. And then we have the Country's top scientist refute things our leader is saying during the briefing. So besides the pure facts and figures, we have lots of confusing information being put out there, which is befuddling given it's contradictory nature.

I hope Colombia is spared of the Holocaust taking place in Italy which appears to be the way the USA is headed.

I believe we need to stick to casa prices, gringos paying way to much

Quote Originally Posted by ColombiaLover  [View Original Post]
    I personally pay 150 mil and sometimes throw in taxi, depending. But that is me. I visit once a month (streak probably going to get broken soon) and I have been visiting for 15 years.

A lot of girls will take 150 and provide great service. You might even get less (although I never push it, because I think 150 is fair). A lot of the girls want 200 (need to inquire as to whether that includes the taxi or they want taxi in addition). If she's hot or known for great service, maybe you pay it because you don't go often. I personally would never pay more than 200. For any of them. That's just me.

When I first talk to a girl, I often ask her to tell me what she expects. That helps me gauge the girl. When they give me a high number, I just laugh and tell them I am not a stupid gringo and I tell them what I usually pay for great service. Some do not count, but most often fall in line.

If you are offering to see a casa girl at your apartment. Or a stripper. Then I would give them less. Because it's still a lot more than what they get at work.
    Do you realize in thailand $60 get you 12 hours with a girl. That alone speaks volume. I have been here 21 days spent 200 mil once, 150 mil once, 120 mil 3 times. Rest 100 mil or less.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot10  [View Original Post]
    Interested to hear what others are up to, if you are living full-time in Medellin, decided to stick it out, or are stuck here. Anyone eyeing that Tues-Weds non-quarantine window as an opportunity to hit casas, or anything?
    I live here. Chillin with my GF at my place until Tuesday, then she'll go back home. Didn't think about casas on Tuesday, but that is an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill  [View Original Post]
    This video should be shown in airplane monitors prior to touchdown in all Colombian airports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX73...ature=youtu.be

Thailand and Cambodia should be included in the group
    It should be shown at first year economics courses on what ignorant advice sounds like.

Posting Limitations