La Vie en Rose
"Germany
 Sex Vacation

Thread: General Info

+ Add Report
Page 73 of 399 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 5977
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frannie  [View Original Post]
    Caribe Tours are well-known for being on time. Corporate policy. I am sure the bus drivers have gotten memos about late pick-ups and not opening the doors of the bus except at approved stops due to the risk of robberies.
    What one can gather from what you said is, that the employees have something governing their behavior. And likely there are consequences for not abiding by the policy. Now apply that to the local who doesn't work for Caribe Tours but wants to ride the bus. If they desire the benefit of riding a certain bus, then they better do what it takes to make it happen. Be on time, pay for a ticket etc. Apply that to lateness with chicas. Guys should have their own standards / policies in regards to time management and in dealing with chicas.

And they should exercise those standards in dealing with chicas. Time management is a good start. That way, a chica can't just do whatever the fuck she wants to do, inconveniencing others and suffer no consequences. And what I mean is; many guys ignore the whole issue when a chica shows up late. They are too happy to see her.

Some guys like me on the other hand, are less likely to continue waiting and waiting until a chica shows up, and then greet her like nothing happened, and go on acting like she is special. Dealing with her at that point is like saying your time is not important. You are not important. There comes a time men need to get back to sticking to a worthwhile principle, in their own regard. And not make excuses or give allowances for chica irresponsibility, when it's not necessary.

"Oh it's just the way it is in their culture." Or when it comes to paying more money than necessary for pussy. "Oh it's only a little bit of money, I aint sweating it" Or , "its my vacation nobody should give a shit what I spend." My thing is, one reason why men have to go abroad from their frustration dealing with their women,is because men using that logic already fucked it up from where they came from. Now they wanna come here and essentially fuck it up for themselves here too. Women essentially get to be the way they are because enough men refuse to check themselves, when it comes to dealing with females.

Case in point. 2 guys I know at the beach. One was complaining to the other that he came to meet him at the beach as planned, to hang out. He waited and waited, but his buddy wasnt there. His buddy said, he saw a chica with a fat ass and went with her. The other guy told him if that is the case, why didnt you send me a message to let me know instead of having me wait for nothing?

His buddy, instead of saying yeah you are right, all he talked about was that chicas fat ass, and he had to get with her. Totally disregarded his buddies concerns. Unfortunately, thats just one of many stories of guys coming here losing their damn minds, getting caught up elevating women, over other things or people that should be important to them. In the moment, I was surprised by the guys response of not caring about his buddy being stood up.

But that was only because I misjudged the guy as him being more considerate towards others he associates with. I was wrong. With him, pussy comes first.

Usually when people are late it is an indication of a disorganized lifestyle of some kind. For example some actresses or musical performers are notorious for showing up late and driving their coworkers crazy, but then probably they have been out drinking and snorting stuff up their noses the night before when they should have been memorizing their lines for the next day.

If someone shows up late for a sex date, very likely it is an indication that they are not really into it, or that there is someplace else that they would rather be.
    Here in the DR, one can speculate on many reasons why chicas are a no show, or show up late for a sex date. In enough instances a no show or showing up late, can be because they are with or going to be with someone else. And rather than call or text the individual who was originally expecting them, they just avoid communicating altogether. Here in Sosua a guy could be whatsapping a chica who is trying to hook up with a guy. The guy thinks it's going down. Before she is on her way, she meets a guy (including previous clients). Rather than miss out on scoring that money right in her face, she'll go with that guy, and put the guy waiting for her on hold.

Some chicas will communicate a change of plans, some won't. But a change of plans does not mean they will tell you the truth. And besides who expects her to. A guy just has to realize that his turn at bat has been moved back or cancelled. Her reason or excuse (lie) is just what we all do, when we want to get out of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frannie  [View Original Post]
    Caribe Tours are well-known for being on time. Corporate policy. I am sure the bus drivers have gotten memos about late pick-ups and not opening the doors of the bus except at approved stops due to the risk of robberies.

Usually when people are late it is an indication of a disorganized lifestyle of some kind. For example some actresses or musical performers are notorious for showing up late and driving their coworkers crazy, but then probably they have been out drinking and snorting stuff up their noses the night before when they should have been memorizing their lines for the next day.

If someone shows up late for a sex date, very likely it is an indication that they are not really into it, or that there is someplace else that they would rather be.
    I disagree Sir, we aren't talking about some millionaire Diva who is used to being waited on hand and foot trying to pull rank. You living there should understand they don't live by American standards, its a laid-back, take it easy, don't worry about it attitude that is prevalent through most unAmericanized Caribbean islands.

Latin women in general don't care about time, they care about looking good and presenting a good package. Foreign men don't understand this takes time and it might extend the meet time. Ever seen a Latina show up on time looking rushed? You won't. Ever seen a Latina show up late looking exceptional? That{s the norm. When you are dealing with putas who only want want fast cash and don't care about washing their pussies or wearing the same clothes as yesterday, maybe then they will be on time.

Its a Latin thing, its a Caribbean thing so understand it because its no big deal. Now, you have guys saying its okay to have five of these girls on call for the same date but that's fucked up because four girls have taken the time to look beautiful for you and you have screwed them over. Its basically someone expecting them to understand American traditions but you are in their country and don't want to understand their traditions. Dominican women only understand American traditions if you are going to buy them a big house and car, they don't understand being on time in their country and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx2005  [View Original Post]

One more anecdote. One day I was on the Caribe Tours bus in Charimicos. It had just pulled away from the station. It was sitting at the light. Someone bolted out of the Caribe Tours station, hustled up to the door, trying to get the bus driver to open the door. The driver waved his finger back and forth, as if to say. No, no. No. No. You should have come before I closed the doors and pulled off. See? That individual that couldn't get on the bus had to deal with the consequences for not being ontime for THAT bus. Whether they learn the lesson, that's on them. But the way the bus driver handled it, he didn't let that individual off the hook for their own behavior. He took matters in his own hands. No argument, no whining, no explanations. Just do what needs to be done, and let the other person deal with it.

Oh yeah and it happened in the DR where you constantly hear that is the culture , and you just have to accept it. Well guess what?, the bus driver apparently didnt get the memo on common lateness within DR culture.

How I deal with the locals.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro1257  [View Original Post]
    Ahorita es no solo una palabra es un estado de mente.

I realize this is old news to many but regardless I'd like to share my experience as an anecdote. Since living in the Dominican Republic I have learned that some Dominicans and I repeat some Dominicans do not have the same accountability for time as I do. I served in the United States military and was a law enforcement professional my entire adult life therefore I always had to be accountable for my time. Where I came from if you are not on time you were AWOL (Absent without leave) and there were consequences.

Fast forward I have retired and now live in a country where many people DGAF about time. I have given special note to a pattern. Many of the women that I have met between 18 and 25 have not completed basic education (high school or here it is called Bachiller) this means they are under-educated and cannot find decent work which would incline them to be accountable with their time.

Since living in Puerto Plata many of the chics that I deal with can be considered semi or non pros which means since some I repeat some are under educated and lack professional work experience therefore they are often late and regretfully I have been stood up more times than I can count. If a chic is a pro she still might be late but has more of a sense of getting her money, which requires more time accountability; but if a chic is semi or non pro she may want a "regalo" or "ayuda" but she is less likely to be accountable for her time.

There are 3 words I have had to learn:

1. Ahora which means now.

2. Ahora mismo which means right now or immediately.

3. Ahorita which means soon however there is no specific time attached to the meaning of the word. Another idea that captures the meaning is cuando quiera or "whenever. ".

My point is the attitude of many of the chics I have encountered is "ahorita. " It used to offend me but now I understand that when chics are being late they are not deliberately being disrespectful they are doing what comes natural and acting out of there cultural value of time "ahorita. " I took being late personally but I now understand it was not personal they were simply being Dominican.

Going forward I will assess the person and the situation and decide on a case by case basis how to deal with chics who are late. Some are really nice people and seem to have a teachable spirit and really want to learn others really DGAF and seem to have rocks in their heads.

Living here I feel like I am in school and I have much more to learn.
    1000 page book coming right up. Like you, I spent years being responsible for my time management with work and in my personal dealings with people. I had a head start knowing how Dominicans are notoriously late. I dated a Dominican from the states, and whenever we traveled to her home town in the DR, I had a front row seat exposed to how locals operate. Fast forward to when I started mongering here in Sosua, means having to deal with their sense of time up close and personal.

Many folks including some who posted here, seemed to have the attitude that that is just the way it is. That you are visiting or living in their country, so deal with it. Well, to some extent, I accept that reality. But on the other hand, I don't accept it fully. My living here has got me to the point that I needed to devise a way of dealing with their idea of acceptable lateness and my reaction to it. I realized that my goal isn't to try to put much effort into changing people, but to change how I deal with them. What I accomplish is not getting frustrated, not wasting time, and sometimes it results in certain offenders changing their behavior. I've also kicked enough to the curb for chronic lateness.

Like you I've setup dates / appointments with chicas. Lateness was a constant. I've had a few no shows with chicas I've never been with, as well as regulars that initiated us getting together, but were a no show. No call, no text, nothing. Then the next time you see them, they act like nothing happened. One thing I changed dramatically in dealing with locals (men or women), is I avoid confrontations or arguments with them. No complaining, no whining, no talking it over. The best strategy for me, is to just take matters in my own hands. I make the adjustments on how I relate to them from that point forward. Arguing and telling them what they did was wrong is a waste of time.

Typical folks here do not take responsibility for their behavior anyway. Many will justify any and everything they do, and your concerns or feelings aint got anything to do with it. You try to mush logic in a locals face, and they will dodge that shit like a Matrix bullet. Your wasting your time. And that goes for almost any issue, not just lateness. You are not going to convince a local that he or she is wrong.

So to minimize my frustration in dealing with this issue, I do not make plans or dates and ASSUME were on the same page. What I do is place more responsibility on them. So, if I made arrangements for a chica to come over my place, or to meet me somewhere, I tell her to text me or call me to advise me when she is on her way, and where she is right now. If I do not get that text or call, I immediately go to plan "B". If a chica is coming from a long distance, I get her to tell me when she is leaving from where she is, and to text me again when she gets to certain areas along the way. Example, that she is in Santiago now, that she is PP now, that she just past the POP airport etc.

No follow up, like I told them to do, then I'm aborting. That means no frustrations, no waiting around like a silly rabbit. I'm free to do my own thing, not handcuffed to the unknown of whether she's coming or not, or how long I have to wait. I make sure I tell them at the outset. If you do not advise me that you are on your way, with follow ups of your progress / location I am assuming that you are not coming. At that point the onus is on them on what they choose to do. Even if they don't give a shit. The point is, I am free emotionally and physically to do whatever the fuck I want to do. Instead of sitting around waiting on the unknown.

I make it clear what time I expect them to be where they are supposed to be. When that time comes, and they are not there, assuming they are late, then they should have contacted me. No contact, I'm changing plans. If I lose out on having a fine ass chica, then so be it. I don't have to accept that BS. Especially since most of these chicas have high end phones, and can buy data for the day for a few measily pesos. There arent many excuses for not contacting someone. But then when they finally get where they are supposed to be, all of a sudden they can use their phones? Fuck that. No need for anybody to continue to accept that BullShit.

Of course this also requires having a DGAF attitude about losing the chica even if she is a regular. For local chicas, I do something similar. We agree on a time, but I still tell them to text me when they are on their way. With the understanding that if I do not hear from you, I am assuming you are not coming. Even if I have no other plan, I'm emotionally freed from concern over whether or not they are coming or the time. Because I'm not wasting any time.

What I have also done on numerous occasions, is if they do not text me to tell me they are running late, and I do not have a plan "B", I tell the security guard to tell them that I left. I don't answer the phone or texts. Next time I talk to them, I don't say shit about it. After all, I'm not pissed about what happened because I waited around like an idiot. I took matters in my own hands, and out of theirs. Usually they will be the ones ready to complain that they came over, or they were at so and so, and I wasnt there. I just tell them, I was there at the time I told you. You were not. You didn't call or text so I left. Guess what happens? You think they learned from that not to be late again? Wrong!

They'll do the same shit again and again. But for some after the shit happens to them enough you might see some change. I did that to one of my local Haitian regulars until she finally started coming on time. Oh and another thing. I take my time coming to let them in. They hate waiting outside, they want me to be outside when they get dropped off. But again, I put the onus back on them. I told you to tell me when you were you were leaving, I won't wait outside, getting bit by bugs and bored when I could be doing something constructive with my time.

I typically will give a person 5 to 15 minutes. After that, and them not advising me of their status, I'm ghost. IMO, a person who knows they are late, should have the common sense to call or text. If you let that shit go, it's like telling them that you accept that shit. But if you communicate with your feet, you find out quick if they can deal with a person who won't put up with it. After they end up wasting their time, and expense because of their lateness, that is something they have to deal with. It's not even about me. I took myself out of the equation. They have to deal with the consequences for their own behavior.

On a side note, I apply a similar outlook when dealing with service in a restaurant. Like many, I have had to deal with wait staff that can't remember shit. Or get your order wrong, and still bring the wrong order back to your table. So to somewhat overcome or minimize this from happening. I try to get the wait staff to repeat everything I asked for and any particulars, like how I want something prepared. Most folks don't do that. They simply ask the waiter did you get that? And the person responds, yes. But the point is, what did they get? More often than not, they didn't get it. And due to a language barrier and their pride, low brain power, bad diet who knows?, or perhaps ashamed to admit they really did not understand everything that you said.

So what ends up happening when they bring stuff to the table its not exactly what you wanted. They will plop down anything they get from the kitchen and probably hope or expect you to deal with it, and not complain. Getting them to repeat everything MAY help both of you to circumvent a potential misunderstanding. Plus it can help us to see if the server is compensating for what they think they understood, instead of trying to really understand what you want. My overall point in this, is put the onus back on the locals, instead of just accepting things the way they are. Allow them to get frustrated due to them not exercising good judgement in communicating, and failing to be responsible own their end.

In summary, I don't need to get mad, angry, upset or frustrated when a person is late. I avoid being stood up, by making sure they do what is necessary to let me know they are coming. And if they arent where they are supposed to be at a certain time, I do not look at it as owing them my time or patience. I freely change my plans. If they don't show up, fine. If they do, and I'm gone, that's their problem. Thats what happens when you do not take responsibility for your behavior.

One more anecdote. One day I was on the Caribe Tours bus in Charimicos. It had just pulled away from the station. It was sitting at the light. Someone bolted out of the Caribe Tours station, hustled up to the door, trying to get the bus driver to open the door. The driver waved his finger back and forth, as if to say. No, no. No. No. You should have come before I closed the doors and pulled off. See? That individual that couldn't get on the bus had to deal with the consequences for not being ontime for THAT bus. Whether they learn the lesson, that's on them. But the way the bus driver handled it, he didn't let that individual off the hook for their own behavior. He took matters in his own hands. No argument, no whining, no explanations. Just do what needs to be done, and let the other person deal with it.

Oh yeah and it happened in the DR where you constantly hear that is the culture , and you just have to accept it. Well guess what?, the bus driver apparently didnt get the memo on common lateness within DR culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro1257  [View Original Post]
    I took being late personally but I now understand it was not personal they were simply being Dominican.
    It is not just a Dominican thing, but more of an island thing. On most islands you will experience the on-time not really mattering (although they are able to show up for work on time).

Me and a chick that I mess with in the Philippines were going somewhere together. The flight was leaving at 2 and I told her to meet me at the airport at 1. At about 1:50 she comes waltzing up to the gate. I am like where the fuck have you been? She said what are you worrying about; the flights never leave on time. I will be damn if that flight didn't leave an hour and a half late.

Shit is so bad that I use the CP method now when booking a flight on a Filipino airline. I book an earlier flight than I want to take because I know it is not going to leave until the time I really wanted to go. It is either that or book a flight at the time I want and be late as fuck.

Ahorita es no solo una palabra es un estado de mente

Ahorita es no solo una palabra es un estado de mente.

I realize this is old news to many but regardless I'd like to share my experience as an anecdote. Since living in the Dominican Republic I have learned that some Dominicans and I repeat some Dominicans do not have the same accountability for time as I do. I served in the United States military and was a law enforcement professional my entire adult life therefore I always had to be accountable for my time. Where I came from if you are not on time you were AWOL (Absent without leave) and there were consequences.

Fast forward I have retired and now live in a country where many people DGAF about time. I have given special note to a pattern. Many of the women that I have met between 18 and 25 have not completed basic education (high school or here it is called Bachiller) this means they are under-educated and cannot find decent work which would incline them to be accountable with their time.

Since living in Puerto Plata many of the chics that I deal with can be considered semi or non pros which means since some I repeat some are under educated and lack professional work experience therefore they are often late and regretfully I have been stood up more times than I can count. If a chic is a pro she still might be late but has more of a sense of getting her money, which requires more time accountability; but if a chic is semi or non pro she may want a "regalo" or "ayuda" but she is less likely to be accountable for her time.

There are 3 words I have had to learn:

1. Ahora which means now.

2. Ahora mismo which means right now or immediately.

3. Ahorita which means soon however there is no specific time attached to the meaning of the word. Another idea that captures the meaning is cuando quiera or "whenever. ".

My point is the attitude of many of the chics I have encountered is "ahorita. " It used to offend me but now I understand that when chics are being late they are not deliberately being disrespectful they are doing what comes natural and acting out of there cultural value of time "ahorita. " I took being late personally but I now understand it was not personal they were simply being Dominican.

Going forward I will assess the person and the situation and decide on a case by case basis how to deal with chics who are late. Some are really nice people and seem to have a teachable spirit and really want to learn others really DGAF and seem to have rocks in their heads.

Living here I feel like I am in school and I have much more to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by SubCmdr  [View Original Post]
    ... the FDB crowd ...
    FDB?

Fuck Da Brits?

Yeah, I have come across a lot of those.

Had a very good time

Had to alter my plans a bit due to the action in Sosua. I had a couple of chicas in SD on call but opted to stay in Sosua where I was having a very good time with a hot chica who was rocking my world. Sosua is so much fun when you know your way around. I expanded my bucket list of things to do in Sosua. As soon as I got home I started planning my next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by SubCmdr  [View Original Post]
    Sounds like you are going to have a great time enjoying the company of some fine ass women.

Gifts? Ambiance? Plans for quality time with your girls? Say it isn't so!

Mr. OldKool, how do you expect to stay a member in good standing with the FDB crowd that regularly posts up in the various DR forums? Enquiring minds want to know!

Quote Originally Posted by OldKool  [View Original Post]
    I took time to plan my trip. Because I am seeing old amigas I am bringing gifts. I spent 50 dollars on perfume and cosmetics. Enough for 4 ladies. I also spent 20 bucks for a pair of tennis shoes. Got stoke the GFE. I also bought 2 vibrators lube and condoms. The prep was fun. I plan to pickup some Henni and tequila at the duty free. I have great line up ready and willing. I even have backup girls. A necessary in the DR.
    Sounds like you are going to have a great time enjoying the company of some fine ass women.

Gifts? Ambiance? Plans for quality time with your girls? Say it isn't so!

Mr. OldKool, how do you expect to stay a member in good standing with the FDB crowd that regularly posts up in the various DR forums? Enquiring minds want to know!

Getting ready

I took time to plan my trip. Because I am seeing old amigas I am bringing gifts. I spent 50 dollars on perfume and cosmetics. Enough for 4 ladies. I also spent 20 bucks for a pair of tennis shoes. Got stoke the GFE. I also bought 2 vibrators lube and condoms. The prep was fun. I plan to pickup some Henni and tequila at the duty free. I have great line up ready and willing. I even have backup girls. A necessary in the DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear13  [View Original Post]
    So I got two of my girlfriends from Santo Domingo. I am going down to spend time with. Looking at doing all inclusive but wonder if I can get away with bringing one girl for a few days then another for a few days.
    You can do it, be sure to check out the first girl at lobby counter. If you are pretty sure that girls are going with you I think it is better to book a double room in advance.

All inclusive.

So I got two of my girlfriends from Santo Domingo. I am going down to spend time with. Looking at doing all inclusive but wonder if I can get away with bringing one girl for a few days then another for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart1  [View Original Post]
    Looking to book an all-inclusive for 3 days with my RD novia, prices were all over the map for Coral Costa Caribe in Juan Dolio, for June 01 for 3 nites rate per night varied from $90 usd to $267 usd, checking with or 8 online sites, highest was booking.com and expedia, the hotel; s own site was $115 usd. I booked for $108 night with a swiss agency, Amoma.
    Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that area, but I have found very good bookings through hotelsdotcom. An added benefit with them is that after accumulating 7 nights' stays, you get one night free.

Wild pricing

Looking to book an all-inclusive for 3 days with my RD novia, prices were all over the map for Coral Costa Caribe in Juan Dolio, for June 01 for 3 nites rate per night varied from $90 usd to $267 usd, checking with or 8 online sites, highest was booking.com and expedia, the hotel; s own site was $115 usd. I booked for $108 night with a swiss agency, Amoma.

A question to the member

I had a conversation the other day. It was with someone with extensive experience visiting the Dominican Republic over a long period of time who has extensive contacts throughout the island with guys who both visit and live here. The question proposed to me was:

"What are the benefits of having a girlfriend when you live in the DR other than bareback pussy?"

Posting Limitations