The Velvet Rooms
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Sosua Hotels

+ Add Report
Page 49 of 83 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 59 ... LastLast
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

Hotel Safes

My two Cents :

One has to assume that all hotel safes can be opened by someone in the hotel. I use a real estate lock and place my items in that then lock the safe. Real Estate locks are used to store keys credit cards and cash if need be. Look on amazon. Com.

Skimming happens all the time in hotel safes. The OP only had around $500 so keeping track of it wouldn't be difficult. When guys bring loads of cash the chance to notice someone skimming it minute.

Lock it up. Even in the safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomjackin  [View Original Post]
    "Here a short statement what happen!

I know him a longer time as a guest from NG. When he called me to come to his room, he opened the safe door with his own code and showed me his money. He said there is left 1000 Peso and 100 US$.

He began with his arguments that somebody was in his safe. He told me that the day before the handyman opened the safe because before they put a wrong code in. He said the handyman pushed only the button and opened the door. That's not possible I told him. To open the door you have to push the button and put a new code in.

He said the handyman never made that. So I called the guy and told him to open the door once more. He pushed the button set a new code and opened the door. If somebody want to open he has to do the same procedure to go into the safe.

But when we were talking he said before he opened the safe with his own code. How can that be if somebody changed the code to open the door. That's the reason that nobody could open his safe because nobody knew his code.
    Sounds like a bullshit story out of Wilfred, what electronic safe sold in the last 10 years doesn't have a regular key to open it? The batteries go dead they going to cut it open with a torch? The looter got in by master key not a code.

Wilfried's Response

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Kong6  [View Original Post]
    Needless to say, I will NEVER EVER stay at CC or deal w / W again! It's pretty sad that W, for whatever reason, chose to tell a long-time client to fuck off instead of even investigating my complaint. Times have been tough for a lot of folks (including me) the last few years, but there's absolutely no excuse for shit like this! It looks like somebodyatCC has forgotten, or perhaps just doesn't care, that there business is dependent on reviews.
    First off, I've known Wilfried for years and I know he is a honest hard working man. The NG never had a better manager and when he left, the service at NG was just not the same. Because he is a personal friend of mine, I forward your whiny report to him. Here is his response:

"Here a short statement what happen!

I know him a longer time as a guest from NG. When he called me to come to his room, he opened the safe door with his own code and showed me his money. He said there is left 1000 Peso and 100 US$.

He began with his arguments that somebody was in his safe. He told me that the day before the handyman opened the safe because before they put a wrong code in. He said the handyman pushed only the button and opened the door. That's not possible I told him. To open the door you have to push the button and put a new code in.

He said the handyman never made that. So I called the guy and told him to open the door once more. He pushed the button set a new code and opened the door. If somebody want to open he has to do the same procedure to go into the safe.

But when we were talking he said before he opened the safe with his own code. How can that be if somebody changed the code to open the door. That's the reason that nobody could open his safe because nobody knew his code.

Then he asked me if I can give him the 100 US$ back. I said why, happened nothing. When he saw that there is no chance to get money from the hotel, he suddenly said, he feels like unsafe in the hotel and if I can give him the money back he prepaid for 2 nights.

Resume: If I give him the money, he feels safe in the hotel, if not he feels unsafe and has to leave the hotel.

At that moment I knew exactly that there is something wrong in his arguments and he had no idea where he spend the money the day before.

I told him that I will refund him the 2 nights and he can leave."

It sounds like he did everything to please you, but you insisted on bashing him and the hotel.

Considering your massive reports, all 9, mostly whiny ones at that, you have no creditable on this board!

Please take your toys and play elsewhere!

You're Just Proving My Point

If you could ever bring yourself to read that Dbag's site, you'd see that my story has generated lots of discussion & most posters have sided w / me over the hotel manager. So again, you're post has already benefitted many Sosua regulars, so should feel proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Buscemi  [View Original Post]
    I am beginning to think you were drunk and forgot where you hid your money.

It probably turns up in your cargo shorts when you pack for your next trip.
    I'm no stranger to the web, but I've yet to encounter a manual on proper internet etiquette. Maybe you can post a link. But what I have seen time & time again are posts copied from one forum to another, including on this one.

Whatever, it's not proper etiquette to cut and paste a quote from one board to another, WTF are you new to the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by savepros321  [View Original Post]
    someone can dig up the report if they have time. i'm tired of playing librarian (article fetcher), lol.
    of fucking course i ended up doing what i swore i wouldn't, lol. here is the other story i was talking about:

==============================

dr sosua report a surething part ii

but to pick up where i left off lets begin with imas chester. by the way guys i never seen somebody get so blatantly hustled like this in my meager time of mongering in all the destinations i have been to. the timeline i'm on now is day 4 after the torrential downpour of the previous night after everybody had gone home and i went after seeding 2 in classico (which i'll get too later). as we were sitting down eating our complementarity breakfast courtesy of new gardens, which the breakfast is delicious if i may add. imas was approached by the front desk clerk about someone being there to see him. it was obvious in his body language he did not have any expectations of any visitors at this time. i then glance at the front desk to see who it was and it was the same chica who had visited him the day before with her mother (or so she says). he told the front dance clerk he will get to her in a few that he was eating his breakfast and talking business with a friend (me) and will be with her in his earliest convenience. i was thinking to myself, don't try to play the tough guy now sir. but in all seriousness i was concerned for the guy. all my red flags and alarms in my head were firing off. when he excused himself and went to the room with the girl, two other women walked in and had a seat. one was the self proclaimed mother of the girl and the other was some female officer. but she looked so fake that it was laughable. the badges were hanging off her tie and collar pins like she just got up this morning, went to a costume store and through them on before walking in.

at this time all of us were wondering what the hell is happening to our poor 1st time mongering buddy. umbrella jake then broke it down too us because he put the pieces together after seeing the rent-a-cop. he told us she is suppose to be a immigrations officer. before imas met me, and i wish he had earlier because he wouldn't be in this crap, some girl he had had sex with saw how soft he was and figured she could get more. imas was hit up for 5000 pesos (nobody told him the average going rates and he didn't even try to bargain) so she saw the neons lights "i'm a sucka" on his forehead and proceeded to tell him she needed his help. her and the so called mother then begin to loosely give this sob story about how her baby needs help and needs money. imas gave her another 100. 00 us dollars but they still pushed on. she then said that his family (you see how she switched her family to his family?) will be even more grateful if he can take care of her recently born baby. i believe about a year old. the immigration officer was there to take his passport and stamp it to where he would have been there within the time frame the baby was conceived so they can pin him as the baby's father! aint that a * they were playing the poor guy so bad, i wanted to walk over and slap the 2 whoes off there chairs just because.

when iams came down with the scank he was obviously in panic mode. he had just figured out what umbrella jake broke down to us. big m and umbrella jake then told imas to go tell the owner, let the hotel know whats going on. now might i let you guys know, it seem that these 3 scanks knew some of the peeps employed at new gardens. the locals will join in, in scamming a poor sucka who doesn't know any better! this is where new gardens owner comes flying in with his cape. the dude is italian and i give much props to this guy. he put the breaks on it with the quickness as soon as imas broke down what was happening to him at the front desk. these scanks vanished from the premises as slithery as they appeared. the italian stallion wasn't having none of. new garden hotel takes care of it's customers period. i saw the panic aura slowly leaving imas's face especially when umbrella jake told him how he lost his damn umbrella to this hideous 12 seed that night to cheer him up.

original post:

http://www.internationalsexguide.inf...=1#post1274127

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Pooter  [View Original Post]
    Thanks, but I wasn't involved in that. I don't get to Sosua much these days.
    Sorry for the mix-up.

CORRECTION: C Pooter only brought the story to the attention of the board:

==========================

Sosua is not Disneyland

Friday night in Sosua a monger (not a vet, but not a newbie either) agreed a price of 2500 pesos for TLN. Took the chica back to Terra Linda for the night. After one pop she pulled the old "leave early" stunt so he would only pay her 1500 pesos for ST. She refused to leave and he threw her out. There was no physical fight as such and she left quietly enough though obviously in a foul mood.

She came back later (early next morning?) with bruises, a cop and a lawyer, and the guy was arrested and taken to a Puerto Plata cell for the night. The security guard who had let her out said she was in good state when she left so presumably the bruises were inflicted by herself or her chulo.

Next day some of the friends he had made on his trips here, plus some very experienced ex-pats, arrived with a lawyer. Eventually they all chipped in to make up US$3500 to get him released and (I think) the charges dropped. The monger left for the US (either because it was his last day anyway or because he was understandably so pissed off with the DR, or because he was now broke, or because it was a condition of his release, I don't know which). I guess he won't be back in a hurry.

The above are the brief facts, though obviously there was a lot more hassle, unpleasantness and complications involved over a 36-hour (?) period.

Some random comments:

136, 500 pesos expended to save 1000, plus a lot of other guys precious holiday time and incidental expenses. Many guys advocate standing up to the chicas and cops and not yielding any ground. This might work 19 times out of 20 but when you look at the cost savings it is not a good bet.

I have no idea whether the guy had been drinking or was stone-cold sober but alcohol is never helpful in such situations.

The management of Terra Linda were totally unhelpful (and wouldn't let the security guard speak on the monger's behalf) but the manager of Rocky's (where the guy was not staying and who did not know the guy from Adam) spent a lot of his time helping. It might have been him who arranged a defence lawyer but don't quote me on that. I can understand Terra Linda's position. They have to carry on their business after the monger is back in the States and they don't want to make enemies of a cop and a lawyer by denying them a payday, but I suspect he would have got more backing from the New Garden and obviously at Rocky's because their whole businesses are reliant on recommendations from mongers whereas TL are trying to position themselves as a family hotel.

This sort of thing could happen in any part of the DR (or in most other corrupt countries as well) but it is far more likely to happen with hard-core putas from the "strip" in Sosua. (I imagine I will get no arguments from Jaosousa on that point). That is one reason why, after my first 2 or 3 trips, I have confined my mongering to Pto Pta, other small towns and the campo.

Kudos to all the guys who chipped in, not with "wise after the event" comments but with their time and a lot of hard cash. Most of them hardly knew the guy but they all realised it could happen to any of us. Had he been a lone wolf he could really have been screwed a lot worse.

Original Posting: http://www.internationalsexguide.inf...=1#post1302463

Not me. guv!

Quote Originally Posted by SavePros321  [View Original Post]
    C Pooter and a few other local expats helped bail him out.
    Thanks, but I wasn't involved in that. I don't get to Sosua much these days.

I cited your post over there because it was very useful in explainin what happened to me at Cayena. As you know, that board is DR / Sosua-dominated, so puttin that info there will result in more exposure to guys who might want to stay at CC (for example, the hotel mgr is a member there, but not here). I'd bet that 50% or more of the guys on that site have no knowledge of ISG.

So hopefully you can forgive the transgression, since it done for the greater good.

RK6
    Whatever, it's not proper etiquette to cut and paste a quote from one board to another, WTF are you new to the internet?

I am beginning to think you were drunk and forgot where you hid your money.

It probably turns up in your cargo shorts when you pack for your next trip.

Calm Down, Dude

I cited your post over there because it was very useful in explainin what happened to me at Cayena. As you know, that board is DR / Sosua-dominated, so puttin that info there will result in more exposure to guys who might want to stay at CC (for example, the hotel mgr is a member there, but not here). I'd bet that 50% or more of the guys on that site have no knowledge of ISG.

So hopefully you can forgive the transgression, since it done for the greater good.

RK6

Rey. Why are you quoting me on other sites, are you new to the internet, WTF?

If I wanted to post on that douchebag's site, I would sign up for a user name.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #2041  [View Original Post]
    I liked Terra Linda, and never had any problems there, but I suspect that their rates are now higher than $60 a night. As for being helpful when things go bad with a Chica. That's not their issue. The Chicas don't work for them, or even help bring guys there (as they do at New Garden) so what would you expect them to do?
    He is referring to the incident where a chica told the cops that a guy staying at TL gave her a black eye (or something like that). The original argument was over money and he ended up putting her out. TL sided with the cops and the guy was arrested. C Pooter and a few other local expats helped bail him out. I think the guy even came on ISG and gave his side of the story.

Someone can dig up the report if they have time. I'm tired of playing librarian (article fetcher), LOL.

On the flip side, there was a newbie guy being juiced by a chica and a lady who had ties to the passport agency. They were threatening to have his passport held if he did not give money or sign something (something like that). I think the cops also got involved, but the owner of New Garden stepped in and told them all to go fuck themselves. Someone can find that posting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Long  [View Original Post]
    I've heard bad things about Terra Linda, double billing on your credit card when you get back home. The owner not being real helpfull when things go bad with a Chica. Personally I'm going to avoid Terra Linda.

Chris
    I liked Terra Linda, and never had any problems there, but I suspect that their rates are now higher than $60 a night. As for being helpful when things go bad with a Chica. That's not their issue. The Chicas don't work for them, or even help bring guys there (as they do at New Garden) so what would you expect them to do?

Just did my 10th trip to the Sosua and decided to try Casa Cayena for the 1st time after receiving an email sayin that my ole buddy, the former NG mgr, was now runnin the place (who I'll refer to as 'W' here). I only ended up stayin there 1 night after gettin fucked over like never before in all my years of mongering! So I felt compelled to share my story here for everyone who might consider stayinatCC.
    @ Rey - Why are you quoting me on other sites, are you new to the internet, WTF?
    If I wanted to post on that douchebag's site, I would sign up for a user name.

Many thanks

I shared this post on another board where "W" is a member. If his hands are clean, he'd be best served to get to the bottom of the situation. I already took the loss, but it would make feel a little better if the thief was caught & other guys were spared from this nonsense.

There were several documented cases of "missing" $100 bills @ Casa Cayena two / three years ago pre-Canadian ownership, I have the exact dates on email somewhere. There is apparently a master key still floating around. Some of these safes can be opened and closed without a password re-set. If you do a little detective work, you can figure out who is behind this.

Just did my 10th trip to the Sosua and decided to try Casa Cayena for the 1st time after receiving an email sayin that my ole buddy, the former NG mgr, was now runnin the place (who I'll refer to as 'W' here). I only ended up stayin there 1 night after gettin fucked over like never before in all my years of mongering! So I felt compelled to share my story here for everyone who might consider stayinatCC.
    There were several documented cases of "missing" $100 bills @ Casa Cayena two / three years ago pre-Canadian ownership, I have the exact dates on email somewhere. There is apparently a master key still floating around. Some of these safes can be opened and closed without a password re-set. If you do a little detective work, you can figure out who is behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldKool  [View Original Post]
    AI think terra linda is the place for me 60 is to much. What is terra lindas price and set up.
    I've heard bad things about Terra Linda, double billing on your credit card when you get back home. The owner not being real helpfull when things go bad with a Chica. Personally I'm going to avoid Terra Linda.

Chris

Posting Limitations