Masion Close
"Germany
 Sex Vacation

Thread: Cartagena Reports

+ Add Report
Page 400 of 946 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 410 450 500 900 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 14185
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by YippieKayay  [View Original Post]
    The first thing I do is buy supplies after arriving. It's pretty normal in Cartagena apartments. The place I usually stay at gives me 2 towels (of questionable quality), 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 soap bars. I bring my own towels, and buy the rest at the nearest exito.

I stay in Bocagrande. Never tried El Laguito. A couple of chicas I know invited me back to their place in El Laguito after we spend the day at the beach for them to change before we head back to my place. They had these one room studios that felt like they were doing web cam shows or some shit. Of course they would describe it as a PENTHOUSE they are in with all their friends. It's actually a corridor with single rooms they all live in, heh.

I've noticed there's one nice thing about getting a more luxurious apartment. Most chicas do notice and do like to spend time in them. It beats going back to their rat hole. They've all had me take photos of them on their phone posing in the apartment. Instant vanity facebook posts for them. One even took a video and walked around the place.

It then becomes very easy to get them to wife up if that's your thing.

With that said look for deals. I get nice places in Bocagrande that are chica friendly for around 90 $ USD or less. Totally doable with a little research and contacts.
    Totally agree. For guys with the proper attitude, the nicer the property is, the harder it is to get rid of the guests. The unit I reviewed at Marinaire Building in El Laquito was suitable enough to accomplish this but it was also one half star short of our standard. Considering it is half of what we would pay at say Jaco Beach in CR or Laguna Beach in DR, it's definitely value for money.

Before my visit, I read everything posted here and in the hotels and condo section. I was left with the impression that El Laquito was the only option for guest friendly, no hassle stays. There seems to be a perception that Bocagrande is a big hassle when it comes to guests. I get the feeling that a lot of the "problems" encountered were more just inexperienced or lazy punters that did not do the proper leg work before hand to be solid in agreement as to what the guest policy of the property is and then what the guest policy of the renter is. You know the type I'm talking about, the ones that think they are going to hooker heaven so every bar is a go-go, every girl on the street is a hooker and every property for rent is a brothel or hump shack.

We asked every cab driver, every working girl and every fellow monger we could over a 7 day period, about this issue. They all said the same thing.

The cab drivers drop mongers and guests at almost every building on the beach. There were only a few that require "all guests to be on the rental agreement".

The girls all said they go to all the buildings down there and that there were just a few with weird rules, like one property that has a rule that guests are ok from 7 am to 10 pm and then they have to leave. (like that makes any sense) A few that require overnight guests out by 5 am. Only a few have blanket no guest policies.

We asked about 10 mongers we found around Bocagrande. One said he got bait and switched, told he could have guests and got a hard time when he brought one back. Claimed he did all the right things before booking to verify and claimed he had emails to prove it and was going to stop payment on his credit card when he got home. The rest said the same thing as each other, they did a little work on AirBnB and VRBO, weeded out the ones that replied no guests allowed, contacted the building itself and the unit renter to verify guest policy. We saw two units from the inside and they were some posh digs. Almost brand new, huge flat screens, modern furniture and small patio's over Hollywood and Bocagrande Beach. Prices after website service fees and cleaning fees, etc, ran into the $120 a night range for 2 bedroom units.

It is not apples to apples in both price and location. It matters what you are looking for. Some want something a bit quieter, less people on the streets, less traffic and noise, a more relaxed and uncrowded vibe with a small private beach. El Laquito is perfect for that, almost like a suburb. Some want more pace, more traffic and noise and more crowded or chaotic scene. Bocagrande fits the bill. The beauty of the area is they are within walking distance (or 2 minute cab ride) of each other, so you are not missing out on one by staying in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPage  [View Original Post]
    You must be joking or what? I call that MUSIC for my ears. The majestic sound of slow ocean waves crashing to the shore beach is the best to accompany sleep. It makes you feel immersed in nature, far away from the trafficked cities where most of us live.
    It should be noted that these waves are very small and do not make the noise that 6 foot swells make.

From the unit I reviewed earlier, you could not hear the ocean if you closed the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpartan  [View Original Post]
    Can't tell you how great this detailed report is! I'm staying in what I believe is your unit in just a few days. Very useful!

Is there a supermarket or supply store in walking distance? Just debating if we should get the supplies on the way from the airport or after settling down.
    There is a small local market just a few doors down. There you can get snacks, drinks, toilet paper, paper towels and such. Pretty much anything you need on short notice can be found in the few stores within walking distance.

There are a few supermarkets in Boca, just a few minutes cab ride, if you want to do a more thorough shopping trip.

Shit, I was in Exito today, but only saw your response after we came back with the supplies. Thanks, hopefully will get it tomorrow. I mostly need it for local calls, but still need some data for Uber. Is there a difference in providers if I need it to work in both Cartagena and Bogota?
    No. I usually get Claro or Tigo. Whatever they sell me.

I never had to show ID yet when buying sim cards and I've always bought them either in Bogota or Cartagena.

For Cartagena there are stores Avenida San Martin / Carrera 2. This is behind the buildings in Bocagrande. Most will recharge but not sell you sims. There's a hardware store near the Exito at the south end of this street that will sell you sim cards. For around 50 k you can get a sim card and lots of data (around 2-3 GB if I remember correctly).

Your best bet is to get a chica to take you to a store and get you a sim card if you're not sure how to configure it.
    Shit, I was in Exito today, but only saw your response after we came back with the supplies. Thanks, hopefully will get it tomorrow. I mostly need it for local calls, but still need some data for Uber. Is there a difference in providers if I need it to work in both Cartagena and Bogota?

Your best bet is to get a chica to take you to a store and get you a sim card if you're not sure how to configure it.
    I am not sure that the kind of competences, which we seek in chicas we select to stay with us, is the same needed to configure a SIM card. I usually rely on the vendor for that. I would not ask any of the chicas who entertain me at night any technical help on my telecom equipment. :p

I also suggest to bring your telephone or a spare one to the vendor, to activate the data plan and try it before leaving the store.

One more thing is that I usually buy a new SIM card for data, which I use in my mobile wifi modem, and I simply top up my old Movistar card, which I use in an old GSM phone for simple SMS and calling. The latter is at least 5 years old, and (believe it or not) it never expired, even after staying unused and without recharge for more than one year. Today's SIM cards expire and become unusable after few months without usage, but that one must be a fossile, which follows the old rules. Good for me.

The new SIM card, to get the data plan activated, needs a telephone with keyboard and capacity to send / receive SMS. Impossible to do that in the MIFI modem. Therefore, even if I buy only the SIM card for data, I have to bring with me the modem AND the telephone.

I'm sure I've seen this question asked in the discussion. But the search function won't find it. Is there a way to get a local sim card at the airport? I remember reading they ask for local IDs. Sounds kind of stupid.
    I never had to show ID yet when buying sim cards and I've always bought them either in Bogota or Cartagena.

For Cartagena there are stores Avenida San Martin / Carrera 2. This is behind the buildings in Bocagrande. Most will recharge but not sell you sims. There's a hardware store near the Exito at the south end of this street that will sell you sim cards. For around 50 k you can get a sim card and lots of data (around 2-3 GB if I remember correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by ViajandoMusico  [View Original Post]
    . Because the building is right next to the ocean, the crushing wave could be noisy for light sleepers.
    You must be joking or what? I call that MUSIC for my ears. The majestic sound of slow ocean waves crashing to the shore beach is the best to accompany sleep. It makes you feel immersed in nature, far away from the trafficked cities where most of us live.

I'm sure I've seen this question asked in the discussion. But the search function won't find it. Is there a way to get a local sim card at the airport? I remember reading they ask for local IDs. Sounds kind of stupid.
    I bought two sim cards at the airport of Bogota on my arrival well after 10 pm, just 2 weeks ago. Several shops were selling. No need of registering passport or ID, although now it's getting the norm in most countries.

In Cartagena airport, I do not remember I have seen such a cell phone shop, but you can go to Centro, if you can wait few hours or the next day.

Sim Card in Cartagena?

Quote Originally Posted by Linyjo  [View Original Post]
    The area of El Laquito as a whole has older buildings that have either been remodeled or are being remodeled. There is a lack guest policy attitude at most of the building in this area and some units in numerous buildings are used by working girls providing incall services. No, it's not a bunch of hookers hassling people that walk by, it's not seedy at all. You wouldn't know it if you weren't looking for it. You are encountering them more in their natural habitat as they relax, shop and eat in restaurants. I personally found them unguarded and more natural when interacting with them. You are sure to encounter many beautiful women in this area which makes for some interesting day time and night time opportunities if you got some game.

We stayed in the Marinaire Building, located in El Laquito across the street from Atlantis building. The area is safe to walk at any hour as there is always either people or a taxi or two on the roads, as the end of this one-way street has the popular Hilton hotel.

You are only a 5 minute leisure walk to Playa Hollywood and there are bus stops located along the way. Within 5 buildings in either direction, there is a money exchange, an ATM which limited me to 300,000 per transaction, a small grocery, a few small convenience stores, 3 or 4 small restaurants and a pharmacy. Pretty much anything you need on short notice is available within a one minute walk.

Along with the bus stop, there are always taxis waiting right outside the door. 7 K to Centro and about 5 to 8 minutes. Sometimes the taxi back doesn't quite know the building name. Just tell them the Hilton and they will have to drive right past the building (there is no other way to get to the Hilton). Alert the driver to the building as you get close, you are about 5 buildings on the right before you hit Hilton.

The building itself is a bit dated as most of the buildings in this part of town are. There was obvious signs of remodeling and efforts being made to improve and update the property. There is full time security guard at the entrance who did their business and stayed out of ours. Always polite, respectful and responsive. All guest must sign in and they record the information but do not keep possession of passports or ID's. They will call your unit and just say the name of the guest that is there and ask if OK to let them in.

One thing that did happen, once the same girl came back twice, she was allowed access without the phone call. This is a two edged sword. I am sure they were just trying to be accommodating and it makes the repeating guest feel more welcome but this also places an onus on the guard being aware if other guests still are the unit. One slip up and this will could cause some awkward moments for the renter. As I know his intent was good, I appreciated it since it was clear during the second half of the trip that we had wifed up.

The building has an elevator, button for our floor stopped working on day 2. We took it one flight above and walked down one flight of stairs. Without a word from us, it was fixed the next day. There is a small pool out back with a few chairs but not much seating. It did not seem like they were trying to encourage people to hang there. The pool looked clear, there was no chlorine smell and I did not see a circulating pump. I looked on about 6 other pools at other buildings and many did not have them. I never use public pools or hot tubs so can't attest to the water besides it was clear. Best to avoid these bodies of water and not be the one on the hospital with the flesh eating bacteria.

There is beach access to a small but clean beach through a gate at the back of the property. Normally there is a buzzer to get in and out but the electric latch wasn't working, so there was no way to open it. Had to ask security guy and he came out and did the credit card swipe to "pick" the latch and let us pass. He said the part was on order. No biggie, we walked the "long way" back from the beach, a total of about three blocks.

The beach has about 10 cabanas with two plastic chairs in them. There was lounge style chairs for rent for an additional fee. Gringo price was 20 K cabana and 10 K per lounge. We paid 10 K for the cabana and I had a beach towel so never checked the chair price but I'm sure we could have gotten for half the quote or less. There is a prison looking restaurant at one end, never tried it. The touts and hawks are more bearable and accepted no on first or second command. On weekdays, normal beach hawks, fruit, beer, water, fish, food, and Jet Ski rides. On Fri, Sat and Sun, the hawks for water floats, temp tattoo, hats, clothes and jewelry also showed up. Weekdays bring a Bluetooth speaker and weekends they got music playing. Mixed crowd from child to grand ma with few eye candy opportunities. Mostly Colombians with friends or family. Relaxed and fun.

We stayed in unit 1004 for a week. At first entry, it seemed sterile. It was clean but it did not feel like home. The furniture is a bit dated and not very comfortable for long periods of time. There is a patio overlooking the beach but it only has an old wooden bartop table and two wooden stools. A couple of hammocks or a couch or something would have made this space 100 X better and more functional.

The television cable was spotty, reminded me of direct TV with a rain storm, if you know what I mean. It never actually worked normally our entire stay. The internet was reasonable enough to watch movies on with a small buffer time. Kitchen is small stocked, a few of everything you need. No spice rack besides salt and pepper, a clue about the units use. The bathroom was clean and the shower was HOT all the time!

Bedroom two has an in-suite bathroom, was large and had a walk in closet with a safe. Enough extra room for a guest to dance and be active. Bedroom one has access to the patio and a wall of mirrored closet doors along the bed and also a safe. This room is a little tighter and not much room for dancing and action. The beds were very comfortable and had 4 or more pillows each. What neither had was any kind of blanket or cover besides the sheet. Thought it would bother me but it never did. Both rooms had functional ceiling fans, a / see units, cable TV, safes, alarm clocks and plenty of lighting.

There is a washer and dryer in the closet of bedroom one. We also found hangers for clothes, iron and ironing board, hair dryers and can openers. There was only 2 towels in the unit. We asked for more and got 4 more the next day. Never did see Juan. We knew he wouldn't be there on arrival day and he tried to call us the next morning but we were sleeping it off. He tried again the next night but we had company. He was available by phone if needed and his assistant checked on us every few days.

All in all, it's a mid-level condo that met our needs at a cheap price We paid 630 for a week in a 2 bedroom condo for which we got what we paid for and more. I would say it is 3.5 stars and it would not take much to elevate this unit to a 4 star unit.

The big items needed are a new living room set and some kind of patio furniture. The little things that were missing and the reason for the sterile feel, bath mats, rug in bath in front of sink, hand towels, hand soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies and paper towels. I get the feeling either the unit has not been rented much or they take everything left behind after every user. We left many things as should have the people before us. Soaps, spices, towels, a bath mat, laundry detergent, paper towel rolls, some cleaning supplies and extra toilet paper. I wonder if the next guy gets them or if the staff takes them home.

Pro tip: Always pull up the felt liner in the safes of your unit, there may be some goodies under there as some things left behind should not be left in public view.
    I stayed in a different unit at the same building that Juan manages not long ago. Everything Linyjo described was spot on. I did get to meet Juan during my stay and talked to one taxista who happened to know him very well, Juan is a very very nice guy indeed. I'd like to add a couple more points here about the accommodation. Because the building is right next to the ocean, the crushing wave could be noisy for light sleepers. Also the beach in el laguito is not that great comparing to other Caribbean destinations. Even el laguito is only 7 k taxi ride from el centro, it could turn into a 20-30 min. Ride during rush hours. Other than the beach, unlike el Centro full of interesting places and restaurants, there is not much to do. So if you are not particularly a beach person, it could be boring. Don't picture prostitutes running up and down the street, looking for clients. This is an area visited by mostly Colombian families on vacation. For me, I'd look for a place in the old town or close to the old town next time. I know bring back a girl is an issue for accommodation in el centro, but there is short term motel for that purpose.

Also, one of the girls I brought back from the clock tower who was all sweet and GFE, stole a brand new hairdryer I bought at Panama airport before arriving Cartagena. Fortunately it was my last night, and I didn't need it much anymore, LOL. So make sure you lockup important stuffs.

The area of El Laquito as a whole has older buildings that have either been remodeled or are being remodeled. There is a lack guest policy attitude at most of the building in this area and some units in numerous buildings are used by working girls providing incall services. No, it's not a bunch of hookers hassling people that walk by, it's not seedy at all. You wouldn't know it if you weren't looking for it. You are encountering them more in their natural habitat as they relax, shop and eat in restaurants. I personally found them unguarded and more natural when interacting with them. You are sure to encounter many beautiful women in this area which makes for some interesting day time and night time opportunities if you got some game.
    Can't tell you how great this detailed report is! I'm staying in what I believe is your unit in just a few days. Very useful!

Is there a supermarket or supply store in walking distance? Just debating if we should get the supplies on the way from the airport or after settling down.

Excellent reports!

The first thing I do is buy supplies after arriving. It's pretty normal in Cartagena apartments. The place I usually stay at gives me 2 towels (of questionable quality), 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 soap bars. I bring my own towels, and buy the rest at the nearest exito...
    Quote Originally Posted by Linyjo
    The area of El Laquito as a whole has older buildings that have either been remodeled or are being remodeled...
    YK,
    LJ,

Thanks to both of you for taking the time and writing these excellent reports.

The first thing I do is buy supplies after arriving. It's pretty normal in Cartagena apartments. The place I usually stay at gives me 2 towels (of questionable quality), 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 soap bars. I bring my own towels, and buy the rest at the nearest exito.

I stay in Bocagrande. Never tried El Laguito. A couple of chicas I know invited me back to their place in El Laguito after we spend the day at the beach for them to change before we head back to my place. They had these one room studios that felt like they were doing web cam shows or some shit. Of course they would describe it as a PENTHOUSE they are in with all their friends. It's actually a corridor with single rooms they all live in, heh.

I've noticed there's one nice thing about getting a more luxurious apartment. Most chicas do notice and do like to spend time in them. It beats going back to their rat hole. They've all had me take photos of them on their phone posing in the apartment. Instant vanity facebook posts for them. One even took a video and walked around the place.

It then becomes very easy to get them to wife up if that's your thing.

With that said look for deals. I get nice places in Bocagrande that are chica friendly for around 90 $ USD or less. Totally doable with a little research and contacts.

The big items needed are a new living room set and some kind of patio furniture. The little things that were missing and the reason for the sterile feel, bath mats, rug in bath in front of sink, hand towels, hand soap, dish soap, laundry detergent, cleaning supplies and paper towels. I get the feeling either the unit has not been rented much or they take everything left behind after every user. We left many things as should have the people before us. Soaps, spices, towels, a bath mat, laundry detergent, paper towel rolls, some cleaning supplies and extra toilet paper. I wonder if the next guy gets them or if the staff takes them home.
    The cleaning ladies take all that and anything left in the refrigerator. They consider it a propina.

Posting Limitations