Masion Close
 La Vie en Rose
The Velvet Rooms
 Sex Vacation

Thread: General Reports

+ Add Report
Page 236 of 928 FirstFirst ... 136 186 226 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 246 286 336 736 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 13907
This forum thread is moderated by Admin

New restaurant, maybe with a twist

Nong. One of the owners of Snow White, Cupid and a few other PSE massage shops just opened a restaurant right next to Cupid massage near Thonglor BTS station between Sukhumvit 38 and 40.

There are a few ex SW and Cupid girls working there so there might be a good chance to get a different kind of dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by EihTooms  [View Original Post]
    To get to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Building from the lower Sukhumvit area, I ride the BTS train to the Mo Chit station, walk down the steps on the Chatuchak Park side and take a motorcycle taxi at the posted rate of 200 baht right to the front door of the correct building and nearest to the office I need right inside that front door. I don't haggle or negotiate that posted price. It is a once a year trip (prior to this new TM30 report form nonsense, that is) and maybe that is why I have always been taken directly to the right spot.

From BTS Nana to my ultimate destination takes about 45 minutes going that way, for about 250 baht. Same on the return.

But I don't mind riding motorcycle taxis and, as we weave in, out and around the 2-3 dead stopped auto traffic jams between BTS Mo Chit and the Immigration Building, I know I would be a lot less comfortable sitting in a car or bus for an additional 30 minutes or whatever, fretting over how many dozen more people are lining up at the door or getting queue tickets ahead of me during the delay. LOL.
    I took taxi straight onto freeway from Nana region of Sukhumvit, Vipavadee Rangsit (Don Meuang tollway), at about 9. 30 am or so, maybe 10 on a Tuesday. Freeway was okay Get off for Chaeng Wattana, it is usually heavy. Can turn off left into Soi 5 immediately after crossing the Khlong (canal) to stay out of traffic jam and go to government building the back way. It is far to hot to take motorcycle. Taxis will go no problem because they can easily get a customer leaving there to go somewhere else.

I got my queue ticket at about 11. I had to go downstairs to Photostat my documents first. Several photostat and passport photo places exist. Would be nice to get queue ticket first but they check your stuff is in order. My wait till got the 30 day extend was 45 minutes. Not bad by picking not so busy day and not too earlier when huge numbers are queued.

Then I had to wait in queue to get a taxi leaving. He took me to Phaholyotin MRT station, since traffic back to Sukhumvit was getting heavy. Had to turn left at Vipavadee Rangsit (the wrong direction) and then do a you turn back to head south.

The key to doing Chaeng Wattana is which day you go and what time of day to avoid traffic jams. There are far to many people waiting at opening time, so somewhat later is better.

Next time I will try one of the regional immigration offices instead. They are generally reported to be much faster.

Here is a Map of Immigration Offices:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...2559928711&z=5

I will probably ring them first to make sure they can do the 30 day extension but should be okay.

Visa Runs

I guess I'm in the minority as someone who enjoys having to make a Visa run every 60 days. Breaks up the monotony and allows me to go to Jakarta, Japan, Korea, PP, Vietnam, Singapore, etc. Every 60 days. I enjoy my extra little side trips especially during months when Thailand heat is unbearable.

Mandatory Insurance

HEALTH insurance has been made mandatory for foreigners aged 50 years and above seeking long-term stay in Thailand.

The insurance policy must offer up to Bt40,000 coverage for outpatient treatment and up to Bt400,000 for inpatient treatment.

This is one of the measures the government has introduced to ease the financial burden placed on state hospitals by foreigners, many of whom have not paid for treatment.

The Cabinet has already approved the new rule, Health Service Support Department director-general Nattawuth Prasert-siripong revealed yesterday.

According to Nattawuth, the new rule applies to both new applicants for the non-immigrant visa (O-A), which offers a stay of up to one year, and those wishing to renew their visa. Each renewal is valid for one year.

Overseas policies okay too

Such health insurance is good for foreigners too, Nattawuth said.

Foreigners can buy valid health insurance from longstay.tgia.org or if they wish to use health insurance that they bought overseas, they must ensure that the coverage amount is no less than what is required by the rule. We are going to discuss with relevant authorities on to how to check the validity of health insurance bought from overseas, Nattawuth said.

Asked about foreigners who cannot buy health insurance because their health risks are considered too high, Nattawuth said relevant authorities might consider requiring them to have higher deposits in bank accounts so as to make sure that they have enough to live in Thailand.
    FYI for those over 50 who want to stay in Thailand on an O-A Retirement Visa. Likely a good thing to have for anyone over 50 anyways.

30 Day Extensions

Last year I was in Hua Hin and it was time to extend by 30 days rather than leave. For example, a 60 day tourist visa will actually get you 90 days if you go to the trouble to extend it. In Hua Hin I was amazed at the process. They have an assistant, like a student, who does some pre-screening and gets some details from you. Specifically your address in Thailand. After a few minutes of wait, seeing the IO is almost exactly like when you first stamp into the country. They take your photo, the form has been filled out on their pc with your details and printed for you to sign. Pay your 1900 baht and get that extension. Done, 10 minutes at most including the wait time. This is supposed to become the standard throughout the country. That would be great but I have never, not ever, in my 14 years here seen any 2 immigration offices have a truly standard procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasb  [View Original Post]

I have done the drill in Bangkok and it's a PIA. For one thing, it's tough to find a taxi that will take you out there. However, GRAB might be the way to go. On both times, I ended up on a motorcycle taxi, which I absolutely hated. The drivers act like it's a suicide mission. Then you get dropped off at entrance to site and then you need to take another motorcycle ride to the building.
    To get to the Chaeng Wattana Immigration Building from the lower Sukhumvit area, I ride the BTS train to the Mo Chit station, walk down the steps on the Chatuchak Park side and take a motorcycle taxi at the posted rate of 200 baht right to the front door of the correct building and nearest to the office I need right inside that front door. I don't haggle or negotiate that posted price. It is a once a year trip (prior to this new TM30 report form nonsense, that is) and maybe that is why I have always been taken directly to the right spot.

From BTS Nana to my ultimate destination takes about 45 minutes going that way, for about 250 baht. Same on the return.

But I don't mind riding motorcycle taxis and, as we weave in, out and around the 2-3 dead stopped auto traffic jams between BTS Mo Chit and the Immigration Building, I know I would be a lot less comfortable sitting in a car or bus for an additional 30 minutes or whatever, fretting over how many dozen more people are lining up at the door or getting queue tickets ahead of me during the delay. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasb  [View Original Post]
    Last December, I went to the Thai consulate in my US city and requested a 60 day visa, which was immediately provided. In and out in 30 minutes. I think it was $40 so cheaper than getting a 30 day extension in Thailand. Of course, you can only get a 60 day visa in the US and live close enough to a consulate or embassy to make it worthwhile. For a period of time over the last few years, there was a requirement that 60 day visa had to be applied for in LA or DC and you had to mail your passport along with the application but for whatever reason this requirement was changed and they now allow consulates to provide the 60 day visa.

I have done the drill in Bangkok and it's a PIA. For one thing, it's tough to find a taxi that will take you out there. However, GRAB might be the way to go. On both times, I ended up on a motorcycle taxi, which I absolutely hated. The drivers act like it's a suicide mission. Then you get dropped off at entrance to site and then you need to take another motorcycle ride to the building.
    What consulate? Atlanta is the same as DC, 15 days. LA is the only consulate that gives same day.

For newbies: don't fear the trip to Chang Wattana. BTS or mrt to mo chit / chatuchak, walk 50 meters up the road and flag a cab. 100 baht.

60 day visa.

Last December, I went to the Thai consulate in my US city and requested a 60 day visa, which was immediately provided. In and out in 30 minutes. I think it was $40 so cheaper than getting a 30 day extension in Thailand. Of course, you can only get a 60 day visa in the US and live close enough to a consulate or embassy to make it worthwhile. For a period of time over the last few years, there was a requirement that 60 day visa had to be applied for in LA or DC and you had to mail your passport along with the application but for whatever reason this requirement was changed and they now allow consulates to provide the 60 day visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Syzygies  [View Original Post]
    I did the 30 day extension recently. Actual delay to get it from taking a queue number was just 45 minutes. I got there about 11 am on a Tuesday (a few days before the deadline and still got 30 days extra). Far more time was taken waiting for a taxi on leaving and getting back to Sukhumvit. So in total one wastes a lot of time. Think arriving very early is not beneficial I have heard of very long queues.

There was a period of official holidays coming up so did not want to get too close to that, so did it before May Day. Actually was 30 Apr so 1 day before May day. Did not even know at the time if 1 may as a holiday or not. I am told it maybe possible to do regionally far quicker than in Bangkok.

They basically just want their 1900 Baht, so I think they could make it easier and have some alternate locations, as they do make good money from it, or allow a mail service, however perhaps they want to interview and ask questions sometimes. Many fail to fill in the forms correctly. Perhaps by website would be possible, and if any questions needed to be resolved then ask the person to go to the office.

Usually they don't ask me any questions.

All these bureaucrats need something to do.

Here is a map showing supposedly where all the Immigration Offices are.
    Next time I might try a provincial one, but will ring them to check 30 day extension is possible. Someone told me it should be faster than in Bangkok.

I see someone else is griping about the new required TM30 form on last Sunday's Stickman Weekly site. I suspect that is something they will allow to be done by mail someday soon. I mean, they're asking for the place to be packed with more people, delaying everyone else, standing in line and getting a gueue ticket just to report that they returned from a pleasant vacation yesterday. LOL. Ridiculous.
    I did the 30 day extension recently. Actual delay to get it from taking a queue number was just 45 minutes. I got there about 11 am on a Tuesday (a few days before the deadline and still got 30 days extra). Far more time was taken waiting for a taxi on leaving and getting back to Sukhumvit. So in total one wastes a lot of time. Think arriving very early is not beneficial I have heard of very long queues.

There was a period of official holidays coming up so did not want to get too close to that, so did it before May Day. Actually was 30 Apr so 1 day before May day. Did not even know at the time if 1 may as a holiday or not. I am told it maybe possible to do regionally far quicker than in Bangkok.

They basically just want their 1900 Baht, so I think they could make it easier and have some alternate locations, as they do make good money from it, or allow a mail service, however perhaps they want to interview and ask questions sometimes. Many fail to fill in the forms correctly. Perhaps by website would be possible, and if any questions needed to be resolved then ask the person to go to the office.

Usually they don't ask me any questions.

All these bureaucrats need something to do.

Here is a map showing supposedly where all the Immigration Offices are.
    Next time I might try a provincial one, but will ring them to check 30 day extension is possible. Someone told me it should be faster than in Bangkok.

Quote Originally Posted by Syzygies  [View Original Post]
    I never go to Chaeng Wattana on a Monday or Friday (nor public holiday naturally), as these days abut a day off and can increase the numbers of people there. Tuesday is a better choice as example if not next to a day off.

The following suggest reporting can be done by Registered Mail:
    https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand...mmigration.php

Chaeng Wattana should be last choice maybe.
    This time it was getting a bit close to the day my previous visa would expire and I didn't want to skip a day after getting all my documentation together just in case I was missing something and had to return another day.

Yes, I have been doing the 90 Day Report by mail ever since I moved here several years ago. Even during the political protests when they closed down the main Immigration Office at Chaeng Wattana and opened some satellite offices. Some guys were saying we had to submit the report in person at those satellite offices since the main one was closed. But I didn't have a problem at all doing it by mail during those times. I was fully prepared to do it by mail this time and it wasn't due for another 3 weeks. That is why it was so annoying that they wanted me to spend 4 more hours waiting just to do something it takes me 20 minutes to do by mail including the walk to my nearest Post Office. But I understand that when you renew your retirement visa the 90 day cycle starts anew.

I see someone else is griping about the new required TM30 form on last Sunday's Stickman Weekly site. I suspect that is something they will allow to be done by mail someday soon. I mean, they're asking for the place to be packed with more people, delaying everyone else, standing in line and getting a gueue ticket just to report that they returned from a pleasant vacation yesterday. LOL. Ridiculous.

BTW, if expats think we are the ones suffering from the new rules, the Thai people working in that Immigration Office have never looked so frazzled and exhausted from all the extra and unnecessary work, hustling as fast as they can from 8:30 am until whenever they finish the last one after dark. There will be a breaking point where it will just make everyone happier if they move most of these procedures to the Internet.

I never go to Chaeng Wattana on a Monday or Friday (nor public holiday naturally), as these days abut a day off and can increase the numbers of people there. Tuesday is a better choice as example if not next to a day off.

The following suggest reporting can be done by Registered Mail:
    https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand...mmigration.php

Chaeng Wattana should be last choice maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItOrBreak  [View Original Post]
    I am quite sure this is the TM30 she is referring to and that one is 24 hours from entering Thailand. "Every time you leave Thailand and return with a new (arrival and) departure card in your passport, you have to be reported again, because your departure card number has changed. ".

I never had a visa in Thailand but in Phuket they are very relaxed about this even when I extended my 30 day stamp. As a owner myself I am not sure behind the logic why I need to report myself. Being foreigner that is most likely the (mis) interpretation they done either way so best to follow suit.
    You're right, the TM30 is the one. As a tenant, why do I have to report it? I thought that is why my apartment owner/manager asked me to tell him when I return from out of country; so he can make a copy of my Arrival Card and report it.

I suppose if my apartment owner/manager fails to do what he is supposed to do, I am on the hook for it the next time I renew my annual visa, including the fine. But, crap, returning to Immigration the day after coming back from a vacation out of Thailand is damned onerous. She didn't say there was a "by mail" option for me. And I asked. She said I had to come in to the Immigration building and do it in person.

Reporting your address

that same Immigration Officer told me when I leave Thailand for another country, say a 5 day holiday in the Philippines, I needed to RETURN to Immigration, in person, within 24 hours of re-entering Thailand to report that I have returned. Again, WTF? I'd never heard of that before either. Really? I swear I asked her for clarification on what I just thought I heard her say and, as god is my witness, she repeated it twice; I am supposed to come back to that Immigration location within 24 hours of returning to Thailand after a simple holiday in another country, get a queue ticket and wait for who the hell knows how long in order to report that I have returned! Of course, I looked incredulous. So then she said, well we can give you a grace period of 4-5 days to come in for that report.

Anybody else ever hear of this "new rule"?

Well, good luck with your retirement visa renewals, my fellow expats. I know only some country expats have to deal with these new rules. The USA is one of them.
    I am quite sure this is the TM30 she is referring to and that one is 24 hours from entering Thailand. "Every time you leave Thailand and return with a new (arrival and) departure card in your passport, you have to be reported again, because your departure card number has changed. ".

I never had a visa in Thailand but in Phuket they are very relaxed about this even when I extended my 30 day stamp. As a owner myself I am not sure behind the logic why I need to report myself. Being foreigner that is most likely the (mis) interpretation they done either way so best to follow suit.

Renewing a Retirement Visa

I renewed my 1 year Non-Immigrant (Retirement) Visa today. This was my first time to renew it since some new rules took effect January 1, 2019. What usually took me 4-5 hours in the past took 9 hours this time. I arrived at the Chang Wattana, Bangkok, Immigration location at 9 AM, 30 minutes after they opened at 8:30 AM and did not walk out with my new visa stamp in my passport until about 6 PM. And even then I feel like the Immigration Officer and her 2-3 assistants were hustling it through in the last minutes just to get it done and close shop. Yeah, they will keep going until they've processed everyone, accepted or not. There were hundreds of people there at 9 AM. When I left about 6 PM, there were only 3-4 people still sitting with Immigration Officers in the cubicles.

I can't really say what the hold up was since I showed up with all the documents I'd seen online as necessary, all filled out with supporting financial documents included. One thing I always found to be true was as true this time; you will never know exactly what you need to show, which forms to be filled out and so on, until the Immigration Officer wielding the inked up stamp TELLS you what you need. Reading about it online on the various sites is helpful. But they won't tell you the full story. Be prepared to fill out 2-3 additional and unmentioned forms repeating what you'd already filled out before.

Of course, filling out that stuff, the new stuff, does not take very long. Waiting for your queue ticket number to be called is what takes long. I suppose next year I will be sure to show up about an hour before they open. I wanted to do that this time but had a girl stay over last night and, well, that screwed up my plan for an earlier exit from the apartment. But I'd shown up during the 12 Noon lunch break in the past and still got out before 4 PM. This time they seemed inordinately concerned about me putting in a 90 Day Report on where I lived (using a different form than I'd ever used before). I don't remember that being such a big deal in the past. My next 90 Day Report was not officially due until May 31 and I always do that with ease by mail. But the first Officer I finally saw in her cubicle about 1:30 PM today instructed me to go to get this and that photo copied downstairs and then go to Counter B to submit my 90 Day Report now.

Possible Helpful Tip: Sometime an hour or so before it looks like your first queue ticket will be called, go to the queue ticket desk again and ask for a queue ticket for Counter B. Get a jump on it even if you don't need to go through the 90 Day Report process on that day. If you don't need that queue ticket then you really lucked out, just throw it away. Or give it to someone who looks like they need it. Someone with kids in tow. But waiting for the Officers at Counter B to handle all the 90 Day Reporters took a whopping 3 1/2 hours! That was after waiting 4 hours to be told by the first Officer I spoke with to tell me I needed to go to Counter B for a 90 Day Report. And at that point, I still had my passport in my hand without a new visa stamp in it.

I was then supposed to go back to the original waiting area and wait for them to call my original queue ticket number. Yeah, that means they were WAY past my original number by then and it was entirely up to the good will and keen memory of the Immigration Officer who told me to go through the 90 Day Reporting processes to see me, remember I was the guy she sent over there half a day ago and, oh, ok she'll take me now just as soon as she gets through these next couple dozen applicants. You get the picture. Next year I will be sure to pick up a queue ticket for Counter B long before I am actually told I need one. And if I am not told to do it, I'll throw it away or hand it to some cute applicant who looks like she needs to get through that particular process faster than the next 3-4 hours.

Anyway, a few notes on the new rules:

I use the monthly streaming income method; showing a minimum of 65,000 baht per month, each and every month for the previous 12 months, going into my Thai bank account, and all from Foreign Transfers. I had a print out of all transactions for the past 12 months (cost 200 baht at Bangkok Bank). Each of the Foreign Transfer I highlighted and with a total amount of baht transferred for each month to make it easy for the Immigration Officers to see it at a glance. As it turned out, I missed that 65,000 baht minimum in Foreign Transfers one month in the past year. I had made a transfer on the 30th of the previous month, thinking it would land in my account on the 1st of the next month, but damned if it didn't land there on the 31st of the month. That meant I had a much larger Foreign Transfer in the previous month and came up short by, get this, 228 baht the next month! Yeah, I could only show 64,772 baht in Foreign Transfers for one of those 12 previous months. Well, either nobody noticed or they really didn't care about one month being off by so little. Everything was good.

I had also heard that rental income was not being accepted as a legitimate source of income. I can't really confirm or deny it based on my situation. But I will say that the supporting documents I showed was a small monthly pension (not enough to cover that 65,000 baht per month), my IRA savings account and some rental income reports. I gave all of it to the Immigration Officer and got my visa stamp. So I can't really say if they combined my typical IRA withdrawals and my pension to come up with what they needed to see or if they actually did include the rental income with my small pension to come up with it. Any combination of two of those sources would be plenty to show as an ongoing income stream greater than the minimum required. It was too complicated to ask and I was in no mood to conduct a survey. And it didn't really matter to me how they came up with it anyway. I have not started to collect my Social Security and that alone would be enough to cover the 65,000 baht per month income stream. But, until then, it looks like they were fine with combining my too small pension with one or both of the other sources of income (IRA and/or rental income) to approve me for the income requirement.

At one point before I was given back my passport with the new visa stamp in it, one of the Immigration Officers, a kind of cute little lady, handed me a blank sheet of paper and told me to draw a map of my apartment location. WTF? I'd never had to do that before. Never heard of it. Anybody else? Well, I just drew some lines and labeled them Sukhumvit Road, Asok, etc. And then a line for my soi and the approximate location of my apartment with an X. She was fine with that. Hey, whatever.

There was also a special meeting with me and one of the Immigration Officers involved in the newly highly important 90 Day Reporting process where I was told that, since my apartment manager failed to submit the information about my residence in his building in a timely manner after I'd moved in there about 5 years ago, either he or I needed to pay an 800 baht fine this very day. Of course, I paid that myself. Again, never heard of that one before. And then there was this; that same Immigration Officer told me when I leave Thailand for another country, say a 5 day holiday in the Philippines, I needed to RETURN to Immigration, in person, within 24 hours of re-entering Thailand to report that I have returned. Again, WTF? I'd never heard of that before either. Really? I swear I asked her for clarification on what I just thought I heard her say and, as god is my witness, she repeated it twice; I am supposed to come back to that Immigration location within 24 hours of returning to Thailand after a simple holiday in another country, get a queue ticket and wait for who the hell knows how long in order to report that I have returned! Of course, I looked incredulous. So then she said, well we can give you a grace period of 4-5 days to come in for that report.

Anybody else ever hear of this "new rule"?

Well, good luck with your retirement visa renewals, my fellow expats. I know only some country expats have to deal with these new rules. The USA is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paolo99  [View Original Post]
    At least this guy was calling her and having some kind of communication with her.

In the story from Pattaya one the guy didn't even think about calling his "wife" for months, he would rather send her text messages. Who would do that? He don't even try to communicate with his wife and just complain about sending her money.

These Koreans have plenty of scam artists, one should take these stories with a grain of salt.
    What did the Korean do? That was random.

Posting Limitations