PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

LA Guy 5
02-21-16, 03:05
Given that those aggregators (Expedia and such) or websites such as Agoda or Booking charge the hotel up to 20% commission fee, I can understand why the hotel doesn't want to upgrade you and rather limit giving the bonus points to customers that cut out the middle man.Also, in some cases, clearly not all, the aggregators enter into agreements with certain hotels to get blocks of less desirable rooms the hotel does not expect to sell without discounting them through aggregators. In such cases, the discounts assume the consumer will not get the full range of benefits (such as upgrades, points, and so forth) one gets when booking directly with the hotel.

As to the hotel price matching guarantees, whether this works I suppose depends on which hotel, season, and so forth. In my own experience, on those occasions when I have compared the prices on the Starwood website to those offered by third-party booking websites, I haven't seen much difference. Then again, a lot of the hotels I stay at have high occupancy rates so likely don't need to offer discounts to the aggregators. But they do have to pay a commission to them which they would not have to pay on bookings made on the hotel website.

MusicalToM
02-21-16, 14:55
I searched for some hotels within the price range of $30 & not quite decisive to final one. Although I kind of made my mind if nothing I find better in next few days will book "Rajah Hotel".

May be someone can suggest me a better place in my price range. Hoping for the best.

FreebieFan
02-22-16, 03:25
. In my own experience, on those occasions when I have compared the prices on the Starwood website to those offered by third-party booking websites, I haven't seen much difference. Then again, a lot of the hotels I stay at have high occupancy rates so likely don't need to offer discounts to the aggregators. But they do have to pay a commission to them which they would not have to pay on bookings made on the hotel website.This is because all Starwood properties (and Marriott and Hilton) use "rate parity". The lowest rate available online must be matched by the rate available in the companies official distribution channels. If a Starwood SPG member can find a publicly available rate lower on a website than the official Starwood channel, they can claim compensation etc etc. All Starwood managed properties abide by this.

LA Guy 5
02-22-16, 03:59
This is because all Starwood properties (and Marriott and Hilton) use "rate parity". The lowest rate available online must be matched by the rate available in the companies official distribution channels. If a Starwood SPG member can find a publicly available rate lower on a website than the official Starwood channel, they can claim compensation etc etc. All Starwood managed properties abide by this.Thanks for the clarification. My post to the effect I have not seen lower rates on third-party websites for the SPG hotels I stay at was a reaction to GDreams post stating "They all have best rate guarantee programs so you can book the same or better rate via the hotels system. For SPG they reward you with a further 20% off the alternate websites rate. These days I rarely pay full rates from the hotel websites. " My response was essentially that with SPG "not in my experience." But YMMV I suppose, and it is possible a lower rate on an SPG hotel might slip by on a third-party website every now and then (particularly given SPG adjusts its own rates on its website from day to day to reflect projected occupancies and so forth).

There is one other thing I wonder. You stated all "Starwood-managed properties" abide by this, yet Starwood has a number of franchised properties that display a Starwood brand name but are locally managed by non-Starwood General Managers (who often do not follow the SPG rules for upgrades and so forth). Although Starwood seems unwilling to release a list of such properties, if one complains to Starwood about the performance of such a property, it is not unheard of to receive a letter back stating among other things "Starwood is not involved in the day to day management of this particular property" (I once did receive such a letter regarding a Sheraton that turned out to be a franchised property under local management) Did you mean to exclude such properties from your statement about Starwood enforcing rate parity on its Starwood managed properties?

Hiete
02-22-16, 10:27
Let me first say thank you to all your contributions as they have been very helpful for my short trip to BKK. Going to be there this Sunday morning and spend two nights. I'm choosing between Mermaid Hotel (corner suite room) and The Fusion Suite (Deluxe room). Other than the location which seems to me that Mermaid is the winner is there anything else any I should consider? I'm thinking about having some sessions in MP's and take a WG with me to tuck me in at night. Therefore I don't mind to stay in Fusion and traveling the extra mile in order to go to the MP's that are located nearby Phrom Phong such as Cherry's, Addict and perhaps Tulip a bit further. Seems that both hotels are lady friendly? Anything else I should consider before booking? How about the local food in both areas? Any recommendations? Comments would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Sunlover2
02-22-16, 12:44
I searched for some hotels within the price range of $30 & not quite decisive to final one. Although I kind of made my mind if nothing I find better in next few days will book "Rajah Hotel".

May be someone can suggest me a better place in my price range. Hoping for the best.At your price point for lower Suk take a look at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel.

SL.

MusicalToM
02-22-16, 14:30
At your price point for lower Suk take a look at the Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel.

SL.Thanks a lot for sharing the name. Hotel looks wonderful. I'm going with the bookings.

I hope the hotel is 100% girl friendly. Some good discount sale is going on, if somebody else is looking in the specified price range, must have a look.

MusicalToM
02-22-16, 20:49
Dear all,

Woraburi Sukhumvit Hotel is having some bad repo in terms of behavior towards it's guests. I know people are booking it for it's cheaper price & location, but be prepared to face any bad behavior by the staff if you are not lucky enough. I changed my mind to not book this hotel since I'll be staying for 3 nights & bringing girls to my room. When I pay to stay any kind of bad behavior is not acceptable at all.

Again requesting all to suggest a nice girl friendly hotel in $30 budget.

GDreams
02-22-16, 23:48
That was a bit brief. Can you teach us more about how this is done?I visit BKK around 2 times per year. As a Platinum member I prefer the 5 stars as I get the free breakfast and drinks included and also regular upgrades to suites on the base rate.

I usually look first at Hotelscombined and if I can't find a better rate then look further afield to other aggregations. I also look at the best rate guarantee thread in flyertalk for websites that are regularly providing BRG opportunities. If I find a lower price on SPG I book a cancellable rate and then apply for the BRG on the SPG website. If they approve it they will send a confirmation with rate set at the competitor minus 20% rate. There is an option to get 2000 points but I only look at this option for 1 night stays. If they refuse the BRG for one of their technical reasons you can look for an alternative or cancel the booking. Even though the original booking is refundable they will compare their lowest nonrefundable booking to do the match but if successful they keep the matched rate refundable whereas if you use a non refundable rate then you are stuck with that booking.

For SPG the Royal Orchid is almost a certainty to find but I avoid it because I don't like the location. The W is a regular. I have booked a couple of times and received rates of 3300 ++ which is pretty good for that standard hotel. Plaza Athenee usually available at similar or less than W. Standard rates for these hotels are +5000. Westin I have had high 2000 to low 3000. These three I just keep looking until I find a rate I can BRG and have never failed in finding one. I am usually are there in July and Dec / Jan. Aloft is sometimes available for low 2000's. The other SPGs are more difficult to find BRGs but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I haven't done BRGs for other chains but they all have programs with their own processes so if you want all the benefits of points and status read up on how to apply them for your chain.

I am sure other hotels are cheaper but my plat benefits are worth 1500 to 3000 baht per day for breakfast and drinks for 2 people not including the value if I paid for suites which in many cases would cost another 5000 - 10000 baht a day if I were paying the SPG website price. In January I decided to burn a few of my points as SPG are to merge with Marriott. I spent 16 nights (15 in 5* and 1 in Aloft) and didn't get charged one cent.

Red Kilt
02-23-16, 13:38
I just spent a few nights in the Landmark, my place of choice when I pass through Bangkok, usually on business (I live in Manila).

I got an upgrade to the Premium Floor and it was superb, with drinks and food available in the Lounge.

I like this place although at $110 usd per night it is relatively expensive, but I like the bars in the property and the food is good too when you don't wish to struggle along the nearby sois for the street food (which I also always enjoy).

I went to the Huntsman Pub on 2 evenings and on Sunday evening there were 3 very stylish-looking FLs sitting at the bar (each in separate places, not together) and eyeing off the farangs scattered around the tables. I was working and needed to behave myself so I didn't test the waters but after I had done a run through Nana (just around the corner from Landmark) I came back for a final ale and by that time 2 of them had landed a victim so I guess it ended well for all. For those of you who like the 5-star experience, the Landmark is in the A plus position and well worth it.

Breadman
03-01-16, 17:35
Had some trepidations about this hotel after learning they only allowed one girl per day into your hotel, if you went over you'd get an extra 1000 baht charged to your room. It never happened though, found for the most part that I'd only take one girl back per day and spent the rest of my hobbying at either the BJ clubs or the oil massages. Did find that most girls complained about the walk to the hotel so its unlikely I'll bother staying here again.

Breadman
03-01-16, 17:37
Just past soi 6 on soi 4, half the price of the Phachara suites. Was a decent hotel, I'd give it a 2 star rating at most. Not bad since your on soi 4 but not the best setup for hanging out in the room. No problem with bringing girls back to the room, they gave them a visitors pass at the front gate after getting your room number.

CaptCabins
03-01-16, 18:04
Nice hotel. Guest friendly. 4 star at most.

Citrus 11 3.5 star. Nice room and VFM.

Never brought a girl to my room yet but at dream hotel many punters bring ladies to the room.

Hiete
03-02-16, 12:46
Stayed in Hotel Mermaid for a couple of nights. Booked a corner suite. Price was about 2100 Bath per night. Can't really fault it except for the first day when I noticed that there were some empty bottles of shampoo / bath gel left in the shower area.

Spacious and quiet room with small balcony, AC, mini bar, coffee / tea making facilities, safety deposit box that allows you to store a 13"/14" laptop in and a comfy king sized bed with some purple ambient light behind you. Glass partition between bedroom and bathroom which is a nice touch. Nice bathroom with bath tub and separate rain shower.

Friendly staff. While check out they checked my room and they noticed me that I had forgotten something which was correct. Going up my room the housekeeper notified me that I forgotten a piece of underwear and a box of condoms. Very thoughtful.

It's positioned between Asok and Phrom Phong. Both in reasonable walking distance. Let's say about 10 minutes maximum.

Didn't tried their breakfast nor did it tried to bring in a WG. Not that it should be a problem as I have seen quite some men bringing in exotic ladies. I think that if you want to pickup somebody from Soi Cowboy she won't fancy to go along with you for ST. Not that it should disturb you as there's a ST hotel nearby Soi Cowboy where you can amuse yourself with the girl. Not sure where the place is but if the rooms are as nice as the room you can rent in NEP (350 Bath /1 hour) then you're safe.

Maybe I was lucky this time meaning that I could hear some talking in the room next door. So if you have a very active neighbor it might be best to have some earplugs with you just in case.

All in all a highly recommendable place.

Khondjii
03-09-16, 21:02
I used to stay in this hotel for years and it was my favorite in BKK (just next to Soi cowboy, GF without any questions, etc) but it seems to be the last Time. They recently move the reception on the ground floor now. At your arrival they force you to sign a note with a lot of points including 1000 bahts joiner fees for any Guest. If you really want to invite somebody in your room, everybody can watch the scene because the reception area is filmed on the TV Channel of the hotel (Channel 1 for everybody).

Nixonbd
03-11-16, 23:26
Booked her with a Superior room in the Tower wing. Anyone been here? I read the Climax bar in the hotel has a good selection of freelancers? I chose it because it appears to have large rooms and had one of the larger pool areas for daytime leisure. I still have time, if I were persuaded otherwise.

Cheers.

Allover
03-12-16, 03:47
Booked her with a Superior room in the Tower wing. Anyone been here? I read the Climax bar in the hotel has a good selection of freelancers? I chose it because it appears to have large rooms and had one of the larger pool areas for daytime leisure. I still have time, if I were persuaded otherwise.

Cheers.Great location but the hotel has been in need of a renovation for a long time. If it has been upgraded recently then it would be ok. I would stay at Grand President on the same soi about 300 meters away. Grand Prez rooms should be nicer than Ambassador. Aloft, also on Soi 11, would be even nicer but pricier. Soi 11 is a great place to stay.

Red Kilt
03-12-16, 06:56
.I dropped into the foyer of the Ambassador some 3 weeks ago around late morning in order to check out some rooms to consider for my next trip and it was filled with middle eastern gentlemen and women as well as lots of small kids running around.

I never stayed or bothered to check a room.

This may not be of concern to you Nix but it's a heads-up just in case it is.

Stykler
03-12-16, 13:10
Anyone been here? I read the Climax bar in the hotel has a good selection of freelancers? I chose it because it appears to have large rooms and had one of the larger pool areas for daytime leisure. I still have time, if I were persuaded otherwise.

Cheers.Ambassador Hotel is a toilet. Find somewhere else.

Christian G
03-12-16, 14:50

Cheers.If you want stay in soi11, you could look for Salil Hotel. Is very GF, you can bring 2 girls for 3 some without any extra fee.

Mumbai Guy
03-12-16, 15:36

Cheers.Ambassador is a worn out hotel and badly in need of a revamp. If soi11 is where you want to stay then you can try Grand Swiss. Nice comfortable and spacious rooms, totally girl friendly, helpfull staff and a good breakfast. The only negative is that the pool is small.

Nixonbd
03-13-16, 15:46
Ambassador is a worn out hotel and badly in need of a revamp. If soi11 is where you want to stay then you can try Grand Swiss. Nice comfortable and spacious rooms, totally girl friendly, helpfull staff and a good breakfast. The only negative is that the pool is small.Thanks for all the advice. Just noted that my booking at the Ambassador is non-refundable. I do have to say that the majority of reviews on the Ambassador on Agoda are from UK, European and US travelers. I will make the best of it.

Nixonbd
03-14-16, 01:31
I dropped into the foyer of the Ambassador some 3 weeks ago around late morning in order to check out some rooms to consider for my next trip and it was filled with middle eastern gentlemen and women as well as lots of small kids running around.

I never stayed or bothered to check a room.

This may not be of concern to you Nix but it's a heads-up just in case it is.Having been to Pattaya for the past 6 years, my experience with Middle Easterner's is that they look for the cheapest room and see how many they can fit in a single bed. Maybe the female abortion thing is in said countries is creating a climate of man on man stuff. Just my HO, LOL.

Haven123
03-14-16, 02:51
Having been to Pattaya for the past 6 years, my experience with Middle Easterner's is that they look for the cheapest room and see how many they can fit in a single bed. Maybe the female abortion thing is in said countries is creating a climate of man on man stuff. Just my HO, LOL.Man, that is BS. Using your logic, since men don't generally share a room or a bed in the US or Australia, for example, there should be less man on man stuff, as you refer to it?

Any inference, based on your kind of logic, would have to also be consistent with the facts / data on a worldwide basis.

Anyway, I call BS on your thinking. And FYI I have nothing against gays (many of them are great and highly talented) but I am and always will be 100 straight, since I don't have the predisposition hard coded in me biologically. So, my comments are just about the facts, data and logic.

Crypton
03-14-16, 19:20
Has anyone stayed at the Four Points Sheraton (on Soi 15) or Aloft (Soi 11)? Are they both girl-friendly? And how about the location. Convenient to hotels and bars? And finally, how bad is the walk of shame in these hotels? Meaning, are they occupied by mostly families? Thank you for any info you can provide.

Christian G
03-14-16, 20:22
And how about the location. For me soi11 is a great soi, you can walk to Nana Plaza or soi Cowboy. BTS Station is just outside the soi on Sukhumvit road. You have everythings you need: Bars, disco, restaurant, massage, BJ bar, go-go, freelancers, ecc.

Nixonbd
03-15-16, 17:26
Has anyone stayed at the Four Points Sheraton (on Soi 15) or Aloft (Soi 11)? Are they both girl-friendly? And how about the location. Convenient to hotels and bars? And finally, how bad is the walk of shame in these hotels? Meaning, are they occupied by mostly families? Thank you for any info you can provide.Google "Guest Friendly hotels in Bangkok" several links from there.

Crypton
03-15-16, 19:43
Google "Guest Friendly hotels in Bangkok" several links from there.Thanks Nixon. I did find out both are GF. I have narrowed the hotels down to Four Points Sheraton or Grand Majestic (on Soi 2). If anyone is familiar with both of them, I would appreciate your advice!

BionicMan
03-15-16, 20:17
Thanks Nixon. I did find out both are GF. I have narrowed the hotels down to Four Points Sheraton or Grand Majestic (on Soi 2). If anyone is familiar with both of them, I would appreciate your advice!Being a regular Customer at majestic grande I can only recommend it. It is right in The scene, GF friendly and take care of guests in that aspect, a breakfast that fits any diet, spacious rooms.

BionicMan
03-15-16, 20:19
Having been to Pattaya for the past 6 years, my experience with Middle Easterner's is that they look for the cheapest room and see how many they can fit in a single bed. Maybe the female abortion thing is in said countries is creating a climate of man on man stuff. Just my HO, LOL.You might have picked the wrong ethnicity.

Roger Sideways
03-15-16, 21:12
I am staying at the Grand Sukhumvit (managed by ACCOR) for a short stopover in BKK next month. I have seen varying reports about how whether the hotel is girl friendly and even mention a few years ago of a joiner fee. Anyone got any recent experience at this hotel?

NamasteParis
03-15-16, 22:46
I am staying at the Grand Sukhumvit (managed by ACCOR) for a short stopover in BKK next month. I have seen varying reports about how whether the hotel is girl friendly and even mention a few years ago of a joiner fee. Anyone got any recent experience at this hotel?I'll stay there also by April. This hotel is GF. Anyway, always book for 2 persons, and you'll be fine.

Roger Sideways
03-16-16, 13:12
I'll stay there also by April. This hotel is GF. Anyway, always book for 2 persons, and you'll be fine.Thanks. I've booked for 2 and I have Platinum Accor membership so I expect I won't have any problems. I'll be arriving on the 4th and leaving on the 7th.

NamasteParis
03-16-16, 13:39
Thanks. I've booked for 2 and I have Platinum Accor membership so I expect I won't have any problems. I'll be arriving on the 4th and leaving on the 7th.I'm also Platinum, and I guess you're french? Pity I arrive the 8th!

BKKguru
03-16-16, 23:44
Crypton,

FYI-

Majestic Grande does have a walk of shame. From the front lobby entrance to the elevator, it is a good 30+ feet. You have to walk past the guests sitting in the lobby and the Reception desk.

After 9 pm, they have Security (professional looking in a suit) sitting at a desk near the lobby entrance. Security will check and keep the ID of the girl. When she leaves, they will call you in the Room before giving her ID back.

~BKKguru.

Thanks Nixon. I did find out both are GF. I have narrowed the hotels down to Four Points Sheraton or Grand Majestic (on Soi 2). If anyone is familiar with both of them, I would appreciate your advice!

MichaelSamuel
03-30-16, 02:25
GCP21 was my go to property in Bangkok, but it's now tied with the Marriott on soi 57. I previously posted about it, but here is some more information. First is GF of course, and lots of traffic so no one would notice anyway. Pool is nice, but is more east facing so better in mornings than afternoons. However there is a bar unlike GCP so you can get a drink, but it is pricey. Rooms are nice and service is great. On site food options good as well and you get 20% off coupons for them so makes it more reasonable. It's location though is my primary reason for my rating though. Thong lo and ekkami have so much going on with new bars and restaurants. Spend a half hour on http://bk.asia-city.com/ and you will see what I mean. Also right on suk outside the hotel are 3 great noodle shops, a thai chinese place, and a street seafood place all which smell terrific every time I walk by. It's only 2 blocks from BTS and since it avoid the asoke and phrom phong intersections its easier to get everywhere including the airport.

Downsides: definitly not walking to cowboy or nana, is international brand so no food is cheap or even thai reasonable (from experience any international brand has overpriced room service), rooms not that big.

Upsides: rooftop bar is terrific, executive apts are nice amount of space, location to more local places, new and modern, marriott points, great staff, local laundry and food close, sky and tulip walking distance.

BTW, I got the Citi Prestige card last year and despite its 450 fee it's come in really handy. You get 250 back in airfare credit, so really its only 200, and if you are US citizen it will also pay your $100 global entry application fee. The other 2 notable benefits are the priority pass lounge access which came in handy in both HKG and BKK last trip, they aren't as nice as the business or first lounges, but some free food and drink and a more comfortable place to rest during layovers or preflight is always more relaxing. Last the 4th night free on hotels can be quite valuable. The booking is annoying since you have to call and talk to a travel agent, but doing my research ahead of time I gave them 3 properties and dates and they came back to me with prices. A bit more expensive than internet booking, but if you are staying 4 nights, 8,12, ect. That 4th free more than makes up for it. Anyway, thought was worth sharing. If you are interested milevalue.com is my go to for more information, and if you go through their website they get credit which seems more than fair for the good analysis they do.

Allover
03-30-16, 07:39
GCP21 was my go to property in Bangkok, but it's now tied with the Marriott on soi 57. I previously posted about it, but here is some more information.MichaelSamuel:

The Marriott website shows two Marriotts at Soi 57. A Marriott Hotel and Marriott Serviced Apartments. Are these properties next door to each other? The serviced apartments are US $99 in May which seems like a fair price. What hotel is GCP21?

MichaelSamuel
03-30-16, 17:56
Same hotel. Just different elevators. You get less Marriott points from staying in apartments if that matters to you.

GCP = grand centre point terminal 21.

MichaelSamuel:

The Marriott website shows two Marriotts at Soi 57. A Marriott Hotel and Marriott Serviced Apartments. Are these properties next door to each other? The serviced apartments are US $99 in May which seems like a fair price. What hotel is GCP21?

BionicMan
03-30-16, 18:27
Crypton,

FYI-

Majestic Grande does have a walk of shame. From the front lobby entrance to the elevator, it is a good 30+ feet. You have to walk past the guests sitting in the lobby and the Reception desk.

After 9 pm, they have Security (professional looking in a suit) sitting at a desk near the lobby entrance. Security will check and keep the ID of the girl. When she leaves, they will call you in the Room before giving her ID back.

~BKKguru.More than happy of their efficient security. They quickly know the guests by face and are very efficient. Nobody in BKK hotel reception or security will bother you. They have seen all and more.

Lefeu
03-31-16, 10:27
More than happy of their efficient security. They quickly know the guests by face and are very efficient. Nobody in BKK hotel reception or security will bother you. They have seen all and more.I spent 3 nights at the Majestic Grande hotel last week. I had many FLs back to my room. Only one had her ID checked by security. For all the others, they simply walked with me all the way to the elevators. The security folks appeared busy with other matters and no one seemed to pay attention. I was comfortable with that, as I am happy to handle my own safety within the confine of the hotel.

Member #4644
03-31-16, 21:05
Can anyone tell me how the Continent Hotel compares to the Grand Swiss? They both seem to be managed by Compass Hospitality. I chose the Continent as it seems to be nicer but are they stricter regarding bringing back FLs and bargirls?

ScaredOfLuv
04-01-16, 11:41
Will be in town April 11 any reviews on the JW Marriott in Bangkok? I'm thinking about booking there.

ScaredOfLuv
04-01-16, 15:52
I made a post earlier saying the JW Marriott, but I meant Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok any info from this hotel. BTW I'm getting a great rate $51.00 a night.

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok.

155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Ratchadamri Road Bangkok 10330 Thailand.

Mumbai Guy
04-01-16, 17:15
Can anyone tell me how the Continent Hotel compares to the Grand Swiss? They both seem to be managed by Compass Hospitality. I chose the Continent as it seems to be nicer but are they stricter regarding bringing back FLs and bargirls?Both are good properties. I have stayed in both but Have stayed five times in Grand swiss and only once in The Continent. I clearly prefer Grand swiss as it has the best location. Right on soi11, just 2 minutes to nana bts, equidistant from both NEP and SC and lots of restaurants around. Room & quality wise Continent is slightly better. Service at both is top class and both are guest friendly. There is absolutely no problem in bringing FLs and bar girls to your room so long as you have booked for double occupancy.

MusicalToM
04-03-16, 21:02
This hotel is located at Sukhumvit Soi 4 near to Boss Suites. I stayed there for 2 nights.

If location and accessibility is not a constraint for you then this hotel is VFM. But I just didn't like this hotel due to it's location. It's a budget hotel and located at end of an alley. Even to get a bottle of water you have to walk at least 800 meters approx. For the money you give hotel rooms are good and it's completely guest friendly.

The hotel I stayed in Pattaya is located at the perfect location and this might be the reason I didn't like this hotel. To be honest the hotel was a serious mood off for me. I'm not going to stay in this hotel in my future trips but I suggest it for people who are tight in budget for a good hotel. But be ready to compromise with location.

BigTimeFun
04-07-16, 01:33
I made a post earlier saying the JW Marriott, but I meant Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok any info from this hotel. BTW I'm getting a great rate $51.00 a night.

Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok.

155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1, Ratchadamri Road Bangkok 10330 Thailand.Is the courtyard guest friendly.

Tojo 5445
04-07-16, 04:03
I'm at the Majestic Grande and really like the location. It's on Soi 2, but there's a parking lot that connects it to Soi 4 (the one that Annie's is in). There a good Mexican place in that lot as well. It's not too far from Nana and just a little bit longer to places like DR BJ's and FireHouse if you want a nice burger.

The Majestic Grande is Nice, clean, and spacious. I'm thrilled w / the location and the cleanliness. I'll repeat next time I'm in Bangkok.

JonTom
04-07-16, 15:15
I've stayed at that Marriott Courtyard many times, no problem bringing ladies in. Good hotel, a little bit away from the action but easy to get to from Chit Lom BTS.

Is the courtyard guest friendly.

HighFlyer80
04-11-16, 07:44
Hi,

I will be on a business trip next week.

My company booked me into Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15.

Does anyone if they are "girl friendly" and how is the walk of shame there?

Thanks.

Mumbai Guy
04-12-16, 14:59
Hi,

My company booked me into Mvenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15.

Thanks.Yes Movenpick is girl friendly like all others in lower sukhumvit. I don't understand this "walk of shame" thing. Nobody in BKK especially in sukhumvit hotels care about who you walk with when you return to your hotel. The looks people give are mostly out of envy. I don't care about what people think when I walk through the lobby. Off course I never do indecent acts in public. So don't worry about it.

Wolvenvacht
04-12-16, 19:56
Hi,

My company booked me into Mvenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15.

Thanks."Walk of shame"? You're too funny!

I call it the walk of pride.

TimTimGuy
04-13-16, 03:13
"Walk of shame"? You're too funny! I call it the walk of pride.I agree and you beat me to the reply. There's a memorable line from the movie "Spy Game" when the character played by Robert Redford shows up at some diplomatic function with a 20-something PYT. Someone comments "I drink scotch older than her!" And the reply is an amazed "Do you want me to APOLOGIZE for that?" I just smile and stride through hotel lobbies. TTG.

Wolvenvacht
04-13-16, 07:31
I agree and you beat me to the reply. There's a memorable line from the movie "Spy Game" when the character played by Robert Redford shows up at some diplomatic function with a 20-something PYT. Someone comments "I drink scotch older than her!" And the reply is an amazed "Do you want me to APOLOGIZE for that?" I just smile and stride through hotel lobbies. TTG.Yes, I find those "encounters" very funny. A few years ago I was in Singapore and took a cute Vietnamese spinner from Orchard Towers "Ipanema" bar back to my business hotel. When I took the elevator back to my room with her, the elevator was full of middle-age business men and their wives.

You should have seen the expressions on their faces! The women didn't know where to look and showed a mixture of embarassment and contempt, the men did know where to look which only made their wifes even more uncomfortable.

15 minutes later, I had my dick well and truly hidden inside that LBFM and those business men were probably still being chewed out by their wives. Just thinking about that made me cum even harder.

Phoenix949
04-13-16, 15:53
Anybody has experienced this Hotel in Soi 10? GF or not?

Plan to be there in May.

Rqnxx
04-14-16, 17:22

Plan to be there in May.Hey,

I'm staying at that hotel as well in the not too distant future. Never tried it before so can't really say much about how good it is (reviews on various travel sites seem quite good though), but I did ask them about their joiner policy before I booked and it seems to be all good.

Here is their reply:

"Dear Sir.

Warmest greeting from Central Reservations Office.

Thank you for your e-mail.

In regard to your query, I would like to inform you that our hotel is guest friendly and there is no charge for overnight staying guest. We only request ID card / Passport for secure reason only."

Aviator12
04-15-16, 03:09

Plan to be there in May.Have stayed at this hotel several times. It is girl friendly. They will collect her ID at the lobby. The hotel is very nice and affordable. Have a nice small pool on top. Situated at a quiet street, but still close to everything. I think it is one of the better options in the area these days.

Aviator12
04-15-16, 03:16
Can anyone tell me how the Continent Hotel compares to the Grand Swiss? They both seem to be managed by Compass Hospitality. I chose the Continent as it seems to be nicer but are they stricter regarding bringing back FLs and bargirls?Both are great hotels. Continent maybe at 5 star, Swiss at 4 star if I recall correctly. Both have the same girl friendly policy. Both have very nice rooms, pool etc. Continent have an upscale bar / restaurant (Italian?) so if you can afford the higher price it is probably a notch better than Grand Swiss.

Henry177
04-15-16, 09:17
Has anyone stayed at the Sivatel? If so is it GF? It is located near Phloen Chit BTS.

Phoenix949
04-15-16, 15:41
Have stayed at this hotel several times. It is girl friendly. They will collect her ID at the lobby. The hotel is very nice and affordable. Have a nice small pool on top. Situated at a quiet street, but still close to everything. I think it is one of the better options in the area these days.Thank you very much. Good to hear that. Will booking there. Easy Access to most places by Walking??

Alex7J
04-21-16, 08:42
If some of you have stayed in the Ambassador suite in the Davis corner wing or been there for a party with some friends you know what I am talking about, I have been staying here now for the past almost 8 years its time I want to change it but I am looking for a suite or room which is on a higher floor has a balcony as I have a thing to fuck females in the balcony with night lights around I used to do in Somerset sathorn but now I look for a pool or jacuzzi in the room also its such passion to calm down in a jacuzzi after you have fucked your female pure pleasure it is I should say or fuck your lady inside the jacuzzi voila.

Advice needed from long staying punters or friends or fellow ISG'ians guide which is a nice room where we can have all of the above. Will be in BKK again soon so need a crazy and classy place to stay.

Cheers,

Alex

NamasteParis
04-28-16, 21:32
I stayed several nights in these 2 hotels managed by ACCOR group.

As a platinum member, I was offered free upgrade in both places.

Grand Sukhumvit is ideally located near Nana Plazza. I could get a huge appartment with 2 bedrooms (I was with my buddy) + jacuzzi.

Grand Mercure is ideally located near Soi Cowboy.

Both are very clean, room are spacious and quiet, staff friendly, and GF of course.

Both recommended!

BigTimeFun
04-28-16, 22:23
Looking for guest friendly apartments near the action / trains. Airbnb is good but I like to hear from others. Would also like a safe.

Kumbu
04-29-16, 00:44
Looking for guest friendly apartments near the action / trains. Airbnb is good but I like to hear from others. Would also like a safe.You looking for a serviced apartment? What's your budget?

Nice places, close to the action:

- Frasier Suites Sukhumvit (Soi 11). Stayed here many times. A bit of a hike down to Suk, but close to Climax, and the 1-bedroom apartments with a balcony are killer.

- Omni (near Nana). Stayed one night. A little run down, but close to NEP.

-Phachara Suites (near Nana). Never stayed here, but did a tour of it recently. Nice location, clean rooms.

- Centre Point (Wireless Road, perhaps Rachadamri). Wireless road is decent, Rachadamri is highend, but closer to Chit Lom than Nana.

- Cape House (a bit of a walk, but close enough). A little business-oriented, but perfectly nice.

- Marriott Executive Suites (across the road from Cape House). I like this place. It's great, but I can't get the cheap rooms any more.

There are others, and I'm sure other people will post about those.

Wolvenvacht
04-29-16, 06:06
Looking for guest friendly apartments near the action / trains. Airbnb is good but I like to hear from others. Would also like a safe.Check out the Citadines serviced apartments in Bangkok. I have been to Citadines in Soi 23 which is very close to Soi Cowboy and I found it good value. Citadines 23 has a small pool on the roof and a gym.

Christian G
05-02-16, 09:27

Plan to be there in May.I found a promo rate on booking.com 1790 baht / night included vat and tax, no breakfast. Let me know if you will have a pleasant stay.

PerkinWarbeck
05-02-16, 21:51
Hey guys,

Anyone know if there is a hotel with a jacuzzi in the room near the action?

Thanks!

SuperMarckus
05-03-16, 03:00
Okay here's a nerd question I bet has never been asked before. (I know, I checked!

I want to take some pix of girls in my room so I'll be wanting to swap the bedside lightbulb for a daylight one I'll bring along. Also a red bulb for mood!

Does anyone know if Thailand uses screw-cap or bayonet bulbs, and if screw-cap do they tend to be large or small?

Many thanks!

Dg8787
05-03-16, 04:47
Okay here's a nerd question I bet has never been asked before. (I know, I checked!

I want to take some pix of girls in my room so I'll be wanting to swap the bedside lightbulb for a daylight one I'll bring along. Also a red bulb for mood!

Does anyone know if Thailand uses screw-cap or bayonet bulbs, and if screw-cap do they tend to be large or small?

Many thanks!The bulb socket size in Thailand for screw-in is E27. USA Size is E26 and will not work. In addition Thailand is 220 volts and U.S. Is 110 volt. Might be easier just to buy a new light bulb in Thailand than to bring one in.

Wolvenvacht
05-03-16, 07:04

Many thanks!I think they use a mixture of all those types.

Way better to buy one in Thailand after you have checked what type is actually used in the room.

Gorgon
05-03-16, 13:51
I recently stayed at Double one by aspire or what ever the full name is. The place is above the new steak house and thus fairly new. The rooms are fresh, the bathroom was big and tasteful with frosted glass walls and good lighting. The essential part is to NOT get a room towards soi 11. You will listen to LOUD funky baselines all night from seven until late. It would frankly have been embarrassing to bring anyone to that room so I did not try the guest friendliness. A more quite room would probably be most sufficient for people in this price range.

SuperMarckus
05-03-16, 14:24
The bulb socket size in Thailand for screw-in is E27. USA Size is E26 and will not work. In addition Thailand is 220 volts and U.S. Is 110 volt. Might be easier just to buy a new light bulb in Thailand than to bring one in.Thanks! UK has the same voltage as Thailand and uses E27 so that's good to know, thanks!

David 2
05-03-16, 17:08

Many thanks!I also find that the hotels are using smaller and smaller bulbs, supposedly to save on energy costs. But the rooms are so dim that I can't even read at night. So I always buy a new bulb or two. All 7-11's and Family Marts sell the bulbs at very reasonable costs. They're usually sold in a rack right by the front entrance of the store.

Syzygies
05-04-16, 11:48
I also find that the hotels are using smaller and smaller bulbs, supposedly to save on energy costs. But the rooms are so dim that I can't even read at night. So I always buy a new bulb or two. All 7-11's and Family Marts sell the bulbs at very reasonable costs. They're usually sold in a rack right by the front entrance of the store.Some newer Hotels have LED lighting that is quite inadequate, in fact I struck some Hotels off as simply not enough light to work on computer and some time no lights or powerpoints convenient to the room desk location. My apartment has too many downlights, so some are unscrewed to reduce total lighting and bill. The screw in socket looks smaller than back in my home country. Villa Markt, Foodland, Big C, and Tesco Lotus will have bulbs of course but probably not for photographic stuff. Plenty of Photography stores around.

Normal Hotels have mostly changed from Incandescent to Florescent, and in my experience mostly have screw in lights. I don't really recall much bayonet stuff, if any. I agree with others that the diameter probably varies from whatever is standard here to very small.

Asparagus0987
05-05-16, 18:53
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for this request. I will be in Bangkok for the first time over the summer and will be staying at the iSanook Residence Hotel. Its in the Bang Rak, close to Patpong and Rama VI road.

It seems like a new hotel, I was wondering if anyone knew if this was guest friendly? Also, how feasable would it be for travel to / from Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy?

Thanks in advance.

Syzygies
05-06-16, 08:13
Hi all,

I hope this is the right place for this request. I will be in Bangkok for the first time over the summer and will be staying at the iSanook Residence Hotel. Its in the Bang Rak, close to Patpong and Rama VI road.

It seems like a new hotel, I was wondering if anyone knew if this was guest friendly? Also, how feasable would it be for travel to / from Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy?

Thanks in advance.It's not really the best location. I would not stay there by choice myself. However you can get to Soi Cowboy fairly easily. Take a motorcycle 500 metres to Sam Yan Underground rail (MRT) station. Then catch the subway train to Sukhumvit Station. Its about 5 or 6 stops I guess. Short walk to Cowboy from there or 10 min walk to Nana. Can also catch a Motorcycle to various Massage shops or take the Skytrain from there.

If going to Ratchada Soapies, stay on the MRT several more stops.

From Bang Rak its a bit further to get to the skytrain directly, but by motorcycle taxi, no big problem. Late at night, after midnight, simply come home by taxi, since traffic jam will have dropped away.

In general the underground MRT and Skytrain BTS are your friends. Also Google Maps of course. Can be packed in peak hours. Very short distances, walk, intermediate distances, take motorcycle (in bad traffic jams) or back Sois, or taxi in light traffic. It's too hot to take motorcycle for any long distance, right now with cloudless skys getting frequent. In your summer it could rain too.

I did a quick survey of Pat Pong recently and nothing much impressed me. Even recommended bars were nothing special to me, such as Bada Bing.

Asparagus0987
05-06-16, 17:13
It's not really the best location. I would not stay there by choice myself. However you can get to Soi Cowboy fairly easily. Take a motorcycle 500 metres to Sam Yan Underground rail (MRT) station. Then catch the subway train to Sukhumvit Station. Its about 5 or 6 stops I guess. Short walk to Cowboy from there or 10 min walk to Nana. Can also catch a Motorcycle to various Massage shops or take the Skytrain from there.

If going to Ratchada Soapies, stay on the MRT several more stops.

From Bang Rak its a bit further to get to the skytrain directly, but by motorcycle taxi, no big problem. Late at night, after midnight, simply come home by taxi, since traffic jam will have dropped away.

In general the underground MRT and Skytrain BTS are your friends. Also Google Maps of course. Can be packed in peak hours. Very short distances, walk, intermediate distances, take motorcycle (in bad traffic jams) or back Sois, or taxi in light traffic. It's too hot to take motorcycle for any long distance, right now with cloudless skys getting frequent. In your summer it could rain too.

I did a quick survey of Pat Pong recently and nothing much impressed me. Even recommended bars were nothing special to me, such as Bada Bing.Thanks for the advice.

Would you recommend any GF hotels that have better access to Nana / Soi Cowboy that aren't right in the middle of either?

Syzygies
05-07-16, 10:36
Thanks for the advice.

Would you recommend any GF hotels that have better access to Nana / Soi Cowboy that aren't right in the middle of either?Its all been done before. Depends a lot on your budget. My favorite budget Hotel has been Mermaid in recent times. I don't really go cheaper than that. Grand Mecure Asoke soi 19 is next step up in class and Column Hotel for a step higher and fabulous views. Admiral Premier only if they have a bargain price going. All my suggestions are close to intersection of Sukhumvit and Asoke as close to both BTS and MRT and Massage shops and bars.

I should add I currently rent. Haven't used a Hotel for at least a year other than short time Hotels close to the action. I don't take girls home to my rented apartment. I get a proper Hotel if want to keep girl for the night

Chukar
05-08-16, 19:31
Has anyone ever stayed at the Adelphi Suites on Soi 8 ? Good / Bad?

Abb8912
05-09-16, 15:34
Has anyone ever stayed at the Adelphi Suites on Soi 8 ? Good / Bad?Everything fine except.

Very lousy wifi.

Banana Boi
05-09-16, 19:02
Adelphi suites was nice. I got one of the larger rooms. Found most of the square footage was for the washroom. Can't comment on wifi since I have Thai data plan. 2 nice Thai restaurants on soi 8 100 meters from Adelphi. The girls said pretty authentic. Great location. Mrt steps away.

Syzygies
05-10-16, 07:15
I think it's wise to get a SIM card with data plan (for general use except length video), the very least to be able to use Google Maps on Smart Phone. 4 G / LTE is available and good for me. I don't like to be too dependent on a Hotel wifi or LAN cable. They are often shitty.

Goatboy55
05-10-16, 21:15
Hilton were running a promo earlier this year with between 30 and 40% off rate and the end to do this periodically.

Took advantage and booked a suite in the Doubletree at 4 k-ish THB. It's on Soi 26. You could fall out of bed into Snow White, Cherry, EZ, Candy etc or a 2 minute walk through the back of the sister Hilton to Mango, Addict etc.

Emporium is also handy for any guilt-gifts for the wife after you have emptied your balls several times in the vicinity.

Doubletree suite is spacious and the hotel is GF. They send them up even though they need to tap a key card on the lifts (which are small and inadequate). They have a comfy chair that is perfect for fucking in / on. Perhaps they know.

GB55

Robert Long
05-11-16, 01:43
I recently stayed at Double one by aspire or what ever the full name is. The place is above the new steak house and thus fairly new. The rooms are fresh, the bathroom was big and tasteful with frosted glass walls and good lighting. The essential part is to NOT get a room towards soi 11. You will listen to LOUD funky baselines all night from seven until late. It would frankly have been embarrassing to bring anyone to that room so I did not try the guest friendliness. A more quite room would probably be most sufficient for people in this price range.If you like Soi 11, which I do, next time try the Tower at Ambassador. I have stayed there a few times and it was nice. The breakfast is complete and international.

Unless you have a problem with Indians, Pakistani's, and Thais, it is a good adventure.

RL.

Kumbu
05-11-16, 02:15
I can't find any information here on Hotel Icon, which is on soi 2, just down from Majestic Grande. It's going for about $50 per night, which is in the same range as S Sukhumvit Suites. I know the locations are very different, and I'm sure both are girl friendly, but I'm choosing between these two right now. I'm wondering about the hotel itself. There is no review of it here, though reviews on regular booking sites suggest it is fine. Any info would be appreciated.

Brown Rail
05-11-16, 03:54
Thanks for the advice.

Would you recommend any GF hotels that have better access to Nana / Soi Cowboy that aren't right in the middle of either?I am staying at Citypoint, 6/22 Ratchadapisek Rd. (Sukhumvit-Rama 4), Opposite Sukhumvit 16 Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok, TH.

It is a block from Soi Cowboy, the elevated train and underground. Took about 30 minutes to get here from the airport by SRT train (b35) and MAS underground (b16).

It is quite a nice, new 3 start hotel. Good sized rooms, big bed and clean. USD35/ night.

Only complaint so far is that there is only on electrical outlet in the room. It is at the desk and too far from the bed to reach my computer as I lie here.

Wolvenvacht
05-11-16, 07:33
I am staying at Citypoint, 6/22 Ratchadapisek Rd. (Sukhumvit-Rama 4), Opposite Sukhumvit 16 Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok, TH.

It is a block from Soi Cowboy, the elevated train and underground. Took about 30 minutes to get here from the airport by SRT train (b35) and MAS underground (b16).

It is quite a nice, new 3 start hotel. Good sized rooms, big bed and clean. USD35/ night.Yes, I agree that is a nice hotel and totally GF. Conveniently close to Soi Cowboy and only one stop away on the sky-train from Nana. But nicely tucked away in a small soi and other than the discrete shorttime hotel at the corner nothing near to it that would shock your maiden-aunt .

Only complaint so far is that there is only on electrical outlet in the room. It is at the desk and too far from the bed to reach my computer as I lie here.You mean you travel without carrying an extension cord?

Syzygies
05-11-16, 13:30
I am staying at Citypoint, 6/22 Ratchadapisek Rd. (Sukhumvit-Rama 4), Opposite Sukhumvit 16 Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok, TH.

It is quite a nice, new 3 start hotel. Good sized rooms, big bed and clean. USD35/ night.

Only complaint so far is that there is only on electrical outlet in the room. It is at the desk and too far from the bed to reach my computer as I lie here.Near to Sukhumvit, yes, but Rama 4 is not relevant at all (little bit far away).

Eric Cartman
05-11-16, 14:51
Normally stay at the Landmark. Decided to try the Grand Swiss, which is on the other side of Sukhumvit, still 1 block from the Nana BTS entry.

Nice 4-star hotel, rooms are small but well-decorated with a comfortable bed and good fit-out. Best part to separate it from the Landmark is that the rooms have a real bathroom has a real door -- not the sliding door thing they have at the landmark. Makes for a bit more privacy when you have someone else in the room.

Check-in is a little awkward as there are steps up to the elevator (fun with bags) and worse, for club floor, they make you check in above 18th floor which also requires 2 flights of steps (more fun with bags) as the elevator stops on 18.

Definitely girl-friendly (book room for 2). Internet is shitty in my room -- very slow download and worse upload. Between that and the bag hassles, I'll probably go back to the Landmark next time.

Syzygies
05-11-16, 18:58
I am staying at Citypoint, 6/22 Ratchadapisek Rd. (Sukhumvit-Rama 4), Opposite Sukhumvit 16 Klongtoey, Khlong Toei, 10110 Bangkok, Thailand, Bangkok, TH..At last it dawned on me what it means. The section of Ratchadaphisek road that runs between Sukhumvit road and Rama 4 road (even if Rama 4 is a couple of km away).

Ratchadaphisek road goes a very long circuitous route at least half way round Bangkok (including Thonburi side of the river) and may have different names in some sections. So knowing the name is not much use without knowing the district as well.

Wolvenvacht
05-12-16, 06:34
At last it dawned on me what it means. The section of Ratchadaphisek road that runs between Sukhumvit road and Rama 4 road (even if Rama 4 is a couple of km away).

Ratchadaphisek road goes a very long circuitous route at least half way round Bangkok (including Thonburi side of the river) and may have different names in some sections. So knowing the name is not much use without knowing the district as well.The hotel is hidden away in the first small soi, parallel to Sukhumvit Road and South-west of the Asoke crossroads (so diagonally across the crossroad from Soi Cowboy).

Osaka
05-18-16, 08:49
Dear all,

Would like some suggestions for a family friendly hotel around the above area, in the range of 2000 bhat per night / room with breakfast, this is for 3 or 4 rooms. Total people will be 10. I normally stay at Soi 11 either at Grand President or the Hotel Salil but with the family including the in laws in this trip I would like to avoid the area as too many known faces in the area. However the reason I would like to be in the vicinity is the convenience of shopping & I would like to take the family down't Rosabien for dinner on Soi 11 Any other suggestions of the Asoke area close to the transportation will be also appreciated.

Thanks

NamasteParis
05-19-16, 07:06
Dear all,

Would like some suggestions for a family friendly hotel around the above area, in the range of 2000 bhat per night / room with breakfast, this is for 3 or 4 rooms. Total people will be 10. I normally stay at Soi 11 either at Grand President or the Hotel Salil but with the family including the in laws in this trip I would like to avoid the area as too many known faces in the area. However the reason I would like to be in the vicinity is the convenience of shopping & I would like to take the family down't Rosabien for dinner on Soi 11 Any other suggestions of the Asoke area close to the transportation will be also appreciated.

ThanksTry Grand Mercure Asoke Residence. GF, clean, not far from Robinson (5 mn walk), classy and quiet.
Rooms have kitchen, big table to eat, cuttlery, etc... fridge and big washing machine! Also, they have connecting rooms which can be convenient in your case (group).

It's more like a 'residence hotel': they don't have restaurant, but do provide breakfast (buffet or room service).

Anyway, you have Robinson and Terminal 21 malls with tons of restaurants there.

If you are a member of Accor group, you can have great discounts.

http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel-6162-grand-mercure-bangkok-asoke-residence/index.shtml

Syzygies
05-22-16, 08:39
Try Grand Mercure Asoke Residence. GF, clean, not far from Robinson (5 mn walk), classy and quiet.
Rooms have kitchen, big table to eat, cuttlery, etc... fridge and big washing machine! Also, they have connecting rooms which can be convenient in your case (group).

It's more like a 'residence hotel': they don't have restaurant, but do provide breakfast (buffet or room service).

Anyway, you have Robinson and Terminal 21 malls with tons of restaurants there.

If you are a member of Accor group, you can have great discounts.

http://www.accorhotels.com/fr/hotel-6162-grand-mercure-bangkok-asoke-residence/index.shtmlI really like Grand Mercure Asoke residence Soi 19, especially the large suites with kitchenette and washing machine, dining table etc. , when they have a special price going. However I am a bit doubtful as to whether 2000 Baht per room will be possible. You never know. Might be a special discount for multiple rooms.

The breakfast was really good there in the past, even though small breakfast area. Many guests probably don't take BF. I think a typical rate including BF might be at least close to 3000 Baht. Discounts are possible.

BkkMango1
05-25-16, 14:47
Hi,

Has anybody used airbnb apartments as a mongering base? Any problems with joiners? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks.

Breadman
05-25-16, 18:12
Hi,

Has anybody used airbnb apartments as a mongering base? Any problems with joiners? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks.An impossible question to answer since there are hundreds of different properties on offer, different building with different security with different rules. Anyone renting thru Airbnb has to know the risks of getting girls back to the room. All it takes is one security gaurd to ruin your vacation.

Breadman
05-25-16, 18:16
The breakfast was really good there in the past, even though small breakfast area. Many guests probably don't take BF. I think a typical rate including BF might be at least close to 3000 Baht. Discounts are possible.I stayed at the Aspen suites a year back, loved the location of the dining room and the location of the elevator making it very very easy to fill up a plate and then head back to your room to eat in peace or with your lady. Or grab it for later while your girls sleeping. I'd head down for a full breakfast and then fill up another plate for us to share for 'lunch' later when she woke up. Kitchenets had microwaves and a huge fridge along with cutlery.

Syzygies
05-26-16, 11:15
Hi,

Thanks.AirBNB reputation is extremely variable. Risk of showing up and finding your room is not available any longer. I think you need to know the landlord well or at least get places highly recommended by someone you know.

Tomasb
05-27-16, 02:50
I have stayed in many Air BnB residences, both in BKK and round the world. All you have to do is check the House rules for the particular property you are considering renting. It should clearly say whether they have restrictions having guests. In one instance in a Bangkok property I was considering, the renter specifically said the condominium association had a restrictive policy regarding prostitutes etc. But usually there are no issues with most accommodations.

If in doubt, inquire with the renter to make sure the building has a guest policy. Usually, they do not. It's Bangkok, after all.

AirBNB reputation is extremely variable. Risk of showing up and finding your room is not available any longer. I think you need to know the landlord well or at least get places highly recommended by someone you know.

Wolfie2
05-31-16, 16:31
Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about Gulliver's hotel particularly if it is Guest friendly. A couple of years ago I ate in the bar a few times and thought the place was pretty good. The hotel looked nice but I have RTFF and never seen it mentioned except one report that it was a pretty good sports bar with pick-up possibilities. I only saw waitresses who did not appear to be pickup-able. (but then I usually am wrong!

Breadman
06-01-16, 00:33
I have stayed in many Air BnB residences, both in BKK and round the world. All you have to do is check the House rules for the particular property you are considering renting. It should clearly say whether they have restrictions having guests. In one instance in a Bangkok property I was considering, the renter specifically said the condominium association had a restrictive policy regarding prostitutes etc. But usually there are no issues with most accommodations.

If in doubt, inquire with the renter to make sure the building has a guest policy. Usually, they do not. It's Bangkok, after all.What's the pro's and con's of an air bnb vs a regular hotel? My buddy found one he liked that was dirt cheap and had a great pool but it was in Jomptien and the taxi fares alone would have killed the savings. I want location and I can usually find what I want in the $40 usd per day range (total cost). Some even give you free breakfast which adds to the overall savings and they clean your room. Who cleans the sheets in the air bnb room?

Tomasb
06-01-16, 01:47
Your right. I looked into Jomtien too as the rental units with AIR are generally quite a bit less. However, the taxi fares would more than add up to any savings you might have by staying in this area. And later at night, taxis charge even more, not to mention your precious company will want taxi fare afterwards or in the morning. Some may be reluctant to go with you at all.

For the most part, you are on your own for maintaining the apartment during your stay, unless you are staying for a longer period. This cleaning information is specified in their guidelines for each unit being offered.

What's the pro's and con's of an air bnb vs a regular hotel? My buddy found one he liked that was dirt cheap and had a great pool but it was in Jomptien and the taxi fares alone would have killed the savings. I want location and I can usually find what I want in the $40 usd per day range (total cost). Some even give you free breakfast which adds to the overall savings and they clean your room. Who cleans the sheets in the air bnb room?

Christian G
06-01-16, 09:25
Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about Gulliver's hotel particularly if it is Guest friendly. A couple of years ago I ate in the bar a few times and thought the place was pretty good. The hotel looked nice but I have RTFF and never seen it mentioned except one report that it was a pretty good sports bar with pick-up possibilities. I only saw waitresses who did not appear to be pickup-able. (but then I usually am wrong!I think it's probably GF, because the Gulliver Bar It is known as a place where you can find freelancer girls. The best solution is to send an email to the hotel and ask for their guest policy.

Somewhere15
06-01-16, 10:16
Hi guys,

Anyone know anything about Gulliver's hotel particularly if it is Guest friendly. A couple of years ago I ate in the bar a few times and thought the place was pretty good. The hotel looked nice but I have RTFF and never seen it mentioned except one report that it was a pretty good sports bar with pick-up possibilities. I only saw waitresses who did not appear to be pickup-able. (but then I usually am wrong!Some staff from Gulliver's are always willing to treat you also god after closing time. (around 1 AM depending on how busy they have it). But be prepared that you have take them first to BB or Climax to unwind.

Tptp76
06-01-16, 13:36
Hi,

Thanks.I have used airbnb numerous times in BKK and Pattaya and NEVER had a problem. If you pick some place that has multiple good reviews then it should be fine!

Dynolas
06-01-16, 14:20
Has anyone been to this http://fantasticvilla.net/ ?

How is it or is it a scam?

Wolvenvacht
06-01-16, 17:16

How is it or is it a scam?Difficult to say whether it is a scam, but:

* The photos of the girls on that page are stolen from other sites.

* The service offered is really very very expensive.

* "Fantastic Villa Holidays HK Limited" has no other web-presence. A quick google comes up empty.

* The site mentions an address in HongKong and Bangkok, but the website is hosted in Germany. 272 other websites use the same IP-address.

There is not much on that webpage that gives one confidence in the proposed services.

Haven123
06-01-16, 21:23
Difficult to say whether it is a scam, but:

* The photos of the girls on that page are stolen from other sites.

272 other websites use the same IP-address.

There is not much on that webpage that gives one confidence in the proposed services.I would stay the hell away from this site. My guess is that among other things, your credit card info, if you use it with them even for a small charge, could be duplicated or info sold on the dark web for someone else to duplicate in combination with other purchased data about you.

And, even if you don't do that, they might have some sort of phishing software downloaded to your device (without you ever knowing) running and collecting info in the background. And that's probably the best case scenario.

MarkBrown
06-03-16, 12:26
Hi members,

I'll be staying in BKK for a short while, only one week. I have a few "nice" friends (good girls who don't fuck around) who I'll be catching up with. I do however want to get some action at night and be fairly close to it without it being too obvious.

Where is a good area I should be staying which is close to the action but doesn't look like I'm staying there for the sole purpose of whoring?

Thanks forum members. BTW. I used to be a senior member in the forum until I came across some trouble. Tip. Never give away too much detail in terms of girls you've met which may make them easily identifiable to their boyfriends as they may also be on the forum.

NamasteParis
06-03-16, 15:43

How is it or is it a scam?I just receive the answer: you have to pay a reservation deposit of 390 USD.

Stay away!

Dear Sir,
We are providing "Luxury Sex Vacation Packages". In our Private Villas, Phuket, Thailand.

This is All inclusive Package:

3 or 7 nights any day check in.

Airport transfers From / To Phuket International Airport.

Luxury Private Villa + Private Swimming Pool.

Beautiful Girls for your Companion (Full Service).

The Girl of your choice 24 hours a day for the entire time.

The opportunity to change your girl for the following day.

Continental Breakfast supplies in the villa.

We have collection of beautiful Girls from Thailand, Hong Kong, Ukraine (19 - 24 Years old).

All in One Package.

Full Package (All inclusive) Special Price: $390 per night.

Reservation in quick and simple, just let us to now your travel date.

To book your luxury adult vacation package, we need:

1- Full Name, Country.

2- Reservation Deposit: $390.

We will Book your Holiday Package and will send "Welcome Pack" to your email.

This is include Full Album of Girls, you choose your favorite girls. We will will arrange everything for you.

You will pay the balance on arrival.

Please let us to know if you are interested to book your Private Sex Vacation.

Kind regards.

Parneet Kaur.

Christian G
06-03-16, 19:58
Where is a good area I should be staying which is close to the action but doesn't look like I'm staying there for the sole purpose of whoring?I think around Siam BTS Station, could be a good choice.

Syzygies
06-03-16, 20:03
Hi members,

I'll be staying in BKK for a short while, only one week. I have a few "nice" friends (good girls who don't fuck around) who I'll be catching up with. I do however want to get some action at night and be fairly close to it without it being too obvious.

Where is a good area I should be staying which is close to the action but doesn't look like I'm staying there for the sole purpose of whoring?

Thanks forum members. BTW. I used to be a senior member in the forum until I came across some trouble. Tip. Never give away too much detail in terms of girls you've met which may make them easily identifiable to their boyfriends as they may also be on the forum.I would stay at Column Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 16 I think. Close to BTS and MRT. Has a Foodland next door and fabulous views from swimming pool and bar at the top.

In fact I have stayed there. It is impressive.

Kumbu
06-03-16, 20:45
Where is a good area I should be staying which is close to the action but doesn't look like I'm staying there for the sole purpose of whoring?I think you need to stay away from the Nana or Asok BTS stations. If your "nice" friends hear you are staying near those BTS stations, they may automatically assume you are there for. . . Fun. Also, much of this depends on your budget. Below are some recommendations for mid-level places and some higher-end places.

One nearby option is the Centre Point on Wireless road. The plausible deniability it gives you is that it is in the embassy quarter of the city, but it is a short walk (under the freeway overpass) to Nana. A little further afield is Lang Suan, where there are several very proper hotels / serviced apartments, but which are totally GF. I've stayed at Cape House (caters to business clientele, though GF if you book for two people), as well as the Urbana Langsuan (both very good). I also stayed across the street at the Mayfair Marriott Executive Apartments, which is the pick of the bunch, IMHO. It is totally legit, but also totally GF. It has zero walk of shame since you can enter the elevator without having to go by the front desk. And the rooms are excellent.

Even further afield, you could stay at the Hyatt Erawan (who would suspect mongering in the Hyatt?) Or the Grand Centre Point Ratchadamri, both of which are (1) very spiffy and so don't have a whiff of impropriety, (2) very close to the Chit Lom BTS, and (3) a short taxi ride to Nana or Asok. Both are very GF, though in the Centre Point I did have to register my girl.

Going the other direction, if you have the cash, and despite what I said at the beginning of this post, you could stay at the Sheraton near Asok. Very classy, no one assumes you are a monger, though it is very GF. The Centre Point Terminal 21 is the same. Legit, though very near the action. If it were me, though, and I was very concerned with appearances, I would stay somewhere nearer to the Chit Lom BTS station. It's a bit of a drag to monger from there, but very manageable (I've done it in the past).

MarkBrown
06-03-16, 23:16
I think you need to stay away from the Nana or Asok BTS stations. If your "nice" friends hear you are staying near those BTS stations, they may automatically assume you are there for. . . Fun. Also, much of this depends on your budget. Below are some recommendations for mid-level places and some higher-end places.

Thanks for all the tips boys. I'll be scouting around on airbnb as well to see if I can get a studio. Can you think of any downside to this? Only downside / risk I could think of is if the owner is friendly with the lobby staff (if they exist) and they don't like the idea of me bringing friends back. But in saying that, they've really no right to determine who my friends are. I'm just trying to avoid a "situation".

Mark

Kaywhy
06-04-16, 03:00
Hi members,

Thanks forum members. BTW. I used to be a senior member in the forum until I came across some trouble. Tip. Never give away too much detail in terms of girls you've met which may make them easily identifiable to their boyfriends as they may also be on the forum.Unless I need to stay near the river, I pick the Emporium. Good mall, nice rooms, good gym, but bad buffet breakfast. If the company wasn't paying this time, I would have airbnb'd it.

Dynolas
06-04-16, 03:28
Thanks, is theirs anything similar that is legit?

I know in Dominican Republic they do similar and legit, but unsure for Thailand or any other country.

I just receive the answer: you have to pay a reservation deposit of 390 USD.

Stay away!

Dear Sir,
We are providing "Luxury Sex Vacation Packages". In our Private Villas, Phuket, Thailand.

This is All inclusive Package:

3 or 7 nights any day check in.

Airport transfers From / To Phuket International Airport.

Luxury Private Villa + Private Swimming Pool.

Beautiful Girls for your Companion (Full Service)...

Tiny 12
06-04-16, 03:46

Where is a good area I should be staying which is close to the action but doesn't look like I'm staying there for the sole purpose of whoring?Kumbu's giving you the best advice IMHO. While I have not attempted to date good girls in Bangkok, I have had a female friend and business associate who questioned why I always stayed in the Sukhumvit area. I like the area around the Chit Lom BTS station. The Intercontinental Hotel is my favorite. It's very nice, right next to the BTS station, and just two stops away from Nana and three from Asok. And, depending on the traffic, it's not a lot of time to get from there to Nana or Cowboy by taxi. Mixx is in an adjoining building to the Intercontinental. I'm not a particular fan of the club, but many night owls are. The Grand Hyatt Erawan is a great choice too -- almost as good a location as the Intercontinental, and I like Spasso, the club there, a lot better than Mixx. The Four Seasons is another option in the area. I don't like it as well as the Intercontinental or the Grand Hyatt.

Red Kilt
06-04-16, 06:12
I have had a female friend and business associate who questioned why I always stayed in the Sukhumvit area.There's no need to be defensive about it if anyone asks.

I always stay in the Landmark Hotel because it's in the heart of the city. There are plenty of good reasons why I stay there and rarely do they have anything to do with mongering.

For example, it's close to the BTS and that gives easy access to a large swag of malls, other hotels and of course, the whole of the city for sight-seeing and business trips.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else unless I had very specific business dealings with an office that was far removed from Sukhumvit.

Syzygies
06-04-16, 07:18
There's no need to be defensive about it if anyone asks.

I always stay in the Landmark Hotel because it's in the heart of the city. There are plenty of good reasons why I stay there and rarely do they have anything to do with mongering.

For example, it's close to the BTS and that gives easy access to a large swag of malls, other hotels and of course, the whole of the city for sight-seeing and business trips.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else unless I had very specific business dealings with an office that was far removed from Sukhumvit.I agree. Just get it clear in your mind what is your official purpose and stay in convenient location for that. Years ago when not mongering I used tjo stay in Baiyoke Sky in Pratunam, great views, but heavy traffic area hard to go anywhere, not close to BTS.

Even there could walk to Chao Praya 2 Soapy. So mongering is everywhere. Just don't stay in a street with lots of massage parlors or bars. The worst Sois would be 7/1 Soi 4, or Soi 23. Many other Sois have prestigpus Hotels where a high percentage of guests are families or not there for mongering.

Don't stay in an inconvenient place like the Conrad just for psychological perceptions.

ChoduMadan
06-04-16, 08:29

How is it or is it a scam?This seems to be a really questionable website.

AliasDonkey
06-04-16, 10:50
FYI,

Stayed at On 8 Hotel in BKK and was equivalent to staying at Majestic suites.

Room were comparable but if you were lucky corner rooms were larger.

Breakfast was not buffet but sufficient.

Access to BTS sky train right next door.

Room service and staff was above average.

Had a look at a friend's room at the Dawin on soi 4 and will book on next trip.

Overall sufficient hotel for needs and girl friendly though never brought anyone home.

Syzygies
06-04-16, 19:42
Kumbu's giving you the best advice IMHO. While I have not attempted to date good girls in Bangkok, I have had a female friend and business associate who questioned why I always stayed in the Sukhumvit area. I like the area around the Chit Lom BTS station. The Intercontinental Hotel is my favorite. It's very nice, right next to the BTS station, and just two stops away from Nana and three from Asok. And, depending on the traffic, it's not a lot of time to get from there to Nana or Cowboy by taxi. Mixx is in an adjoining building to the Intercontinental. I'm not a particular fan of the club, but many night owls are. The Grand Hyatt Erawan is a great choice too -- almost as good a location as the Intercontinental, and I like Spasso, the club there, a lot better than Mixx. The Four Seasons is another option in the area. I don't like it as well as the Intercontinental or the Grand Hyatt.I have stayed lots of locations. Most of them sucked for one reason or another. Century Park Din Daeng intersection was not too bad. Fx Sathorn was fine for my purpose (near BTS).

Amari Atrium was a horrible location. Taxis only want to go to certain destinations from there. Tried many Hotels in Pratunam (near to ex GF) but getting in an out by taxi is a problem and it is exactly not right at BTS. Lat Prao is shit for traffic. In many locations there is nothing much to do except shopping. Bang Lamphu is a shitty place for hippies young people and pack backers.

Sukhumvit is on the BTS line. That is important at certain times of day. Obviously I don't stay in very family oriented Hotels any more. Close to MRT as well is an advantage. Close to my favorite Sports Pub, Ha Ha. Have no interest to stay near to the top discos. I am too old. Now I live in On Nut (Sukhumvit) as GF wants me to be there. It suits her.

So stay in classy place on Sukhumvit is just fine. I thought Column Hotel was nicer than being on the State Tower.

Nixonbd
06-05-16, 02:49
Just returned to the States from BKK after spending six days at the Dynasty Grande. It's off the beaten path on Soi 6, about a five minute walk to Nana Plaza, and of course, all the Hillary Bars along the way. The hotel has a great staff, it's fairly new and the pool is awesome as well. Also a pretty good room service menu that equals most of the better eating establishments in the area.

Tiny 12
06-05-16, 03:19
Red Kilt, I beg to disagree. Staying at the Landmark or J. W. Marriott telegraphs "I'm really here to fuck wh*res at Nana, not to get business done."

Syzgies, I guess I'm a glass half full kind of guy. I too have stayed at a lot of locations, and they all kicked ass for one reason or another. Except the Mandarin Oriental, that was one bad ass walk of shame past the society matrons of Bangkok. It might have been better if my petite, tattooed date didn't have giant man-made breasts falling out of her tank top.

Red Kilt
06-05-16, 04:02
Red Kilt, I beg to disagree. Staying at the Landmark or J. W. Marriott telegraphs "I'm really here to fuck wh*res at Nana, not to get business done." Obviously you have never stayed at The Landmark Tiny.

I ALWAYS stay there. I NEVER go to Nana. I would say most of the clientele are not Nana patrons either.

Everybody with whom I have interacted at the Landmark Hotel is in Bkk on business or in quite large family groups. It is a genuine 5-star hotel.

In all of my (regular) stays there I cannot recall seeing ANY punter with an obvious Nana girl in tow. Security guys stand guard at the elevators and they actively check would-be guests. It's clearly GF, but outside guests need an I D to get in. In fact, most of the clients having dinner or drinks in the Huntsman Pub on the lower ground floor are usually family groups or guys on their own.

Tiny 12
06-05-16, 05:07
Kilt, Actually, I did not know the Landmark is guest friendly. In the late 1990's, I believe it was not. I'm sure some of the people I've seen professionally in Bangkok would have no idea what type of clientele stays at the Landmark and would assume I picked the place because it's around the corner from Nana. I stayed at the J. W. Marriott, similarly located to Nana, on my first trip to Bangkok because one of the companies I was seeing was located in an office across the street. I loved the hotel, but did not stay there again because I thought the location may have raised eyebrows. Oh yeah, and I DID go to Nana, about every other night. I was like a kid next to a candy store.

Red Kilt
06-05-16, 07:37
Kilt, Actually, I did not know the Landmark is guest friendly. In the late 1990's, I believe it was not. I'm sure some of the people I've seen professionally in Bangkok would have no idea what type of clientele stays at the Landmark and would assume I picked the place because it's around the corner from Nana. I stayed at the J. W. Marriott, similarly located to Nana, on my first trip to Bangkok because one of the companies I was seeing was located in an office across the street. I loved the hotel, but did not stay there again because I thought the location may have raised eyebrows. Oh yeah, and I DID go to Nana, about every other night. I was like a kid next to a candy store.Fair enough if the position close to Nana worries you and raises your friends' eyebrows but in my experience nobody in my circle of friends has ever made any snide remarks to me about staying at the Landmark because "it's close to Nana".

I think we all need to remember that the mongering universe is relatively small. There is a large percentage of people in the world who don't even know that so-called red light districts even exist in cities and have no idea what goes on inside them. Millions of people visit Bkk each year but only a small percentage of them frequent the sites mentioned here on ISG. I recall that when the curfews were brought in many years ago now (under Thaksin) forcing bars to close early tourism figures in Bkk were not affected at all (and in some cases actually increased), so I don't think the bar industry is a major focus of Thailand's tourist income.

I am sure that many guests stay at the Landmark because of its reputation without even knowing what's down the road and around the corner in Soi Nana, and I am sure many of these clients at Landmark remain none the wiser. Obviously the proximity of Nana does not affect the family groups and people with young kids who stay there. It is far enough away to be "out of sight" unless you go searching for it.

BTW. Landmark is guest friendly as I have observed security asking a guest with an obvious party girl in tow to check in her I D at the concierge desk. She was not excluded because of her occupation. I have also observed a number of classy women downstairs in Huntsman Pub sitting alone who are looking for a companion; I have experienced their roving eyes and come hither smiles, but I have never been in a position to check them out. Security has no doubt approved their presence as they seem quite comfortable and "at-home" especially as they are mostly mature and the late-20 to 30s types.

AussieDoug
06-05-16, 12:37
Red Kilt;1889668. Fair enough if the position close to Nana worries you and raises your friends' eyebrows but in my experience nobody in my circle of friends has ever made any snide remarks to me about staying at the Landmark because "it's close to Nana".

The Landmark got it's reputation as a good hotel because it is the first hotel off the expressway from the airport, and easiest to get on the expressway when leaving. That said I have stayed in the Landmark for at least 10 years and never encountered any remarks about it being close to Nana, which of course it must be, Nana is the Landmark property, and one day might be redeveloped. It is friendly hotel, it has gone through some management changes in the last 5 years or so, when Frank left they brought in a Chinese who shooed all the arabs out, he did not last, the now GM seems a bit more switched on and I continue to stay there. I spotted it online for less that USD $100 a night, at that rate it is a bargain.

Syzygies
06-05-16, 14:06
Syzgies, I guess I'm a glass half full kind of guy. I too have stayed at a lot of locations, and they all kicked ass for one reason or another. Except the Mandarin Oriental, that was one bad ass walk of shame past the society matrons of Bangkok. It might have been better if my petite, tattooed date didn't have giant man-made breasts falling out of her tank top.Is that just something trying to be funny or distainful, and should be ignored?

Its Location, Location, Class, Views, Pool, comfort, Price, B/F, and then Location.

I have stayed at some wonderful Hotels. I have written plenty of positive reviews. However I would be warped if I said every hotel was fantastic and in a great location.

Clearly some were not value for money, some had uncomfortable beds, and some were just inconveniently located. Believe me, Amari Atrium is a nice Hotel but its location kills it completely. Very inconvenient for getting to various places.

Tiny 12
06-05-16, 17:50
Is that just something trying to be funny or distainful, and should be ignored?If you're sanctimonious, absolutely.

I only smuggled one woman into the hotel, whose physical appearance was as described, and it was late at night. I told her before our date to dress conservatively and it went in one ear and out the other. Also I told the bellman before I left the hotel that evening I had a date, and asked him if there would be a problem bringing her back if I got lucky. He was entertained by that and told me no, and he'd give reception a heads up.

No problem going in, but she and I got the third degree leaving at about 6:00 AM, which was a problem because I had a flight that morning and not a lot of time to burn. Also they were supposed to give me a free night so I was arguing about that at the same time they were inquisitioning me about the unregistered guest.

The part about walking past society matrons was fiction, but if you walk through the lobby during the daytime there's a good chance you'll run across Thai hi so types. They seem to attract a lot of local business for events and meetings. I would not recommend the Mandarin Oriental if you're going to bring back dates, even though there was no joiner charge.

Gekio
06-06-16, 09:13
The last time I was in Bangkok, I stayed at the JW Marriott. It's an excellent hotel, one of the better JW in my opinion. I will say though, I don't remember seeing anyone walking in with a Nana girl. Is it frowned upon at the JW?

Tiny 12
06-06-16, 15:59
The last time I was in Bangkok, I stayed at the JW Marriott. It's an excellent hotel, one of the better JW in my opinion. I will say though, I don't remember seeing anyone walking in with a Nana girl. Is it frowned upon at the JW?Unless things have changed since I stayed there years ago, no. In fact you had two options, walk in an entrance close to sukhumvit and only pass a security guard. Or go in the main entrance and have your date sign in with the front desk. I remember checking in, then sharing the elevator with an Arab who had two drop dead gorgeous women, one on each arm.

MichaelSamuel
06-07-16, 01:32
Was that way for me as well. You had the option of using the door that took you by reception and could sign in your guest, or go through the other door and straight to elevators. Took girls from Nana and Cowboy back here never a problem.

Unless things have changed since I stayed there years ago, no. In fact you had two options, walk in an entrance close to sukhumvit and only pass a security guard. Or go in the main entrance and have your date sign in with the front desk. I remember checking in, then sharing the elevator with an Arab who had two drop dead gorgeous women, one on each arm.

D Cups
06-10-16, 02:58
Hello, I am staying at Lebua State Tower for a conference in August and then Maxim's Inn off Sukhumvit (I know, I know, opposite ends of the spectrum) but if anyone has stayed at either one I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Christian G
06-10-16, 10:11
and then Maxim's Inn off Sukhumvit .Stay here 4 years ago. Shitty place with claustrophobic rooms and bad breakfast. Wifi and A / see worked good. My room was quiet (this is very important for me).

RjToons
06-10-16, 11:24
I am planning to stay in Chatrium Riverside Hotel next week for some business meetings, any review about it? I will have 1-2 girls from nana or cowboy or escorts, staff creates any problem?

RJ.

Kumbu
06-10-16, 11:35
I am staying here for a few more days, and I can report that this is a super little hotel. It's prime draw is location. It is quite literally right at the entrance to the Asok BTS station, so much so that when I bring girls back, they ask me where the hotel is, and as I approach the main door, I point to the BTS entrance, and I say that I sleep in the BTS. Harhar, very funny. Moreover, the MRT (Sukhumvit station) is in the attached Interchange building, in the basement, so for transportation purposes, this hotel cannot be beat.

It is about 200 paces from Soi Cowboy, so you can pull from there, walk over in less than 5 minutes, and have dick-in-pussy within another 5 minutes, if you so please. It's a short walk to Thermae, and one BTS stop from soi 11, the smut around soi 7, and NEP. It does indeed make it less alluring to go to the stuff around soi 11/ Nana and instead focusing on Soi Cowboy, but that's just part of the deal.

The price is good, usually. For what you get, it is plenty worth it. My room was actually very small, but hey, $60 per night, what do you want? There was no view, but it was quiet. The bathroom is also good enough, but for whatever reason, they only give you one bar of soap, plus a shower gel tube. I wish they did not make me have to ask for a second bar, it's just a pain.

Breakfast is surprisingly good, given its lack of size. There are 6 hot dishes, plus an omelet station. The surprising thing is that the hot dishes are very tasty. They rotate the offerings, and they have things like Mexican beans, spicy rice chicken, Chinese noodles, all delicious. The coffee is actually pretty good, although one morning they served flavored coffee. I wish they didn't do that.

Girl friendly? Obviously. But the thing I like the most about this hotel is its entrance. The doorway is right next to the BTS stairwell; you enter and to the right is the restaurant Indulge, and to the left is an elevator. And just past that is a set of stairs. You can take the elevator or stairs to the 2nd floor, which is where the reception is. So when you arrive with your girl, you enter the elevator unfettered by reception eyes, and go straight to your floor, bypassing the reception entirely. They don't have a doorman past (I think) 9 pm, so you will enter and leave completely unfettered. There is none of that bullshit with sawadee krap with the doorman as he opens the door for you and salutes, as if you are a military officer or something. So those concerned with the walk of shame, this is the place for you. But even those that have no shame, the sheer convenience of not having to deal with the people in reception is fantastic.

So all in all, highly recommended, and would indeed repeat.

NamasteParis
06-11-16, 08:06
Hello, I am staying at Lebua State Tower for a conference in August and then Maxim's Inn off Sukhumvit (I know, I know, opposite ends of the spectrum) but if anyone has stayed at either one I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.When staying at Bangkok, I always make a point to stay at the Lebua at least 2 nights, because it's just an incredible hotel. Service and rooms are great.

Have a diner at the Sirocco, and you'll experience one of the greatest moments in your life.

Lebua is GF, and security is fine (they call you to check if everything OK before giving back the ID to the leaving joiner).

Good news is that it's quite near from many tourism landmarks. Bad news is that it's quite far from night action, especially Sukhumvit.

Allover
06-11-16, 11:32
I have stayed at GP more times than I can count mainly because of its Soi 11 location. I love Soi 11. A one minute walk from Climax and the AMP girls near Villa Market. A few minutes to Nana, Biergarden, Soi 7/1. The GP is getting older for sure but service is good and it has a great breakfast buffet. I got a huge Royal Suite which has a large bedroom and separate living room as well. Kitchen comes with a washer/dryer. I got my room for B1950 including breakfast. For about US $50 a large one bedroom apartment on Soi 11 is a good deal. I would not pay much more than that due to the hotel's aging infrastructure but if you get a good deal, go for it.

Some other thoughts:

S Sukhumvit has a great location next to Soi Cowboy. They have small, ultra modern rooms and larger more plain rooms. I've had both and would probably chose an older, larger room. Kumbu is spot on about the breakfast, small choices but good especially with their omelette station. My problem with S Sukhumvit is that I used to get it for half the price they charge now. It's still a good value due to location.

Lebua State Tower: Darn it I forgot to visit there while in BKK. Been wanting to go to their Sky Bar ever since I watched Hangover. And thank you NamasteParis for recommending Baraquda in Pattaya. It was a great hotel.

BoyToy
06-17-16, 23:21
I am travelling to Bangkok for the first time in the month of July. Did all my research and narrowed down to Four points by Sheraton and Majestic Grand. I am unable to make a choice between the two properties.

The only reason to visit is to have fun with the bar girls and freelances at the hotel.

Please advise.

Kumbu
06-18-16, 01:54
Did all my research and narrowed down to Four points by Sheraton and Majestic Grand. I am unable to make a choice between the two properties.Both excellent choices, I would say, and you won't regret either choice. So I would recommend making a decision based upon the price you can get. But other considerations are what kinds of bar girls and freelancers you want to target.

Majestic Grand will definitely focus you on NEP. I did a run through NEP on Monday night, pulled someone from Rainbow 3 (report is forthcoming), and I can tell you it was magnificent. Reports of the demise of NEP are utterly unfounded. So you will likely spend most of your time there, as opposed so Soi Cowboy, which is fine. Also, the freelancers you pull will likely be from the Nana Hotel parking lot, or nearby on Sukhumvit. Not the best, IMHO, but passable. You could also bring FL from Climax, Mixx, Bangkok Beat, Insomnia, Levels, etc, back to this hotel, though it would be more convenient at the Four Points (you may want to take a taxi, whereas for the Four Points, you could walk from Climax / Levels / BB to the hotel). One thing in favor of the Majestic Grand is their lunchtime buffet: it is simply fantastic, and very reasonable.

Four Points is equidistant to NEP and Soi Cowboy (maybe closer to Soi Cowboy), so you could try both. There isn't really an advantage to this, just if you have several weeks, it might be fun to go back and forth. Also, it is closer and more convenient to Soi 11, which makes the nightclub FLs more accessible. I've never stayed at this hotel, so I can't say what the quality is like, but it's a Four Points, so you kind of know what you are getting.

If it were me, I would pick the Four Points based upon location. I enjoy walking back to the hotel with my ladies. It gives me a chance to build some chemistry, whereas if we are in a taxi, the girls tend to clam up and be very conscious of the taxi driver. Many girls are from Isaan, and many taxi drivers are from Isaan, and so there may sometimes be a weird dynamic there. So the walk is freer, looser, and everyone gets to relax a little before you get to the hotel. But that's just me.

I look forward to reading your field reports, as well as hotel report, later in July then.

Sunlover2
06-18-16, 03:16
I enjoy walking back to the hotel with my ladies. It gives me a chance to build some chemistry, whereas if we are in a taxi, the girls tend to clam up and be very conscious of the taxi driver. Many girls are from Isaan, and many taxi drivers are from Isaan, and so there may sometimes be a weird dynamic there. So the walk is freer, looser, and everyone gets to relax a little before you get to the hotel. But that's just me.My experience has been that Thai ladies generally do not want to take a single step more than they have to. A leisurely 15-20 minute moon lit stroll sounds nice on the surface; but add in the heat, crossing busy streets, uneven and crowded sidewalks, and instant stormy weather (potentially in heels) and it adds up to a net negative for the lady.

The other issue is that for the FL / SW ladies time is money. Unless it is LT she wants to get back to her normal business spot ASAP. Adding 30-40 minutes or so to the process cuts into their availability. That is why ST hotels are so close to entertainment venues.

I remember walking up the Nana BTS steps one time when a man and a woman were coming down the other side. She was struggling in high heels slowing going 1 step at a time, while he was 10 steps ahead of her oblivious to her plight. I was going to help her down a bit but did not want to step on toes. Quite a chivalrous beginning to a romantic encounter I thought.

SL.

Christian G
06-18-16, 07:06
I found a promo rate on booking.com 1. 790 b a night. Vat & Tax included. No breakfast. I booked for 2 nights.

My room was nice and clean, but not too big, 7th floor.

Wifi work good. Quiet soi.

The only problem for me is the a / see which is centralized and you can only control by buttons near the entrance, no remote control, and a bit too noisy but I'm picky about this.

Complimentary water (2 bottles 500 ML), tea and coffee.

GF, they pick ID card and call you in the room when your guest leave.

At the 8th floor they have a small gym, small swiiming pool and massage shop.

Blanquiceleste
06-18-16, 07:25
I remember walking up the Nana BTS steps one time when a man and a woman were coming down the other side. She was struggling in high heels slowing going 1 step at a time, while he was 10 steps ahead of her oblivious to her plight. I was going to help her down a bit but did not want to step on toes. Quite a chivalrous beginning to a romantic encounter I thought.Nothing against people who walk with the lady hand in hard for miles, if need be. But dude who walk 10 paces ahead, oblivious to the plight of their recently met female companion really infuriate me. I always think about asking them "Would you treat your wife or girlfriend back home this way? Would she tolerate it?" But then, How many people can I change? Just one. Myself.

Wolvenvacht
06-18-16, 08:46
Thanks, is theirs anything similar that is legit?

I know in Dominican Republic they do similar and legit, but unsure for Thailand or any other country.There are similar services in Germany (FKK tours) and they even advertise here on ISG. I'm sure those are legit businesses but I cannot imagine why you would need someone to hold your hand to bring you to a perfectly legal FKK Club in Germany. Being on such a tour just screams "Clueless Newbee" to the Romanian sharks in those clubs. If you cannot get laid on your own in a German FKK Club, there is no hope for you anymore.

The same goes for Thailand. USD 50 per day gets you a nice hotel room anywhere in Thailand and USD 100 guarantees you a girl for the whole night. And if you browse this forum and spend a little effort, you'll get the same services for half these prices.

Syzygies
06-18-16, 09:37
There are similar services in Germany (FKK tours) and they even advertise here on ISG. I'm sure those are legit businesses but I cannot imagine why you would need someone to hold your hand to bring you to a perfectly legal FKK Club in Germany. Being on such a tour just screams "Clueless Newbee" to the Romanian sharks in those clubs. If you cannot get laid on your own in a German FKK Club, there is no hope for you anymore.

The same goes for Thailand. USD 50 per day gets you a nice hotel room anywhere in Thailand and USD 100 guarantees you a girl for the whole night. And if you browse this forum and spend a little effort, you'll get the same services for half these prices.I gave up going on regular site seeing tours many years ago. They try to put all customers into the same box about what to see and do. Make my own tour. Same applies to mongering. Each should explore for himself. I agree can be useful to have an experienced wingman to give guidance for newbies, however, the ISG replaces the need for a wingman or tour guide. When I was first in Thailand, I had such a buddy, and no ISG.

For sure, these services advertised are set up to make big money, or maybe to rip off. So cannot be contemplated unless, you have some close buddy who can tell you what the experience with a tour was like. I am sure it is not as good as the publicity.

Doing your own thing with lots of ISG recommended alternatives, is surely the best bet. We merely need to know where to go to find the hot girls. In the modern day its so much easier with Google Maps to help find all places easily. 25 years ago, finding a place by its address was real hard at times. No Google Maps to help.

Wolvenvacht
06-18-16, 11:21
25 years ago, finding a place by its address was real hard at times. No Google Maps to help. I still remember 25 years ago when I first visited New York the guide book said not to stand on a corner and look at your (paper) map as that was just an invitation for shady characters to come out and mug or scam you as the stupid tourist you were.

Nowadays, both maps and scams have moved to the Internet. Same same, but different.

Kaywhy
06-18-16, 14:18
By the way, stayed there last week. I once stayed there a year ago and the food was awful. They must have gotten lots of feedback as the breakfast was greatly improved and service was 4*. Gym has always been a strength and did not disappoint again. If I had to be picky, I dislike the free weight plates, they aren't standard weight and / or size.

BoyToy
06-18-16, 19:02
My experience has been that Thai ladies generally do not want to take a single step more than they have to. A leisurely 15-20 minute moon lit stroll sounds nice on the surface; but add in the heat, crossing busy streets, uneven and crowded sidewalks, and instant stormy weather (potentially in heels) and it adds up to a net negative for the lady.
SL.Thanks Kumbu and Sunlover2 for your feedback.

Four points is what I have in my mind since my target is to pickup freelancers from the higher end of the market. So my primary playground will be the clubs. As you guys pointed out Four point fits the requirement well.

I will file a detailed FR in July.

Cheers.

HotStud251
06-19-16, 13:12
Looking for a little help here.

Any information of a 3 bderoom appartment with pool or mayb other facilities to bring back girls to your room.

And enjoy.

GF hotels can also do.

Both in pattaya and bkk.

Kindly share the knowledge.

Thanks.

NamasteParis
06-20-16, 12:18

Any information of a 3 bderoom appartment with pool or mayb other facilities to bring back girls to your room.

Thanks.BKK: Grand sukhumvit Hotel.

http://www.grandsukhumvithotel.com/sukhumvit-accommodation/apartment-with-3-bedrooms/

Near to Nana.

Managed by Accor group.

I stayed there in April in a 2 bedrooms room, and it was great. Kitchen complete with dining table, big washing machine, etc...

They don't have restaurant, nor bar, but do provide Breakfast though (free for Accor platinum members). Anyway, plenty of restaurants all around.

GF of course.

Allover
06-21-16, 05:34

And enjoy.

GF hotels can also do.

Both in pattaya and bkk.In BKK I know Grand President has 3 bedroom suites. You might check Emporium Suites and some of the Centrepoint properties. In Pattaya check Pinewood and View Talay 6. Not 100% sure about my Pattaya recommendations but they definitely have 2 bedroom suites. Your best bet would be to contact any recommended hotels via email and get information. I would also suggest you inquire about the number of bathrooms in a 3 bedroom suite and the types of beds in each room. My wingman and I have always booked 2 bedroom suites at Grand Prez because they have king beds in both rooms and a toilet and shower in each room. Some 2 and 3 bedroom suites may have small beds in a room which isn't great for mongering.

ThingStick
06-21-16, 09:21
Hmmm, I am trying to bang down details for an upcoming booking. First time to Bangkok.

I just realized a lot of these hotels are non-smoking.

I really would like to smoke in my room.

Where does this leave me? Do many places have an option?

Roger Sideways
06-21-16, 13:58
BKK: Grand sukhumvit Hotel.

http://www.grandsukhumvithotel.com/sukhumvit-accommodation/apartment-with-3-bedrooms/

Near to Nana.

Managed by Accor group.

I stayed there in April in a 2 bedrooms room, and it was great. Kitchen complete with dining table, big washing machine, etc...

They don't have restaurant, nor bar, but do provide Breakfast though (free for Accor platinum members). Anyway, plenty of restaurants all around.

GF of course.They do have a restaurant. And a bar. Fairly expensive by Asian standards but very nice.

I stayed there in April and had no problems finding young playthings nearby or bringing them to my room.

Wolvenvacht
06-21-16, 19:38
Hmmm, I am trying to bang down details for an upcoming booking. First time to Bangkok.

Where does this leave me? Do many places have an option?Last time I stayed at Citadines 23 on Sukhumvit Soi 23 they gave me a "smoker's room", although I booked a non-smoking room. Absolutely horrible, but they changed it at my GF's request and even carried all our luggage themselves to the new room.

So I guess the hotels still have some room reserved for smokers. Just ask.

Paoferr
06-21-16, 20:52
Hello,

I have been reading the whole thread regarding GF hotels which allow girls / don't ask IDs, etc. But to me the most important thing is to be able to enter and exit the hotel without getting noticed by staff, so a side entrance or an independent elevator would be perfect in this regard. From what I read JW Marriott could fit the bill, but it is not entirely clear. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

P

Bircow
06-21-16, 23:05

Where does this leave me? Do many places have an option?Try Dynasty Grande in Soi 6. They can help you.

Robert Long
06-22-16, 02:54
Hello,

I have been reading the whole thread regarding GF hotels which allow girls / don't ask IDs, etc. But to me the most important thing is to be able to enter and exit the hotel without getting noticed by staff, so a side entrance or an independent elevator would be perfect in this regard. From what I read JW Marriott could fit the bill, but it is not entirely clear. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

PAmbassador Tower is safe for coming and going. Although at night there is a security agent on duty to take ID's and copy them. He will call you when she leaves to check that all is well.

RL.

MichaelSamuel
06-22-16, 03:59

Where does this leave me? Do many places have an option?Almost any hotel that has an asian client base is going to have smoking rooms which is most of them. Chinese are some of the last great smokers on the planet.

Red Kilt
06-22-16, 05:47
Hello,

I have been reading the whole thread regarding GF hotels which allow girls / don't ask IDs, etc. But to me the most important thing is to be able to enter and exit the hotel without getting noticed by staff, so a side entrance or an independent elevator would be perfect in this regard. From what I read JW Marriott could fit the bill, but it is not entirely clear. Any suggestion? Maybe you haven't spent much time in SE Asia yet or else you would realize that any hotel that allows you entry without anyone seeing you will be very unsafe as it also allows others to enter unseen. For example, any girl that you bring back can return at another time whether you wish for her to do that or not. So can her "friends". I only ever stay in hotels that have high and visible security.

There are clearly some places that have more discreet entrances than others, but you want to be passing through SOME form of security barrier, even if it is an elevator that allows key access only.

Why are you so worried about staff seeing you anyway? They have seen it all before and are not going to bat an eyelid. I think you are being a bit too sensitive.

NamasteParis
06-22-16, 07:01
They do have a restaurant. And a bar. Oh yes, they do. Sorry, I've made a confusion with Grand Mercure.

I do remember now that when I ordered at the restaurant on the terrace, the waiter asked me if I was eligible for a 30% discount. I said I don't know! So he left for a minute to ask, and I was indeed eligible for it. Don't ask me why. I've never known why, but you can't refuse that!

TimTimGuy
06-22-16, 07:45
*ship* But to me the most important thing is to be able to enter and exit the hotel without getting noticed by staff, so a side entrance or an independent elevator would be perfect in this regard. From what I read JW Marriott could fit the bill, but it is not entirely clear. Any suggestion? PFirst, I agree with Red Kilt -- who cares what the staff thinks? Second, JW Marriott is at ground zero and everyone has seen it all. As someone wrote a (long) while ago, if you tried to bring a baby elephant into the hotel, then you might attract attention. Third, if you want to be super cautious, you can enter the JWM from the shopping mall, accross soi 2, on the 2nd level. You will pass the upstairs bar and go straight to the elevators without ever going through the lobby.

Sunlover2
06-22-16, 08:03
Maybe you haven't spent much time in SE Asia yet or else you would realize that any hotel that allows you entry without anyone seeing you will be very unsafe as it also allows others to enter unseen. For example, any girl that you bring back can return at another time whether you wish for her to do that or not. So can her "friends". I only ever stay in hotels that have high and visible security.

There are clearly some places that have more discreet entrances than others, but you want to be passing through SOME form of security barrier, even if it is an elevator that allows key access only.+1 and really security works for both parties. I can kind of understand trying to avoid the walk of shame across the lobby but experienced punters have gotten over that. A lot of hotels have a security station at the elevator bank where the ladies hand over their ID and collect it when they leave.

At the Nana Hotel for example you can avoid the lobby by going in / out the back way by the EQ nightclub, but there is still the security desk at the lifts.

SL.

FreebieFan
06-22-16, 08:09
First, I agree with Red Kilt -- who cares what the staff thinks? Second, JW Marriott is at ground zero and everyone has seen it all. As someone wrote a (long) while ago, if you tried to bring a baby elephant into the hotel, then you might attract attention. Third, if you want to be super cautious, you can enter the JWM from the shopping mall, accross soi 2, on the 2nd level. You will pass the upstairs bar and go straight to the elevators without ever going through the lobby.Or you could walk through the bake shop, then the all day buffet restaurant and go that way too. But as everyone has said " so what ".

The GM is a great fellow and he has 1000 good stories to tell about the weird and wonderful things guests get up to.

Alex7J
06-22-16, 09:22

And enjoy.

GF hotels can also do.

Both in pattaya and bkk.

Kindly share the knowledge.

Thanks.Depends upon the money you want to burn boss BKK has everything from 30 $ rooms to 1000 $per night super luxe pads.

If you want porn star fun and are ready to pay price of around 300 $ per night Davis corner wing has Ambassador Suite its a 2 bedroom apartment with jacuzzi: sauna: steam room in your living room plus two bedrooms with there separate bathroom with shower and big bath tub: and it has 2 bedrooms on either side so you can book the suite and then 1 or 2 normal rooms at the corner wing and ask the reception for attached rooms to the Ambassodor suite. Kindly double check with there website as they have 1 bedroom with jacuzzi and then 2 bedroom with jacuzzi also names I might be confused but certainly super exclusive and full on party mode.

Secondly they also have villas at the back with 3 or 4 bedrooms with private pool access that is also one great property of the type you want. Its neat clean quite location you can bring as many people as you want in your room no one cares and access is only by key card so you will have to come down to pick your goods or you can accompany them up from reception. It has a Starbucks so man women I called there for a coffee and tea and if I liked her just brought her up simple and easy.

Then there is this Presidential Suite in Vie Hotel by M Gallery it has a 3 bedrooms and the biggest pool inside a room I have seen in my entire life.

BKK has everything you want depends on the money you want to blow.

Cheers.

Kumbu
06-22-16, 09:44
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

PI recently stayed at two hotels that avoid the walk of shame. The Landmark (right next to NEP, very close to the JW Marriott) allows you to by-pass the lobby entirely. The lobby has two floors below it, both accessible directly from the street. You could go into either of these lower floors, go up the back stairs and to the elevators at the side of the lobby. You thereby avoid all the lobby staff and the front door staff. I did this with my gogo girl, and it worked fine. This is a 5 star hotel, excellent quality. I also stayed at S Sukhumvit Suites, right at Asok, where the lobby is on the 2nd floor and the elevator from the ground floor can just by pass the lobby. But this hotel is decidedly not a 5 star hotel, more like 3. 5 stars. I really liked both hotels though.

Also, I've stayed at the Mayfair, Bangkok, Marriott Executive Apartments. The lobby is at the end of a long corridor, and the elevator is well before you get to the lobby. But you do get seen by the doorman. Overall, very good establishment, and very discreet.

I would rate the Landmark as swankiest, followed by the Mayfair Marriott and then S Sukhumvit Suites, though all three were excellent for mongering, IMHO.

Red Kilt
06-22-16, 11:29
The Landmark (right next to NEP, very close to the JW Marriott) allows you to by-pass the lobby entirely. The lobby has two floors below it, both accessible directly from the street. You could go into either of these lower floors, go up the back stairs and to the elevators at the side of the lobby. You thereby avoid all the lobby staff and the front door staff. I did this with my gogo girl, and it worked fine. This is a 5 star hotel, excellent quality. I always use the Landmark too Kumbu and it is my top-rated place to stay but it's not of course, a budget traveller's hotel.

Your suggestion to enter through the basement bars area still requires passing by the plain clothes security guys with the earplugs and the secret service microphones in the cufflinks (LOL) who seem to pop out of nowhere when least expected.

You still also have to negotiate the elevators at the side of the lobby (as you said) which are also patrolled by afore-mentioned plainclothes security guys.

Guys who are trying to avoid being seen are the most conspicuous of all. It's much better to "hide in plain sight" by strolling in full of confidence with nothing to be ashamed of. If the girl that any guy is with is making him feel embarrassed then he probably chose the wrong girl (and certainly the wrong hotel).

Paoferr
06-22-16, 19:00
Thanks guys for your suggestions and advice. All very sensible information.

I have been already to BKK and always stayed at Lebua which had a great side entrance from the residential part, but as I stayed recently they now shut it down (unless you know the code).

I have to stay in a 5 stars hotel in case my wife does check (I will tell her I am on a business trip ehehe). I understand and hear all of you about safety and agree with you. To be able to find a place where you can operate the elevator with a card and entry on a different level than lobby seems the best idea. I have done walks of shame in BKK, KL, HK, Beijing, Hanoi, Phuket and Singapore to speak about SE Asia and always never had a problem. But this time the reason I want to avoid the reception staff is because a new thing I would like to do, let's say a form of cross dressing so I don't like necessarily that people who checked me in in "regular suit" see me in a different perspective. That's the main reason to avoid reception staff, although I am sure that they have seen everything and even thing we can't even imagine. LOL.

Kumbu
06-22-16, 19:57
I always use the Landmark too Kumbu and it is my top-rated place to stay but it's not of course, a budget traveller's hotel.

Your suggestion to enter through the basement bars area still requires passing by the plain clothes security guys with the earplugs and the secret service microphones in the cufflinks (LOL) who seem to pop out of nowhere when least expected.

You still also have to negotiate the elevators at the side of the lobby (as you said) which are also patrolled by afore-mentioned plainclothes security guys.

Guys who are trying to avoid being seen are the most conspicuous of all. It's much better to "hide in plain sight" by strolling in full of confidence with nothing to be ashamed of. If the girl that any guy is with is making him feel embarrassed then he probably chose the wrong girl (and certainly the wrong hotel).I never actually encountered the plain clothes security guys. Perhaps I was too giddy gawking at the lovely on my arm. But in the end, I agree with you that doing this floor-hopping maneuver was more work than it was worth, since the lobby staff don't take IDs, and they hardly bother with anyone. But if you are keen to avoid any attention, which I do understand, then it is *possible* here, although not fool proof, as you say Red Kilt.

Wolvenvacht
06-22-16, 20:08
Guys who are trying to avoid being seen are the most conspicuous of all. It's much better to "hide in plain sight" by strolling in full of confidence with nothing to be ashamed of. If the girl that any guy is with is making him feel embarrassed then he probably chose the wrong girl (and certainly the wrong hotel).Absolutely!

That reminds me of a stay in Singapore in a very modern business hotel which has a busy restaurant at the ground floor so the lobby is very lively with restaurant clients and business (wo) men going to the bars for meetings. In that crowd nobody sees you coming in with your companion-for-the-night.

At that occasion I pulled a sexy Vietnamese girl from Orchard Towers. She wore a skintight mini-dress with only a tiny g-string for underwear (I checked that out during the taxi ride) and no bra.

No real "walk of shame" as nobody took any notice of us . . . until we got into the elevator. Two elder Western couples joined us. The men could not keep their eyes from wandering all over my GF's body and the women's mood darkened second by second. If looks could kill, I'd be dead before we reached my floor. Just looking straight into their eyes while pulling the Viet girl closer to me and smiling, really made my day. When we got out at my floor and before the elevetar door closed completely, I could hear those women start their diatribe against their poor husbands. I'm sure they didn't enjoy any poon that night, whereas I had one of my better experiences with that sexy Viet girl.

So even if you escape the reception desk's attention, you can still be "caught" in the elevator. Hence, looking for a hotel with a discrete side entrance is really a futile exercise.

MarkBrown
06-23-16, 12:58
I've done enough looking around and could see that Airbnb may be too troublesome with all the "house rules". Worried that I'd get a great place but reception would stop me. I'm considering "Park Plaza" on Soi 18. Seems an awesome daytime location for malls etc and close to Asoke station. Right between Nana and Cowboy. Has anybody been there? I've read it's GF as most places are around there.

NewImage
06-24-16, 12:42
I've done enough looking around and could see that Airbnb may be too troublesome with all the "house rules". Worried that I'd get a great place but reception would stop me. I'm considering "Park Plaza" on Soi 18. Seems an awesome daytime location for malls etc and close to Asoke station. Right between Nana and Cowboy. Has anybody been there? I've read it's GF as most places are around there.Great hotel. Clean, quiet, good staff, good food, close to Terminal 21, close to Cowboy, Nana a bit of a walk or quick skytrain.

Def GF. Beside distance to Nana -couldn't fault it.

MarkBrown
06-24-16, 13:55
Great hotel. Clean, quiet, good staff, good food, close to Terminal 21, close to Cowboy, Nana a bit of a walk or quick skytrain.

Def GF. Beside distance to Nana -couldn't fault it.Great. I'm trying not to be obvious with regards to my activities. It seems a great daytime location too.

Thanks for the confirmation.

ThingStick
06-24-16, 14:55
As for a follow-up on my smoking question:

I e-mailed three hotels. Landmark, Dynasty Grande replied immediately and said they can book me one upon request. DG actually is much, much cheaper if you book on their website.

Will be skipping Expedia for hotels this round.

Cheers.

BionicMan
06-24-16, 19:19
Absolutely!

That reminds me of a stay in Singapore in a very modern business hotel which has a busy restaurant at the ground floor so the lobby is very lively with restaurant clients and business (wo) men going to the bars for meetings. In that crowd nobody sees you coming in with your companion-for-the-night
No real "walk of shame" as nobody took any notice of us . . . until we got into the elevator. Two elder Western couples joined us.When we got out at my floor and before the elevetar door closed completely, I could hear those women start their diatribe against their poor husbands. I'm sure they didn't enjoy any poon that night, whereas I had one of my better experiences with that sexy Viet girl.

So even if you escape the reception desk's attention, you can still be "caught" in the elevator. Hence, looking for a hotel with a discrete side entrance is really a futile exercise.I would not care, honestly.

Blanquiceleste
06-25-16, 03:20
I always use the Landmark too Kumbu and it is my top-rated place to stay but it's not of course, a budget traveller's hotel.

Guys who are trying to avoid being seen are the most conspicuous of all. It's much better to "hide in plain sight" by strolling in full of confidence with nothing to be ashamed of. If the girl that any guy is with is making him feel embarrassed then he probably chose the wrong girl (and certainly the wrong hotel).I have always wondered why "the walk of shame" is such a big deal? Specially in a city like BKK or PYX. I am attending to my needs and I give a rat's ass to what people might think about me. I am not going to see these people over Thanksgiving Dinner anytime soon.

I once met this very interesting chap from Australia over breakfast at the LE Meridian who went into a full 30 minute discourse on how to avoid the walk of shame. I patiently listened to him and then offered my two cents. Wear a bag over your head. I don't think he was impressed.

Wolvenvacht
06-25-16, 08:23
I have always wondered why "the walk of shame" is such a big deal? Specially in a city like BKK or PYX. I am attending to my needs and I give a rat's ass to what people might think about me. I am not going to see these people over Thanksgiving Dinner anytime soon.

I once met this very interesting chap from Australia over breakfast at the LE Meridian who went into a full 30 minute discourse on how to avoid the walk of shame. I patiently listened to him and then offered my two cents. Wear a bag over your head. I don't think he was impressed.There are really no limits for people to make their life complicated for no reason.

Member #4698
06-25-16, 14:27
There is no walk of shame in my mind because I am comfortable playing the game and see nothing wrong with it and because I select attractive good looking girls that I am very happy to be seen with anywhere. In fact I frequently take them out for dinner after we shag and occasionally I invite them over to my hotel for an afternoon pool, shag, late lunch rendezvous. I will also offer them breakfast when they spend the night. I suppose if I was with a fugly it might be different, but why would I be with a girl I find unattractive?

I did experience a walk of shame one time. I will never forget that funny feeling. It occurred on my first night in AC on my first night in the PI a number of years ago. I arrived in town around midnight and I immediately went out to the bars after I checked into my hotel. I messed up right away by wasting time on a cherry girl and then later I misread a few signals and had trouble adjusting to the slight differences of come on from AC bar girls versus my usual Thai bar girls. Anyway, after striking out at 3 or 4 bars and as the night began to wane, I noticed that the selection was diminishing, so I decided to call off the hunt and try again the next night after a good night's sleep. I can still recall that uncomfortable feeling I had as the smiling hotel doorman opened the front door of the ABC Hotel, wished me a goodnight, and I walked into the lobby ALONE and empty handed. Of course it was all in my head, but Oh the shame of it all! 555.

Blanquiceleste
06-25-16, 16:02
Of course it was all in my head, but Oh the shame of it all! 555.EPIC! I can imagine the shame in walking back to the elevators in full display without a lass (or two) on your arm particularly in AC or Pattaya. I can even imagine the doorman, concierge, bell boy and receptionist rolling over in laughter as soon as the elevator doors close with you inside it. Oh, the horror of it all. 5555.

Kumbu
06-25-16, 23:27
Guys, I also tire of all the discussion of the walk of shame, specifically, the dismissal of mongers who have this shame. Some of us are able to brush off vestiges of shame from western society very easily, but others are not. We are brainwashed from childhood that sex is shameful, that a man who pursues this natural act is somehow denigrating women, or is exploiting them, etc. And so it is hard for a man to just stop thinking this, even if they consciously understand what a load of shit it is. I used to be concerned about the walk of shame, but slowly I have come to realize that it is 100% inside my own head, and I now think nothing of it. I actually still prefer to walk into a hotel with no ID check, since I see that as a cold and unnecessary intervention in the process. So I always look for places that allow me to just walk in, unbothered. Some say that they like the ID check because of security, but I've never had an issue, and so continue to look for hotels that don't have the ID check. For me, therefore, 'walk of shame' is shorthand for the idea that my girl won't be asked for her ID. It has nothing to do with shame, and more to do with expedience.

But putting aside my use of the term, I don't see this as a point of ridicule. I'd rather help these guys (that is, those who do feel genuine shame) find a place that they are comfortable with than to continually lecture and mock them about how they should be different.

I'm sure I am not earning any friends by saying this, but I feel ISG should be less about judging and more about providing information.

Member #4591
06-26-16, 04:57
Found a great hotel for LT or shirt time encounters. A little off the beaten path but seems great.

http://www.xit.co.th

They have rooms with indoor pools and I'm sure all the rich Thais take their Kiks there. I will be using it for my high end encounter. The damage is 2-4 K depending on a 2 hour stay or an overnight.

Wolvenvacht
06-26-16, 08:30
But putting aside my use of the term, I don't see this as a point of ridicule. I'd rather help these guys (that is, those who do feel genuine shame) find a place that they are comfortable with than to continually lecture and mock them about how they should be different.That's exactly what we are trying to do. By exposing how this "walk of shame" is all in their heads only, we liberate their minds and improve their experience.

Isn't that what Buddhism is all about? Increase the level of happiness overall and teach people that nothing is absolute or constant and thus not a rat's ass worth to get upset about?

Sunlover2
06-26-16, 09:36
I'm sure I am not earning any friends by saying this, but I feel ISG should be less about judging and more about providing information.I don't think people are being judged or ridiculed about the walk of shame; it is just that sometimes a blunt snap out of it is in order. If you are on business and have colleagues staying at the same hotel ok I can see it. Just slip out to an oily, or take the lady to a short time hotel.

As for security: think past your own navel for a moment. Security also works in her favor. The lady might be in good hands with you (which she might not know in advance) but she might have had a bad experience in the past with a psycho customer. Denying her that option is IMO kind of selfish. Just because you have never had a problem does not mean she has never had a problem. And exactly how does it make her more comfortable and the experience more meaningful?

Consider this information; bluntly provided.

SL.

Kaywhy
06-26-16, 11:02
I don't think people are being judged or ridiculed about the walk of shame; it is just that sometimes a blunt snap out of it is in order. If you are on business and have colleagues staying at the same hotel ok I can see it. Just slip out to an oily, or take the lady to a short time hotel.

As for security: think past your own navel for a moment. Security also works in her favor. The lady might be in good hands with you (which she might not know in advance) but she might have had a bad experience in the past with a psycho customer. Denying her that option is IMO kind of selfish. Just because you have never had a problem does not mean she has never had a problem. And exactly how does it make her more comfortable and the experience more meaningful?

SL.To me, the only walk of shame per se is if you are silly enough to bring a girl back to a hotel that your colleagues are also staying. Maybe it's not silly but stupid. Only time I have gotten caught is when I was staying at the Remington in Manila as I had an early flight the following day and a friend of mine saw my date with me at the casino. Oh well, can't avoid everything.

People don't care, but if you're 70 with a 20 year old, might look odd.

Wolvenvacht
06-26-16, 19:59
To me, the only walk of shame per se is if you are silly enough to bring a girl back to a hotel that your colleagues are also staying. Maybe it's not silly but stupid.Most (big) business hotels take care never to put people who check in at the same time in rooms close to each other. Usually you are even on different floors. Chances your colleagues catch you in the act of bringing in your lovely, are very low.

I've been spending my vacations the last 6 years always in South East Asia. Do you really think my colleagues assume I go there only to admire the temple architecture?

Kumbu
06-27-16, 19:41
I don't think people are being judged or ridiculed about the walk of shame; it is just that sometimes a blunt snap out of it is in order. If you are on business and have colleagues staying at the same hotel ok I can see it. Just slip out to an oily, or take the lady to a short time hotel.

SL.Thanks for the dull axe of information 😀.

Your criticism of my navel gazing is perfectly appropriate, and I have no quarrels about it. I do doubt very much that most girls consider ID checks to be for their benefit (some might, but I doubt that's more than a handful), but that is besides the point. My problem is with the following kind of interaction that happens over and over again:

Original Poster: Can someone recommend a hotel with minimal or no walk of shame?

Response: You must not feel shame!

That's exactly what we are trying to do. By exposing how this "walk of shame" is all in their heads only, we liberate their minds and improve their experience.

Isn't that what Buddhism is all about? Increase the level of happiness overall and teach people that nothing is absolute or constant and thus not a rat's ass worth to get upset about?Fair enough Wolvenvacht, I think this is valid. But we can't expect people to change their attitudes overnight. And so my point is that it would be better if in addition to providing your advice to "liberate their minds", an explanation of this is provided, as well as the information that was actually requested. So something like this:

Original Poster: Can someone recommend a hotel with minimal or no walk of shame?

Response: You must not feel shame! Shame is a western construct designed to repress male sexuality. In Thailand people really don't view sex as a shameful act, and so no one will be judging you. Nonetheless, if you still feel conscious about walking through a crowded lobby with a scantily clad woman on your arm, then here are some hotels that might fit the bill: hotel 1, hotel 2, hotel 3.

And to be fair, this does happen sometimes. But the former kind of interaction is certainly more common, and it does not strike me as particularly helpful.

Wolvenvacht
06-27-16, 20:00
Fair enough Wolvenvacht, I think this is valid. But we can't expect people to change their attitudes overnight.I'm in no hurry. It is up to the reader to do what he wants with this advice.

And so my point is that it would be better if in addition to providing your advice to "liberate their minds", an explanation of this is provided, as well as the information that was actually requested. As I don't experience a walk of shame, I cannot give directly relevant info, so I give "second best" advice.

Robert Long
06-28-16, 19:33
Thanks for the dull axe of information 😀.

Your criticism of my navel gazing is perfectly appropriate, and I have no quarrels about it. I do doubt very much that most girls consider ID checks to be for their benefit (some might, but I doubt that's more than a handful), but that is besides the point. My problem is with the following kind of interaction that happens over and over again:

Response: You must not feel shame!
Response: You must not feel shame! Shame is a western construct designed to repress male sexuality. In Thailand people really don't view sex as a shameful act, and so no one will be judging you. Nonetheless, if you still feel conscious about walking through a crowded lobby with a scantily clad woman on your arm, then here are some hotels that might fit the bill: hotel 1, hotel 2, hotel 3.

And to be fair, this does happen sometimes. But the former kind of interaction is certainly more common, and it does not strike me as particularly helpful.If you walk into any place, Hotel, Café, Resto, and you have a knock out lady on your arm and she is dressed to kill, short skirt, high heels etc. Your going to get looks.

This is a walk of pride not shame.

My GF is from the south and we meet in BKK for a few days and I never get strange looks. She is beautiful with long hair and a great smile. She dresses conservatively and looks more like a tourist. Where ever we go we get smiles and treated with respect. She is with the Ministry of Education and emits self confidence.

Agree with Kumba, The walk of pride not shame.

RL.

Travel Lucid
07-01-16, 11:24
Good hotel. Stayed here twice this year. Modern with nice rooms and convenient to almost everything. There is in room massage, legit but good. Also late late night massage, just be discreet, the night porter will arrange. To my mind, much much better than sister hotel chain Raddison Blu close by, which is a higher star rating.

TL.

I've done enough looking around and could see that Airbnb may be too troublesome with all the I"house rules". Worried that I'd get a great place but reception would stop me. I'm considering "Park Plaza" on Soi 18. Seems an awesome daytime location for malls etc and close to Asoke station. Right between Nana and Cowboy. Has anybody been there? I've read it's GF as most places are around there.

Jayylf
07-09-16, 08:33
I am thinking of staying at Loft at Sukhumvit. I could do Sheraton as well. Are these girl-friendly?

Christian G
07-09-16, 15:35
I saw an offer for this hotel. Deluxe room 40 mq incl. Breakfast and tax only 1. 540 b.

Any advise about the hotel and the room?

Harry Dude
07-11-16, 08:09
I am thinking of staying at Loft at Sukhumvit. I could do Sheraton as well. Are these girl-friendly?Yes to both.

Wandere
07-11-16, 08:51
I saw an offer for this hotel. Deluxe room 40 mq incl. Breakfast and tax only 1. 540 b.

Any advise about the hotel and the room?The room is OK, though a bit old, but size and facility wise is not bad.

Breakfast used to be much better, it is tolerable, nothing great.

Cheers.

Red Kilt
07-11-16, 13:38
So many posts here from guys declaring that all hotels in Bangkok are girl friendly, yet we still get the regular requests questioning whether Hotel X or Hotel Y is girl friendly.

My experience says that all hotels are gf, but I don't visit Bkk that often any more.

Can any of the hard core Bangkok residents or anybody else declare the names of those hotels that are NOT girl friendly so that once and for all this question can be answered.

Manfield04
07-11-16, 17:19
I stayed there a couple of years ago. The rooms were a little worn out. I even had to change my room as the door lock was broken.

I saw an offer for this hotel. Deluxe room 40 mq incl. Breakfast and tax only 1. 540 b. Any advise about the hotel and the room?

Mumbai Guy
07-11-16, 18:03
I am thinking of staying at Loft at Sukhumvit. I could do Sheraton as well. Are these girl-friendly?All hotels in lower and upper sukhumvit are girl friendly provided you have booked for double occupancy. Some hotels like Phachara suits allow one guest free per day. A second guest brought in on the same day will be charged. But most of the hotels don't bother even if you bring more than one girl but not together. They may charge for extra person if you bring two girls together.

The best way to confirm is to write a mail to them asking them about their guest policy.

Member #4698
07-11-16, 18:25
The following is a list of hotels that I know personally are Guest Friendly (no added fees) for 2 or more girls at the same time. I am sure there are many more.

Admiral Premiere.
Fraser Suites Sukhumvit.
Grande Center Point T21.
Centre Point Sukhumvit 10.
Grand Mercure Asoke Residence
Intercontinental
Marriott Thonglor Exec Apartments.
Marriott Park Exec Apartments.
Radisson Suite.
Radisson Blu.
Renaisance.
Westin.

Always book for two persons.

Johnny Beme
07-12-16, 23:58
What are people's preferred guest friendly hotels within walking distance (5 to 10 minutes) of Nana BTS Station?

Thanks.

MichaelSamuel
07-13-16, 01:56
What are people's preferred guest friendly hotels within walking distance (5 to 10 minutes) of Nana BTS Station?

Thanks.Grand Centre Point T21. <5 Min to Cowboy. 15-20 walk to Nana Plaza. 10 Min to Nana BTS. 2 min to all the easy food and shopping in T21.8 min to health land asoke which does great regular massage. 10 min to the soi 24 massage shops via BTS. And 1 min to both BTS and MRT.

Eric Swiss
07-13-16, 08:45

Thanks.I recommend the Ruamchitt Hotel. It is exactly halfway between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, so you can do either. Or both. It also has a bar called Thermae which is jam-packed with freelancers. The Ruamchitt Hotel is also close to Climax, which is a really nice late-night disco and hordes of freelancers, some of which even have a day job (And it is close to Bangkok Beat, which is an early-night bar with live music with freelancers. So many options, so little time!

It's about 1200 to 1600 Baht for the rooms depending on size and decoration. It is so big that there is always availability. Given Thermae, it's as girl-friendly as it gets. The girl just has to leave her ID card for your security and she takes it back from the reception on the way out. Girls don't mind that, because it's costless and it is also for their security.

For anonymity, you can pay cash. They don't even require a passport, a foreign ID card is sufficient. And if you want complete anonymity, how hard is it to get one of those? The front desk don't care where it comes from.

Oh, and one more thing, unlike Grand Centre Point (which is, admittedly, more beautiful), they don't charge twice as much when you walk-in to pay cash as when you book on the internet with a credit card: at Ruamchitt it's the same price. You're not here to feel screwed, you're here to do the screwing.

Sunlover2
07-13-16, 09:23

Thanks.There are 100's of hotels that fit your basic location criteria, and over 99% or them are guest friendly. What is your price range? Are there any must have amenities like a pool or workout facilities?

For a cross section try: Landmark, Nana Hotel, Majestic Suites, Majestic Grande, JW Marriott.

SL.

Red Kilt
07-13-16, 10:35

Thanks.A question like this is too vague Johnny.

You have already received several helpful replies but you should indicate in your question what is your price range.

Landmark is my choice and suggestion but it's 5-star and you pay for it. I wouldn't be caught dead in some of the places other guys recommend and like, so you have to assist guys wanting to to help you by being more explicit.

A quick check on any of the sites like Agoda, Bookings or Hotels.com will show you a map with 100's of hotels and you can narrow them down by price.

Edit. I just saw Sunlover's post which must have gone up just before mine. Sorry to repeat what he said albeit in a slightly different way.

Mumbai Guy
07-15-16, 17:07
Planning to book Salil hotel on soi-11 for my coming trip as I am getting a good offer on their superior room for around 45 USD / Night inclusive of breakfast. Has anyone stayed there? How is the ambience and the room quality, wifi etc. I know for certain the hotel is girl friendly and there is no joiner fee, also it doesn't have a pool but how is the hotel experience otherwise?

Christian G
07-15-16, 18:49
Planning to book Salil hotel on soi-11 for my coming trip as I am getting a good offer on their superior room for around 45 USD / Night inclusive of breakfast. Has anyone stayed there? How is the ambience and the room quality, wifi etc. I know for certain the hotel is girl friendly and there is no joiner fee, also it doesn't have a pool but how is the hotel experience otherwise?I been there twice, in 2014 and 2015. Nice new room, a bit small. Wifi worked good. Quiet. Good breakfast buffet. Staff a bit too apprehensive and always try to upsell some extra or service. GF you can have 2 guest for 3some without extra fee. Avoid their transfer service.

Johnny Beme
07-16-16, 03:02
A question like this is too vague Johnny.

You have already received several helpful replies but you should indicate in your question what is your price range.

Landmark is my choice and suggestion but it's 5-star and you pay for it. I wouldn't be caught dead in some of the places other guys recommend and like, so you have to assist guys wanting to to help you by being more explicit.

A quick check on any of the sites like Agoda, Bookings or Hotels.com will show you a map with 100's of hotels and you can narrow them down by price.

Edit. I just saw Sunlover's post which must have gone up just before mine. Sorry to repeat what he said albeit in a slightly different way.Hi Red Kilt,

I figure around 50 to 100 CAD a night should cover a decent hotel. I've stayed in rat nests before on the Reeperbahn, but looking for something a little nicer and close to transit. Nothing fancy, but simple, clean, and good A/C.

Thanks everyone for all your help I will be investigating all the hotels you have mentioned.

Mumbai Guy
07-16-16, 05:56
I been there twice, in 2014 and 2015. Nice new room, a bit small. Wifi worked good. Quiet. Good breakfast buffet. Staff a bit too apprehensive and always try to upsell some extra or service. GF you can have 2 guest for 3some without extra fee. Avoid their transfer service.Thanks a lot CG for sharing your experience. I shall confirm my booking at Salil. Earlier I used to stay at Grand Swiss, which is also a good hotel but has now become a little pricey at 110 USD / Night so thought of looking for a more VFM hotel.

Osaka
07-16-16, 13:21
Has anyone stayed at this place? Its on Soi 11, between the under renovation steak house & Grand Swiss.

Is it Girl friendly? How are the rooms and amenities like?

Osaka.

Mumbai Guy
07-17-16, 06:33
Has anyone stayed at this place? Its on Soi 11, between the under renovation steak house & Grand Swiss.

Is it Girl friendly? How are the rooms and amenities like?

Osaka.A friend of mine had stayed there last year. The hotel is ok, just basic things. No breakfast, no pool, a small reception area. The rooms are very small and some don't have a window. It is girl friendly.

Justemp
07-17-16, 15:21
I plan to visit Bangkok in few month. Its bee almost 5 years since I've been there. I still can remember which hotel I stayed and area that were good to stay in Bangkok but I assume lot has changed since then. One thing I can't remember is taxi's. Is there hotel in Bangkok that taxi's line up front of hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Allover
07-18-16, 02:00
I plan to visit Bangkok in few month. Its bee almost 5 years since I've been there. I still can remember which hotel I stayed and area that were good to stay in Bangkok but I assume lot has changed since then. One thing I can't remember is taxi's. Is there hotel in Bangkok that taxi's line up front of hotel?

Thanks in advance.Taxis line up in front of most big hotels if there is room to park. Most regular visitors will tell you to never take a taxi parked in front of a hotel because they are ripoffs and will not use their meter. At Grand President for example, the lazy taxi drivers sitting in front of the hotel approach you every time you walk outside the hotel. If you name a destination they will quote a price. You will always pay more negotiating a fare than using a meter. You will always lose money so never negotiate. It will always be cheaper to wave down a moving taxi driving down the street (even right in front of the bad taxis) since almost all of them will use a meter rather than bargain with you. And don't ever use a tuk tuk.

They are some exceptions. High end hotels like Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit will have a doorman open the door for you and tell the driver where you are going. Ask the doorman to ensure that the driver uses the meter. At that hotel the doorman will even record the number of the taxi in a log in case there is a problem.

I am curious. Which hotel and area do you like to stay in?

Justemp
07-18-16, 02:58
Taxis line up in front of most big hotels if there is room to park. Most regular visitors will tell you to never take a taxi parked in front of a hotel because they are ripoffs and will not use their meter. At Grand President for example, the lazy taxi drivers sitting in front of the hotel approach you every time you walk outside the hotel. If you name a destination they will quote a price. You will always pay more negotiating a fare than using a meter. You will always lose money so never negotiate. It will always be cheaper to wave down a moving taxi driving down the street (even right in front of the bad taxis) since almost all of them will use a meter rather than bargain with you. And don't ever use a tuk tuk.

They are some exceptions. High end hotels like Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit will have a doorman open the door for you and tell the driver where you are going. Ask the doorman to ensure that the driver uses the meter. At that hotel the doorman will even record the number of the taxi in a log in case there is a problem.

I am curious. Which hotel and area do you like to stay in?Thanks for the info and your exactly right about meter. I plan to use taxi when I leave for airport. I understand the taxi around the hotel will not use meter and try to negotiate but most of time when I took taxi to airport I really didn't wanted to argue since its my last day and paid around 300 baht to 500 baht if I remember correctly. Of course in city I usually took sky train. This time I my luggage will be big and I do not want to catch the taxi down in the middle of street, so I thought it would be less hassle if there is hotel that taxi parked in front. Back then I usually stayed in majestic suite, or grand, and one time, I think it was called dawn hotel or something which was dynasty hotel chain group because it was new but little far walk from Nana.

I can't remember if landmark hotel had area for taxi. All I remember is there was coffee or cafe area out on the front of the hotel. Again thanks for the info.

Red Kilt
07-18-16, 04:39
I can't remember if landmark hotel had area for taxi. All I remember is there was coffee or cafe area out on the front of the hotel. Again thanks for the info.The taxis come into Landmark off Sukhumvit and park inn front of the steps in a turning circle.

Just tell the doorman you need a taxi and one will swing on off Sukhumvit within 2 minutes.

I have never had any hassles with taxis from there. Last time the cabbie asked if meter or a fixed price and he quoted a figure (including all tolls).

I cannot remember the gross price but I do remember his total quote was only 20 baht over what I had paid coming in from airport so I said OK.

NamasteParis
07-18-16, 08:43
At that hotel the doorman will even record the number of the taxi in a log in case there is a problem.At the LEBUA hotel, the doorman even writes down the taxi plate number on a visit card, and then give it to you before you go.

Bun Biter
07-18-16, 18:45
Hi guys. I'm planning a trip to BKK in early Oct. Can anyone recommend a girl friendly hotel with good broadband internet in Suk soi 11 or close by? Preferably not to far down Soi 11 as I'd like to stay close to the BTS.

Peace.

Mumbai Guy
07-18-16, 18:51
Hi guys. I'm planning a trip to BKK in early Oct. Can anyone recommend a girl friendly hotel with good broadband internet in Suk soi 11 or close by? Preferably not to far down Soi 11 as I'd like to stay close to the BTS.

Peace.I can recommend Grand Swiss. It is just a couple of minutes walk from Nana BTS and a good hotel. The broadband internet is very good. I have stayed there on several occasions and never had a problem with internet.

HotStud251
07-26-16, 08:27
HI there.

Any suggestions for 4 star GF hotel in bkk.

With no joiners fees.

Preference near BTS.

Range 60-70 usd.

Thanks.

Justemp
07-26-16, 12:48
HI there.

Any suggestions for 4 star GF hotel in bkk.

With no joiners fees.

Preference near BTS.

Range 60-70 usd.

Thanks.This information is all in the forum if you back track few pages.

Unless its information that is hard to find or rarely asked, I would like to add RTFF.

PerkinWarbeck
07-26-16, 19:26
I've been watching the airport+hotel packages these past few months. The price of a 5 star hotel+airfare (2 weeks) has dropped from $4.2 k to around 3700 now. Anyone know how much further it will go and if I can afford to wait much longer?

Thanks.

Wolvenvacht
07-27-16, 07:11
I've been watching the airport+hotel packages these past few months. The price of a 5 star hotel+airfare (2 weeks) has dropped from $4.2 k to around 3700 now. Anyone know how much further it will go and if I can afford to wait much longer?

Thanks.And where may you be hailing from? If you fly from Europe, it seems quite expensive.

FunExplorer
07-27-16, 07:22

Thanks.It would be cheaper to buy ticket separately and making hotel booking yourself. $4200 for package is rather expensive for Bangkok.

PerkinWarbeck
07-27-16, 12:01
And where may you be hailing from? If you fly from Europe, it seems quite expensive.No. From the United States.

PerkinWarbeck
07-27-16, 15:05
It would be cheaper to buy ticket separately and making hotel booking yourself. $4200 for package is rather expensive for Bangkok.I thought that as well, but booking directly through the hotel website quotes me a rate for 16 days for 2652 USD. Booking through the Expedia app for example is only quoting me $2100 for the same hotel and room.

Wolvenvacht
07-27-16, 18:37
I thought that as well, but booking directly through the hotel website quotes me a rate for 16 days for 2652 USD. Booking through the Expedia app for example is only quoting me $2100 for the same hotel and room.Yes, there are big differences in prices for the same room, depending on how you book it.

I usually check http://www.booking.com. Their quotes are "all inclusive" and you don't have to pay up-front. Other sites, such as http://www.agoda.com, may seem cheaper at first glance but they don't include the 17% local taxes. Caveat emptor!

Member #4698
07-27-16, 19:17
Yes, there are big differences in prices for the same room, depending on how you book it.

I usually check http://www.booking.com. Their quotes are "all inclusive" and you don't have to pay up-front. Other sites, such as http://www.agoda.com, may seem cheaper at first glance but they don't include the 17% local taxes. Caveat emptor!W, you have to careful with bookingdotcom too. Not all their quotes are "all inclusive" or pay later.

Here is what I do: I keep a spread sheet of viable Hotels I wouldn't mind staying at. I group these hotels by destination. The relevant data points are room type, lowest price before taxes, and usually the website that offered the lowest price. Over time this list has grown into a sizable and very reliable database. All I have to do before a trip is refer to my list and compare it to the current offerings on the various travel sites to see if there are any good deals. I don't mind spending freely on my girls, but I kind of like spending as little as possible for my accommodations within a certain quality and location standard. So check out my partial BKK list and ALWAYS compare "like" prices offered on various travel sites including the Hotel sites themselves.

Natty's BKK Hotels:

Admiral Premiere ------------------ $69 grand suite 55 sqm / $81 ADM suite 65 sq.
Fraser Suites Sukhumvit ---------- $81 1 br del suite / sup $107.
Grande Center Point T21---------- $142 grand suite w / bfs / $99 Delux prem w / bfst.
Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 ------- $77 I br suite 818 sq ft Agoda.
Grand Mercure Asoke Res -------- $63 delux suite / $88 exec suite expe / accor.
Marriott Thonglor Apartments ---- 2880 bt 1 br suite / now 3100 bt / 20,000 pts / night.
Radisson Blu ------------------------ $85 gr delux room / now $105 / or38,000 pts.
Renaisance (class 4) --------------- 3080 bt.
Sofitel ------------------------------- $95 Accor (Sale in January) luxury king / now $112.
Westin ------------------------------ $100 delux.

FreeMonger
07-27-16, 19:21
Its always recommended to book from the hotels website directly, I usually do that it saves a lot also you get to know about promotions which these website like booking and agoda hide.

Sunlover2
07-27-16, 20:47
I've been watching the airport+hotel packages these past few months. The price of a 5 star hotel+airfare (2 weeks) has dropped from $4.2 k to around 3700 now. Anyone know how much further it will go and if I can afford to wait much longer?You really need to provide more specific information to get the best advice:

When do you plan to travel? There is a high season in SE Asia when prices are quite a bit higher.

There are 5* hotels close to the nightlife areas and 5* hotels quite a bit aways from the nightlife areas. Which hotel are you looking at?

Important info for the hotel: is the quoted price net (total price) or subject to + (add 7% sales tax) or ++ (add 7% sales tax and 10% service charge) pricing, and if breakfast is included in the rate (some do and some don't.).

SL.

Justemp
07-29-16, 01:07
So I'm torn between Citadines Sukhumvit 23 or Grand President.

I know it would depend on where I want to be at cowboy or nana.

Does anyone know Grand President allows smoking room in Royal or Junior Suite?

I did find Citadines Sukhumvit 23 has smoking rooms, but can't find out about Grand president royal or junior suit.

Also I read that it's outdated, but last year post the royal suite is actually in OK shape, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance and I will post report when I arrive in BKk.

Lord Farquard
07-29-16, 06:35
Any feedback on Boss Suites??

Thanks.

Allover
07-29-16, 16:56

I did find Citadines Sukhumvit 23 has smoking rooms, but can't find out about Grand president royal or junior suit.

Also I read that it's outdated, but last year post the royal suite is actually in OK shape, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance and I will post report when I arrive in BKk.I stayed in a Royal Suite in Tower 2 in May. It would probably be best to email GP and ask about smoking rooms but I believe they have suites that allow smoking. The room was indeed dated but very large in size. The girls were impressed by the size. The room size not my size unfortunately.

GP has a great location and great breakfast buffet but it needs yet another remodeling. I might add that Tower 2 did not have a security guard to collect girl's IDs. Don't know if that matters to you but I prefer the added security. I will likely look elsewhere for my next trip.

Justemp
07-29-16, 17:41
I stayed in a Royal Suite in Tower 2 in May. It would probably be best to email GP and ask about smoking rooms but I believe they have suites that allow smoking. The room was indeed dated but very large in size. The girls were impressed by the size. The room size not my size unfortunately.

GP has a great location and great breakfast buffet but it needs yet another remodeling. I might add that Tower 2 did not have a security guard to collect girl's IDs. Don't know if that matters to you but I prefer the added security. I will likely look elsewhere for my next trip.Thanks for the update allover. How was the internet connection on tower 2? I read tower 3 internet wifi was horrible. I'm starting to lean toward citadine.

Randy Murican
07-30-16, 04:07
Thanks for the update allover. How was the internet connection on tower 2? I read tower 3 internet wifi was horrible. I'm starting to lean toward citadine.I've stayed at the GP regularly for years. Always stay in tower 2 in a suite. I've had good Internet connectivity as that's important for my work. Last trip I was getting bumped frequently from the fixed router on my floor. Called the front desk and they sent up one of their IT people who configured a small router in my room using the Ethernet outlet on the desk. Everything worked fine after that for the remainder of my stay. There was no extra charge for the service.

Yes, I agree that the GP is a little frayed around the edges. The advantage for me is a large room with a separate sleeping area and a decent kitchen with full sized fridge. As I mostly do my work in the early AM, I'll let my guests sleep while I work. The breakfast is reliably good but not up to the standards of say Grand Center Pointe terminal 21.

I will be staying there again in a few weeks. If things have gone south in a major way I will be sure to post an updated review.

Lastly, yes there are smoking suites available.

Banana Boi
07-30-16, 04:54
Any feedback on Boss Suites??

Thanks.Never been in a room but if the lobby is any indication looks pretty ghetto. Could pass for a ST hotel.

If that's the exact area you want, stay at Page 10 across the street.

Banana Boi
07-30-16, 07:26
Sorry for my last post. I was referring to Boss suites in Pattaya.

Syzygies
07-30-16, 08:06

Thanks in advance and I will post report when I arrive in BKk.You don't say why you consider these two hotels. I don't choose either of them. There are other options but Hard to see what tou look for other than smoking.

I prefer Grand President I guess. Citadines 23 had hard beds and hard staff a few years back. Never return there.

Syzygies
07-30-16, 08:10

Thanks in advance and I will post report when I arrive in BKk.You don't say why you consider these two hotels. I don't choose either of them. There are other options but Hard to see what tou look for other than smoking.

I prefer Grand President I guess. Citadines 23 had hard beds and hard staff a few years back. Never return there.

My favorite Hotels in the near to Soi 23 area are Column, Grand Mercure, Mermaid, Admiral Premier, Silq and Fx, and Grand Millenium, depending on budget or price specials.

Wolvenvacht
07-30-16, 08:27
You don't say why you consider these two hotels. I don't choose either of them. There are other options but Hard to see what tou look for other than smoking.

I prefer Grand President I guess. Citadines 23 had hard beds and hard staff a few years back. Never return there.Yes indeed Citadines has hard mattresses and that is one of the reasons I like it. Hard matresses give me better "traction", if you get my drift. (wink wink).

I find the reception staff lovely and friendly at Citadines. They don't bat an eye if you bring a new GF every evening and don't give a peep when you bring your real GF, register her and ask for an additional key card. Excellent service and very discrete.

If it wasn't against my principles never to date staff of the hotel I stay in, I'd be sorely tempted when I see the Citadines receptionists.

Justemp
07-30-16, 14:18
I've stayed at the GP regularly for years. Always stay in tower 2 in a suite. I've had good Internet connectivity as that's important for my work. Last trip I was getting bumped frequently from the fixed router on my floor. Called the front desk and they sent up one of their IT people who configured a small router in my room using the Ethernet outlet on the desk. Everything worked fine after that for the remainder of my stay. There was no extra charge for the service.

Yes, I agree that the GP is a little frayed around the edges. The advantage for me is a large room with a separate sleeping area and a decent kitchen with full sized fridge. As I mostly do my work in the early AM, I'll let my guests sleep while I work. The breakfast is reliably good but not up to the standards of say Grand Center Pointe terminal 21.

I will be staying there again in a few weeks. If things have gone south in a major way I will be sure to post an updated review.

Lastly, yes there are smoking suites available.Thank you for well informed information! Like you, being bed room separated with common area interested me, because I also like to separate work area and sleeping area. Again thanks for the info.

Justemp
07-30-16, 14:23
You don't say why you consider these two hotels. I don't choose either of them. There are other options but Hard to see what tou look for other than smoking.

My favorite Hotels in the near to Soi 23 area are Column, Grand Mercure, Mermaid, Admiral Premier, Silq and Fx, and Grand Millenium, depending on budget or price specials.The reason I chosen those two factored in several things. I wanted to be 5 min walking distance from Nana or Asoke bts area. I know walking is good for me but now days. It's not favorite thing. Also I wanted to have separate area for sleeping and common area because I need my work area. Lastly, I wanted to stay around $60 per night because last night, because of flight schedule, I need to have extra day without sleeping.

Thanks for the list of hotels. It helps and check them as well.

Achmmc
07-30-16, 19:25
I want to recommend a hotel that I stayed on my last BKK visit that truly was an upside surprise and I'm likely to stay here from now on. Paradiso Boutique Suites, three star hotel. Fantastic for light sleepers because it is very quiet. Midway between Nana and Asok, on the quiet side of Sukhumvit, (the side without all the street vendors and touts). Location is fantastic. There are walk-over bridges that put you on the Soi 11 corridor. It is a great mid-location to walk to Nana, Soi Cowboy, Terminal 21, Thermae, Biergarten, etc, etc. The hotel is very quiet and adjacent to a large, quiet private park, "Chuvit Garden" . Completely GF, no joiner fees. Rates per night are in the $30 usd to 45 usd plus taxes. The rooms actually are very nice for this price and look like the pictures on the website. There are only six rooms per floor and about seven floors total. I never heard a sole while I was in the room at any hour. No outside noise either. Good shower, good bed, quiet room, half the cost of several nearby hotels. Strongly recommend this place if you don't need a swimming pool, spa, restaurant and breakfast. Covers the basics really well and is in the center of the action. Nearest hotel to it is the S15 Sukhumvit that is almost directly across the street.

http://www.paradisosuites.com/

Roger Sideways
07-30-16, 21:53
I'm booked to stay at this hotel for a couple of nights in my next visit. On the map it looks like the closest hotel to Soi Cowboy. Looks like a nice hotel too. Any thoughts?

Member #4698
07-30-16, 23:52
I'm booked to stay at this hotel for a couple of nights in my next visit. On the map it looks like the closest hotel to Soi Cowboy. Looks like a nice hotel too. Any thoughts?The Pullman was originally known as the Grand Millennium Hotel Sukhumvit. I stayed there one time under the former management and enjoyed the modern room with all its conveniences and the great location. Hint: Bring your cowboy girls back into the hotel via the Soi 23 back entrance. Soi 23 provides a better (more romantic - ha ha) walk and the private entrance is a plus. The one thing I didn't like about this hotel was the very small and narrow lap swimming pool which by design is always in shade and has no view. IMHO the pool does not match the quality level of the hotel. What a shame.

Radison Blu, on the other hand, is of similar quality, price, and proximity to Cowboy, but the Blu has a nicer pool / patio bar area and a much better breakfast buffet. I enjoy inviting some of my favorite girls over to the Blu for afternoon swim, shag and late lunch/early dinner.

Grande Center Point T21 across Asok from the Pullman is another modern high quality hotel with a private entrance to the BTS station and easy access to the T21 shopping mall. I really like the gourmet supermarket located on the basement level of T21. The Grande Center Point T21 infinity pool is great. The hotel buffet breakfast is good too, but not as good as the Blu. If you feel like splurging, the one bedroom suites at the Grande Center Point are pricey but real nice and offer great views.

The Westin directly across from T21 on Soi 19 is the overall highest quality hotel in this post review. I stayed there for $103/night during the last 2 days of Songkran in April. That was a very good deal for a hotel of this quality level. The room was great - very large and 1st class all the way. The buffet breakfast was also very good, in fact they had the best honey due melon I ever ate. No shit! It had this amazing flavor. I never tasted a honey due so sweet. The pool is good too and I swear the pool waitress was hitting on me.

There are several other hotels in close proximity to Asok / Sukumvit and Cowboy. I will let other board members review those hotels.

Syzygies
07-31-16, 08:08
Natty,

Thanks for up to date info. I have not tried Radison Blu as yet since it is newish and am renting an apartment. However I will remember to try when price looks right. Also I usually go a bit cheaper I suspect. I love Column when they have a special price. Often a bit high for me.

Breakfast better than Pullman? I thought the Pullman breakfast was magnificent. Was there anything actually wrong with it? Large variety of choice.

The Pullman beds are great. Sleep on a cloud. Not my favorite hotel though. Good if can get a good all inclusive price. I take the point that pool is not good. As we know, that can matter when entertaining girls who like swimming and playing in the pool.

Thanks for supermarket tip too. I have been using Foodland at Column, Villa Markt, under Robinson, and Emporium supermarkets but they are all a bit expensive. Will try.

Syzy.

Wolvenvacht
07-31-16, 08:15
The pool is good too and I swear the pool waitress was hitting on me.Hehe, no doubt the girls at recepton tipped her off that you paid by using your platinum credit card.

Justemp
07-31-16, 16:09
So upon looking several hotels Syzygies, I ran a cross this hotel the key Sukhumvit, which seems good. I think I'm going to book here. Anyone stayed here before? If not I will post reviews on this place after stay.

Member #4698
07-31-16, 19:53
Hehe, no doubt the girls at recepton tipped her off that you paid by using your platinum credit card.I always believed in the principal, "you got to use what you got to get what you want." If young Asian girls find my wallet my most attractive attribute followed by my savoir faire as it relates to them, and lastly my sexual prowess; so be it. 555. The net result is I always end up having a great time in BKK, Jakarta, and Manila so I'm happy happy.

Danibbler
08-01-16, 02:59
Thanks for supermarket tip too. I have been using Foodland at Column, Villa Markt, under Robinson, and Emporium supermarkets but they are all a bit expensive. Will try.
It's a gourmet supermarket and it is expensive.

I stayed at the Pullman when it was under Grand Millennium management and it was quite nice. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Very quiet but I had asked for a quiet room. Big tub but never used it.

Am heading back for another visit soon so am looking at other hotels. Pullman is just a bit out of my price range right now.

Member #4698
08-01-16, 03:42
It's a gourmet supermarket and it is expensive.
Yes, the T21 gourmet supermarket is expensive, but in terms of quality it blows the competition away. They also operate an even larger branch in the basement level of Siam Paragon adjacent to the food court. I particularly like their daily fresh squeezed juice selections. The comparative quality of their produce, prepared foods, and animal proteins is equal to The Fresh Market, a high end gourmet supermarket in My Home Town, Florida while the cost of sundry items like mouthwash, soft drinks, and toothpaste is competitive with other BKK supermarkets and 7/11 outlets. In addition, the overall selection of product lines at T21 Gourmet is far wider. For example, they have a great selection of imported beers and they offer a discount card for frequent shoppers that can shave a few baht off your bill, but I misplaced mine a while back and am too lazy to ask for another.

Danibbler
08-01-16, 04:06
I just wanted to point out that it was expensive because Syzygies mentioned that his go-to supermarkets were expensive. He will be in for a shock. Hehehe.

Kurre
08-01-16, 19:52
So upon looking several hotels Syzygies, I ran a cross this hotel the key Sukhumvit, which seems good. I think I'm going to book here. Anyone stayed here before? If not I will post reviews on this place after stay.I stayed few nights here back in June 2014. The location is as good as any in this neighborhood and the staff was friendly. I stayed with my GF so cannot comment on joiner policy. Rooms were large but quite basic. AC worked flawless and shower had warm water. I looked at this hotel for my next stay but high season rates are too high IMHO so I'm looking at Dawin Nana, Phachara Suites and Waterford Diamond Tower instead. Waterford especially compares favorably if you are ok with paying your stay in advance. The location on Suk a bit past Phrom Phong is convenient enough, suites are good size and you can occasionally get a bump to top floor suites which have an excellent view. And no hassle with ID's.

Justemp
08-01-16, 23:53
I stayed few nights here back in June 2014. The location is as good as any in this neighborhood and the staff was friendly. I stayed with my GF so cannot comment on joiner policy. Rooms were large but quite basic. AC worked flawless and shower had warm water. I looked at this hotel for my next stay but high season rates are too high IMHO so I'm looking at Dawin Nana, Phachara Suites and Waterford Diamond Tower instead. Waterford especially compares favorably if you are ok with paying your stay in advance. The location on Suk a bit past Phrom Phong is convenient enough, suites are good size and you can occasionally get a bump to top floor suites which have an excellent view. And no hassle with ID's.Thanks for the info.

I actually stayed in Dawin back in 2009 and at that time hotel was great.

Only thing I didn't like was the walk to BTS, it's about good 11 minute walk and it just felt long. Besides that the room as clean and staff was friendly.

MichaelSamuel
08-07-16, 19:08
Anyone stayed at both who can compare and contrast them? I have stayed at the JW Marriott before so I know it, but both are about the same price this time around. I usually stay at the GCP21 or in thonglor, but wanted something close to Nana for 2 nights and not having to deal with the annoying taxi drivers. I do like a nice pool so that info would be appreciated as well.