PDA

View Full Version : International travel and Covid 19

Zeos1
05-09-20, 21:11
I think it would be interesting and informative to have a thread to consolidate information on the return of international air travel during or after this pandemic. It seems like many feel it is a matter of weeks, but a few current indications look more like months. What countries are totally closed to non-essential visitors, what countries may be open but have no scheduled flights operating, and dates when countries are opening, and when flights might resume.

Many airlines show flight schedules to various places that are not yet open to visitors. This may be just to be ready. In case the country does open up. Or it may be to collect fare money that they then refund when the flights are cancelled. Eventually.

A few countries have possible opening times. Costa Rica, for example says June 15. But that still doesn't tell you who it will be open to, or whether this is just another possible target date that will be delayed again.

A few countries have said they may allow visitors / tourists but they would have to undergo a 14 or 15 day quarantine.

A recent report suggests that Colombia is looking at mid December.

I believe that governments are looking at different options. Possible options include:

1. Allowing flights and visitors from countries with little or no current cases. For example, no new infections for more than 2 weeks, and / or all cases resolved (recovered or died).

2. Banning certain areas and / or countries, much like most of the world did with China, or the Wuhan area, in January and February.

3. Allowing visitors after screening for temperature and symptoms before boarding airline.

4. Allowing visitors with an immunological test showing exposure and recovery from Covid, and or a test showing no current Covid infection.

5. Wide open as before.

My guess is that it will be one or a combination of 1 to 4. I don't think option 5 will happen.

But please. No need to argue about why it should be different. We're not the makers of policy. And from what I read on the forum. Thank dog for that.

So hard information is appreciated.

Artisttyp
05-09-20, 21:22
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/safe-travel-again-143000520.html

Shows how things may look in the near future.

Midwestern
05-10-20, 01:09
When international flights become more relaxed, it will be before it's 100% safe to do so. Just like economies are reopening before it's 100% safe to do so. So, we all will have to decide for ourselves if international travel is really worth it. Even when we can travel internationally, we might as well scratch mongering off the to-do list. Mongering availability is way down.

Zeos1
05-10-20, 03:12
When international flights become more relaxed, it will be before it's 100% safe to do so. Just like economies are reopening before it's 100% safe to do so. So, we all will have to decide for ourselves if international travel is really worth it. Even when we can travel internationally, we might as well scratch mongering off the to-do list. Mongering availability is way down.All true from the traveler point of view.

Guess I'm wondering about the national governments. When they're going to allow visitors in. Where I am it is 2 weeks quarantine for anyone coming in (except truckers, nurses, etc) and I think it will stay that way for a long time.

WindAngel
05-10-20, 11:47
More and more countries will start imposing 2 weeks quarantine for anyone coming in, even democratic countries that brag about human rights. For example, Britain is also currently in the process of implementing it. For many places already doing it, it is like prison. And you have to pay for it too. It's not free. The cost per day is equivalent to a 4 star hotel.Taiwan gives about US $50 each day to it's returning citizen, depending on the city, to stay in an approved hotel. Not all hotels are qualified. The citizen can stay at home if some conditions are met, like if you are the sole resident in the place.

Zeos1
05-10-20, 22:57
Taiwan gives about US $50 each day to it's returning citizen, depending on the city, to stay in an approved hotel. Not all hotels are qualified. The citizen can stay at home if some conditions are met, like if you are the sole resident in the place.So on the list of options for countries another is this one. That they would allow visitors, but everyone would have to quarantine. This is currently the case in Canada, and it has been since mid-March, although it was only made compulsory under the quarantine Act sometime in early April. This applies to everyone. Citizens, residents, or visitors. If you have no place to go to in order to quarantine, and you are a returning citizen or resident, the government provides a place. If you are a visitor you would know before you board a plane that you have to do this so it is your choice, to come in and quarantine, or not come in. Land borders are closed to tourists / visitors both ways.

The Cane
05-10-20, 23:15
So on the list of options for countries another is this one. That they would allow visitors, but everyone would have to quarantine. This is currently the case in Canada, and it has been since mid-March, although it was only made compulsory under the quarantine Act sometime in early April. This applies to everyone. Citizens, residents, or visitors. If you have no place to go to in order to quarantine, and you are a returning citizen or resident, the government provides a place. If you are a visitor you would know before you board a plane that you have to do this so it is your choice, to come in and quarantine, or not come in. Land borders are closed to tourists / visitors both ways.Boris Johnson announced today that the UK will impose a quarantine on people arriving by air. He did not indicate a start / end date. I for one won't be traveling to any country where I would have to go into quarantine and / or the mongering destinations I would like to visit are not open as they were before this damned virus wrecked everything.

Zeos1
05-15-20, 03:34
Boris Johnson announced today that the UK will impose a quarantine on people arriving by air. He did not indicate a start / end date. I for one won't be traveling to any country where I would have to go into quarantine and / or the mongering destinations I would like to visit are not open as they were before this damned virus wrecked everything.Quarantine on arrival seems to be gaining ground as an option for many countries. Also there are countries that are setting up, or talking about setting up, "bubbles" where other countries with the virus under control can travel with their country. Essentially bilateral agreements. These would be based on seeing active cases gone or almost gone, and no new cases for a specified period. Australia is said to be looking at this with nearby countries / areas.

For Canadian or US travelers. Quarantine seems to be the best or most likely possible option after outright travel bans are lifted. Countries that have got the virus spread under control will likely opt for that, at least for travelers coming from places with active cases.

BUT. We all wait for the actual announcements of policies by various governments.

Quagmire1974
05-15-20, 03:50
Thanks, Zeos1, for starting this thread. I just discovered this through TripAdvisor:

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/guide/reopening-soon-a-country-by-country-guide-to-coronavirus-recovery/?linkId=88569101&fbclid=IwAR2Ms5UUQ6lLICFnvCLLjnyPH14kNlpPAF9ukzFwW7hQ9w2sicRezQPiyo4

MonkeyPaw
05-15-20, 04:25
Quarantine on arrival seems to be gaining ground as an option for many countries. Also there are countries that are setting up, or talking about setting up, "bubbles" where other countries with the virus under control can travel with their country. Essentially bilateral agreements. These would be based on seeing active cases gone or almost gone, and no new cases for a specified period. Australia is said to be looking at this with nearby countries / areas.

For Canadian or US travelers. Quarantine seems to be the best or most likely possible option after outright travel bans are lifted. Countries that have got the virus spread under control will likely opt for that, at least for travelers coming from places with active cases.

BUT. We all wait for the actual announcements of policies by various governments.I find it a bit odd that in certain countries like Vietnam, that the "foreign infection" from outside the country is being highly propagandized. A country where doctors are not allowed to report COVID-10 diagnosis or determinations, rather government officials can be pretty scary. So Russia, just allowed these migrants to leave and board an airplane while infected? Did they get infected during the flight? Too many countries pointing the finger at outsiders or international travelers. So if I came from Vietnam with 300 cases and 0 deaths to the UK which has way more, I am the risk? Do flights crews quarantine themselves as they bounce country to country? None of this makes senses. The crap that these governments try to tell people and they believe it like 10 commandments. Chaos.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vietnam/vietnam-reports-24-new-coronavirus-cases-all-imported-cases-pass-300-idUSKBN22R03R

ShoesAndSocks
05-15-20, 07:08
If contact tracing forms a key part of the way to control this pandemic, I can't see how widespread international travel can be allowed.

Say I was in Frankfurt and I enjoyed my last night in Europe at an FKK club, and I'm required to leave contact details in case anyone in attendance is subsequently diagnosed with Covid-19. Then, next day I return home to Australia via Singapore. I've caught a train to FRA, one of the busiest hubs in the EU. Spent a few hours there mingling with travellers going all over the world, then onto a long-haul flight with passengers headed all over the world, then another couple of hours in very busy SIN airport, and finally another long flight home.

When I return home, someone from Frankfurt contacts me regarding an outbreak at the club and asks me who I have been in contact since my visit, so what happens then? I've possibly infected travellers across 3 countries, folks who have since travelled who-knows-where. Who wants responsibility for that? Certainly not me!

The Cane
05-15-20, 12:33
If contact tracing forms a key part of the way to control this pandemic, I can't see how widespread international travel can be allowed.Yeah, I don't see how contact tracing would work very well within a large, populous country like the United States, let alone throwing in an international component on top of it.

Lucky Nuts
05-15-20, 15:27
The testing industry is working 24/7 to develop in high volumes faster more accurate tests. This is a needed and necessary development both for our hobby and for some normalization of societies in general. As it pertains to our hobby whether it's a 15 minute test on arrival or a 24 hour approved hotel quarantine while awaiting results either requirement would suffice for many of us even regardless of a required fee as well. Let's hope the testing industry makes the necessary strides in getting where we need to be sooner rather than later.

Artisttyp
05-15-20, 17:56
The testing industry is working 24/7 to develop in high volumes faster more accurate tests. This is a needed and necessary development both for our hobby and for some normalization of societies in general. As it pertains to our hobby whether it's a 15 minute test on arrival or a 24 hour approved hotel quarantine while awaiting results either requirement would suffice for many of us even regardless of a required fee as well. Let's hope the testing industry makes the necessary strides in getting where we need to be sooner rather than later.Interesting theory but the tests would need to be 100% accurate and if you picked up the virus on the flight (just an hour ago) would there be enough incubation period for the test to recognize the infection? I don't see how you safely get around the 2 weeks of isolation to be 100% sure.

Downandup
05-15-20, 18:55
Interesting theory but the tests would need to be 100% accurate ...Like this? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/roche-test-covid-antibody-coroanvirus-testing-uk-when-can-i-get-where-a9515571.html At least it's part of a solution.

Zeos1
05-15-20, 19:37
Like this? https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/roche-test-covid-antibody-coroanvirus-testing-uk-when-can-i-get-where-a9515571.html At least it's part of a solution.This is the other type of test. A test for antibodies. It would say you have had the virus and have developed antibodies. But it doesn't say whether or not you have an active case. The other types of testing are for the virus directly. To tell whether you have an active case.

Both of these tests could be useful for travel, but as far as I know there is no country that is allowing people in based on a positive antibody test and a negative virus test. That's the so-called immunity certificate, or immunity passport idea.

Artisttyp
05-15-20, 19:47
This is the other type of test. A test for antibodies. It would say you have had the virus and have developed antibodies. But it doesn't say whether or not you have an active case. The other types of testing are for the virus directly. To tell whether you have an active case.

Both of these tests could be useful for travel, but as far as I know there is no country that is allowing people in based on a positive antibody test and a negative virus test. That's the so-called immunity certificate, or immunity passport idea.True.

I was going to add how would the test know if you picked it up on the flight over or not? Too soon to tell.

Another variable to consider now on is how you will address illness in your country of visit if you become ill on the road. I was recently in Negril, Jamaica. Just finding cough syrup can prove to be difficult over there. What if I came down with Corona?

Lucky Nuts
05-15-20, 23:25
Interesting theory but the tests would need to be 100% accurate and if you picked up the virus on the flight (just an hour ago) would there be enough incubation period for the test to recognize the infection? I don't see how you safely get around the 2 weeks of isolation to be 100% sure.I believe there will never be 100% test accuracy and therefore never 100 percent perfect screening. But I think if airport arrival screening can become 99 percent effective or close to that within 24 to 48 hours of arrival that a country like Thailand would not cancel their 2021 high tourist season. Just my opinion.

Artisttyp
05-16-20, 05:42
https://samchui.com/2020/05/09/whats-the-future-of-air-travel-like-post-covid-19-2/#. Xr9 t1 S2 ZO3 e.

Zeos1
05-16-20, 17:55
https://samchui.com/2020/05/09/whats-the-future-of-air-travel-like-post-covid-19-2/#. Xr9 t1 S2 ZO3 e.Link above is to a travel type group with some good information on the potential changes for travel.

Air Canada just announced they are laying off 50 -60 percent of their workforce. They are thinking 4 years to get back to normal, and only back to 25% by the end of this year from their current 10 or 15% of pre-Covid business. Air Canada is in no imminent financial danger. To me this shows that they are thinking "back to normal" is not happening any time soon. These are permanent lay-offs. They don't feel they can pay all or part of the salaries for that long to keep them around.

I think domestic travel has held up a bit better in the US (it was / is very restricted in Canada) but I don't think any of the major airlines will be keeping their workforce intact.

Zeos1
05-17-20, 13:39
Some news. Italy is reopening for INTERNAL travel. There have been restrictions on movement within the country.

Also some relaxing of travel bans between countries within the European Union. It's not wide open yet by any means but some easing of restrictions is to happen.

A couple of more wrinkles on travel into various places and the tools that will be used.

- Hong Kong requires testing on arrival. You self administer the test, then go to a "holding room / hotel" to await the results. If you are clear of current infection you then go to your 14 day quarantine hotel room. You get a 1 time use key card, and also a tracking bracelet I believe. You go into your room once. And cannot leave until your 14 days is completed. You cannot leave the room. Food is brought to the door.

So I guess the key ideas. Testing on arrival, plus quarantine, plus strict control to make sure you do it.

The Cane
05-17-20, 14:23
Some news. Italy is reopening for INTERNAL travel. There have been restrictions on movement within the country.

Also some relaxing of travel bans between countries within the European Union. It's not wide open yet by any means but some easing of restrictions is to happen.

A couple of more wrinkles on travel into various places and the tools that will be used.

- Hong Kong requires testing on arrival. You self administer the test, then go to a "holding room / hotel" to await the results. If you are clear of current infection you then go to your 14 day quarantine hotel room. You get a 1 time use key card, and also a tracking bracelet I believe. You go into your room once. And cannot leave until your 14 days is completed. You cannot leave the room. Food is brought to the door.

So I guess the key ideas. Testing on arrival, plus quarantine, plus strict control to make sure you do it.And in Hong Kong what happens if a passenger tests positive at the port of entry?

ShoesAndSocks
05-17-20, 16:10
So I guess the key ideas. Testing on arrival, plus quarantine, plus strict control to make sure you do it.So, why would anyone bother going through all of that unless travel was essential?

The idea of "normal" international travel within controllable "bubbles" like Australia + New Zealand or Germany + Austria I can see, but you can't widen those arrangements too much.

I read Thai Airways may contemplate bankruptcy as a means to "rehabilitate". Doesn't give you much confidence in making any advance bookings. I think airlines and hotels may have to offer deals where you don't have to pay until departure of first flight segment or first night of stay, to allay fears that they may go out of business before we start our trips.

Sad thing is it might all become self-fulfilling ... everyone will be scared of travel company insolvencies and not make bookings, and that of course will cause their insolvency.

Artisttyp
05-17-20, 17:20
When this was first proposed as an Idea I posted a thread on a rated G travel website. The closest I got to a "yes I would quarantine for 14 days" is "Maybe if I was going for business or a 1 or 2 month stay". Most people replied with a clear NO WAY.

Who has more than 2 weeks a year for vacation anyway? Who has money to waste like this while traveling? Can you imagine being in a budget hotel room for 2 weeks?

The concept is commendable in theory but hardly sustainable long term.

Downandup
05-17-20, 19:26
UK government plans to have 30 million doses of a vaccine ready in September if the Oxford trial is successful.

Zeos1
05-17-20, 22:43
And in Hong Kong what happens if a passenger tests positive at the port of entry?You call an ambulance for transport to a hospital.

Sound7
05-17-20, 22:51
To control the spread of COVID-19, the Alameda County Health Officer issued an order on April 17, 2020 for all residents and workers to wear face coverings when conducting essential business and when around others outside of their immediate household. Combined with physical distancing and frequent hand washing, face coverings may reduce the risk of infection posed by people who are infected and without symptoms.

We recommend you do not purchase and-95 and surgical / medical masks. These masks are in short supply, and need to be conserved for health workers, first responders, and other workers on the front lines.

Taiwan Model Expanded: Alameda County, California, USA + 6 feet Social Distance. First Mask Health Order in USA.

Zeos1
05-17-20, 22:52
UK government plans to have 30 million doses of a vaccine ready in September if the Oxford trial is successful.Looking for that information. Basically animal trials are done, and phase 1 human trials are about to start. But a long ways from that to commercial production, but I'll keep looking.

Normally human trials take a few years since they are looking for negative effects in short and long term. And only in Phase 3 do they test it against the actual virus.

Anyway, I know a lot of this is being fast tracked, but it still seems unlikely to be that soon.

Sound7
05-17-20, 22:55
Would booster be required or just a single dose, many questions. 30 million a good start to reaching the billions capacity needed for the whole herd.

UK government plans to have 30 million doses of a vaccine ready in September if the Oxford trial is successful.

Zeos1
05-17-20, 23:01
Looking for that information. Basically animal trials are done, and phase 1 human trials are about to start. But a long ways from that to commercial production, but I'll keep looking.

Normally human trials take a few years since they are looking for negative effects in short and long term. And only in Phase 3 do they test it against the actual virus.

Anyway, I know a lot of this is being fast tracked, but it still seems unlikely to be that soon.I did find some more info on it. Seems like it didn't actually prevent infection in the animal trials. The actual data and information from the animal trials was released later than the original story and hype. The hope it that it can at least help reduce the severity of the infection. Or. There is still a possibility that it could work better in humans than in the animal trial. Phase 1 human trials are starting. The company was going to prepare some quantity of it basically "in case it works". But the earliest is around the end of the year.

Lucky Nuts
05-17-20, 23:30
Deleted post because the link didn't work

Downandup
05-18-20, 09:57
Looking for that information. Basically animal trials are done, and phase 1 human trials are about to start. But a long ways from that to commercial production, but I'll keep looking.

Anyway, I know a lot of this is being fast tracked, but it still seems unlikely to be that soon.Here's the story:

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-05-17/cambridge-company-astrazeneca-to-make-30-doses-of-coronavirus-vaccine-if-it-works/

Phase 1 is completed and if the trials are successful then 100 million doses will be made by September with the UK getting 30 million.

Zeos1
05-18-20, 16:15
Here's the story:

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-05-17/cambridge-company-astrazeneca-to-make-30-doses-of-coronavirus-vaccine-if-it-works/

Phase 1 is completed and if the trials are successful then 100 million doses will be made by September with the UK getting 30 million.Right. Thanks for the link. The other information that I found was that the Phase 1 testing (animal tests) were at first said to have great results, but the actual data was released it was not so great. Anyway, the ITV report was a "feel good" story for the British. Hopefully this vaccine performs in human trials and if so could be released to the British within some months. If the early results of human trials are promising it would make sense for the company to start building up supplies. It takes time to produce vaccines because they are "grown" not mixed up in a vat, so having it on hand in case it is effective is a great idea if the company has the resources to do that.

Artisttyp
05-18-20, 19:28
Airplanes don't make you sick ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/18/airplanes-dont-make-you-sick-really/

Zeos1
05-19-20, 01:34
Just a reminder that information on international travel is what I'm hoping for here. I'm not interested in people arguing or presenting points of view as to why it should be this way or that. Countries and governments are doing what they think they need to do and time will tell what are the best strategies. But discussion of herd immunity, "natural course" things should go, various theories relating to political agendas or even national agendas are not needed here.

This is similar to a thread in the Colombia forum, I just thought a thread with a worldwide view of what various countries are doing and saying as far as travel is concerned might be of value to some of us who might be looking for alternative places to travel to, for example.

Artisttyp
05-19-20, 18:59
https://nypost.com/2020/05/19/international-travel-may-not-return-to-normal-until-2023/

Kingpin
05-20-20, 02:35
Some hope from Italy!

Foreign minister Luigi Di Maio indicated that Italy's eased restrictions would apply to those already in the European Union, writing on Facebook that from June 3 it will be possible "to move within E. U. States".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/italy-announces-plans-to-ease-travel-restrictions-starting-june-3/2020/05/16/fd0822dc-9745-11ea-9f5e-56d8239bf9ad_story.html

Zeos1
05-21-20, 04:01
Announced apparently that international travel to Colombia will not be allowed until after the end of August.

And perhaps similar with Argentina.

Probably opening the way for this to be the next date announced through many Latin American countries.

Costa Rica published a long list of things that will open up over the period of a few months. But nothing about international travel there either.

Artisttyp
05-21-20, 04:55
https://www.yahoo.com/news/refuse-crowded-flight-refund-205655785.html

Sky Ryder
05-21-20, 10:34
Announced apparently that international travel to Colombia will not be allowed until after the end of August.

And perhaps similar with Argentina.Argentina has already announced there will be no domestic or international flights in Argentina until the end of September. Of course it is Argentina we are talking about and things could change within the hour.

Sky Ryder
05-21-20, 10:37
Airplanes don't make you sick ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/18/airplanes-dont-make-you-sick-really/Unless you spend your day in a surgical theater, I'd venture to say the air you breath on a commercial jet airplane will be the most germ free air you breathe all day.

Quagmire1974
05-24-20, 07:25
Here is an article from Lonely Planet detailing how and when some nations and territories in the Caribbean (Aruba, Saint Lucia, Bahamas, Antigua and Barbuda, Puerto Rico, Grenada) will open with the current COVID 19 situation:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/what-caribbean-countries-are-reopening?fbclid=IwAR18H4ZgsOpSRrjbGdQ8OoTv-VldYTwGV62pvK09C_JJtn3HgC4LjDDN6hA&utm_campaign=article&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Zeos1
05-28-20, 04:00
I have been hoping to travel again. Like many others on this forum I'm sure. But.

Here's the deal as I am starting to see it. I'll just put it out to all of you. The last things to come back will be international travel. At least travel as we used to know it. Perhaps limited travel with extensive testing and 2 week plus quarantines, but not low cost available and open travel.

This is based on comments I'm hearing from experts, things like "if there's pockets of infection anywhere in the world it will get everywhere" And indeed that is how it got started, and how it spread.

So imagine a country, like New Zealand for example, that has almost no cases, in fact everyone that had it has recovered and they have no new cases coming on. Do you think they'll be anxious to open their airports to, for example, Americans? Or Brazilians? When they've spent huge amounts of their national treasury on stamping out the virus. And tourism is very important to their economy. But with the virus they have no economy, so the best bet is to keep out the potential infected people.

We have that already in Canada. We have provinces with no cases. Do you think they're interested in tourism from Ontario and Quebec. Not really.

And so with the places we love.

So, I'm not optimistic about travel any time soon. Until there is a very effective treatment, or until vaccination is almost universal (and we don't know if or when that will happen).

And so I'm trying to envision a retirement without travel, which for me is without sex to be blunt. Sucks. But that's how it feels to me. Guess I might have to try to work up some feelings of desire for those that might have me, grandmotherly types, whales, the twisted and entitled, and the like.

Mr Matrix
06-13-20, 15:01
Here's a tempting deal from Eithad Airways, buy a travel voucher from them before 24th June. It's good for travel anytime in the next two years and they will add 50% of the value to it for free when you book a flight. They do fly from the you. S, but this is probably more suitable for Far East and Africa mongering destinations from Europe.

Like most airlines they must need some cash flow, but as the flag carrier for you. A. E. Your money should be safe.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/book/special-offers/promotion/etihad-travel-voucher

Quagmire1974
06-13-20, 18:00
Lonely Planet, a travel website and online retailer of guidebooks and other travel accessories, has been steadily churning out information regarding the reopening of nations and territories in the current coronavirus pandemic. Within the past couple of days, they published a story that is quite appropriate for this forum:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/iata-map-travel-restrictions

The map referenced in the article can be found here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

To get the most recent coronavirus travel information, simply click or tap on a nation or territory on the map, and a separate box will pop up and give the latest information. To supplement the map, be sure to add Lonely Planet to your timeline on Facebook, as Lonely Planet is constantly providing information as to when nations and territories will open for international tourists.

The Cane
06-14-20, 00:04
Lonely Planet, a travel website and online retailer of guidebooks and other travel accessories, has been steadily churning out information regarding the reopening of nations and territories in the current coronavirus pandemic. Within the past couple of days, they published a story that is quite appropriate for this forum:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/iata-map-travel-restrictions

The map referenced in the article can be found here:

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm

To get the most recent coronavirus travel information, simply click or tap on a nation or territory on the map, and a separate box will pop up and give the latest information. To supplement the map, be sure to add Lonely Planet to your timeline on Facebook, as Lonely Planet is constantly providing information as to when nations and territories will open for international tourists.Great resource! Thank you!

Sammon
06-14-20, 14:18
Here's a tempting deal from Eithad Airways, buy a travel voucher from them before 24th June. It's good for travel anytime in the next two years and they will add 50% of the value to it for free when you book a flight. They do fly from the you. S, but this is probably more suitable for Far East and Africa mongering destinations from Europe.

Like most airlines they must need some cash flow, but as the flag carrier for you. A. E. Your money should be safe.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/book/special-offers/promotion/etihad-travel-voucherThey are one of the airlines slated to go belly up. Be careful.

Quagmire1974
06-14-20, 17:34
Aruba has announced that they will reopen for tourism and allow tourists from Canada and Europe to enter beginning July 1. Tourists from the United States will be allowed to enter beginning July 10. Details, including entry requirements and updated flight schedules, can be found here:

https://www.aruba.com/us

Quagmire1974
07-03-20, 00:31
Lonely Planet continues to update their website regarding international travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.

European Union lifts travel ban for 14 nations July 1. United States not included on list:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/eu-us-travel-ban

Caribbean nations continue to reopen for tourism. Common theme appears to be negative COVID-19 test 72 hours before you arrive:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/what-caribbean-countries-are-reopening

Belize reopening to tourism August 15. Very helpful chart included in story:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/articles/when-does-belize-reopen

Quagmire1974
07-03-20, 21:41
Fodor's Travel recently published an online article detailing the entry procedures for Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic. The article includes 28 nations in the Caribbean, Europe, Southeast Asia, Africa, Pacific, and Indian Ocean:

https://www.fodors.com/news/photos/americans-cant-go-to-europe-so-which-countries-can-you-travel-to

Quagmire1974
07-06-20, 17:48
Africa opening its airspace in July and August:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/africa-starts-opening-airspace-even-as-covid-19-cases-climb

Saint Lucia originally mandated that travelers needed to have a negative COVID-19 test result 48 hours before they arrived at the airport on the island. That time frame has now been extended to 7 days. Details on Saint Lucia's website:

https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/

I hope at least one person is finding these posts helpful. I'll post more updates as I find them.

The Cane
07-06-20, 21:46
Glad somebody here showed us this: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm.

Golfinho
07-07-20, 00:32
https://www.stlucia.org/en/covid-19/
I hope at least one person is finding these posts helpful. I'll post more updates as I find them.Finding up-to-the-moment posts on country covid status all in one place would be too ideal.

Kayak is trying: https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions.