PDA

View Full Version : Hard times

Blood Red
06-20-20, 04:07
So I got pinged by 2 Uzbek WG's in Dubai. The first one, Neelu, who is / was the best friend of my regular Uzbek, let's call her Shabnam. So Neelu went on a rant, how she's dead broke and is now thinking of just flying out of Dubai considering the way things are. And Shabnam apparently is so desperate for money that she has tried to cheat with Neelu's BF. Then got pinged by Shabnam, asking when I'm coming etc etc, and literally begging for money. So things are pretty bad for these girls. I am not planning on sending anything because I have this rule where I just don't do that.

So I wonder when they will start issuing tourist visas again in Dubai. Without tourists, Dubai's economy is just not going to survive. But you open the door to tourists and get rid of the quarantine policy, you'll see another spike in cases. Plus, considering the terrible situation in Saudi and how all the GCC countries depend on Saudi tourists, it looks unlikely that may happen in the very near future. I'm guessing they may open up to select countries in August if not sooner, which is bullshit but that is most likely what may happen, I hope I'm wrong.

What do you guys think?

Cheers.

Plush Tiger
06-20-20, 09:01
So I got pinged by 2 Uzbek WG's in Dubai. The first one, Neelu, who is / was the best friend of my regular Uzbek, let's call her Shabnam. So Neelu went on a rant, how she's dead broke and is now thinking of just flying out of Dubai considering the way things are. And Shabnam apparently is so desperate for money that she has tried to cheat with Neelu's BF. Then got pinged by Shabnam, asking when I'm coming etc etc, and literally begging for money. So things are pretty bad for these girls. I am not planning on sending anything because I have this rule where I just don't do that.

So I wonder when they will start issuing tourist visas again in Dubai. Without tourists, Dubai's economy is just not going to survive. But you open the door to tourists and get rid of the quarantine policy, you'll see another spike in cases. Plus, considering the terrible situation in Saudi and how all the GCC countries depend on Saudi tourists, it looks unlikely that may happen in the very near future. I'm guessing they may open up to select countries in August if not sooner, which is bullshit but that is most likely what may happen, I hope I'm wrong.

What do you guys think?

Cheers.The country has issued a list of countries where it is allowed to travel to. Neither Uzbekistan nor KSA are there for the time being, but the list will certainly be updated regularly. As you rightly say Dubai's economy is at a standstill, that's why they relaxed the rules lately, but too quickly to the test of our oil rich neighbor which decided to ban travels to and from its borders. The good thing is that the daily new infections numbers dropped to less 400 cases a day which was quite encouraging, while hoping there won; t be a rebound as people will take it a little more easy.

Berrys66
06-21-20, 15:06
1000's of brits are checking out as no jobs available so all are seliing up fast.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/britons-dubai-sell-possessions-return-122444793.html

News.

Britons in Dubai sell possessions and return home as coronavirus ends expat dream.

Gareth Browne.

The Telegraphyesterday.