-
[QUOTE=Onojdi;2454983] I need your help. I have Line app but can not locate "people nearby" function. I did some google research and it seems the problem is that I have to turn ON Line app at Location Services. But on the list of apps there is no Line, it's just missing. I did some more research and found that it is common problem for people that are using iOS but can't find solution. I try to uninstall the app, then to reboot the phone. Nothing. Any ideas?.[/QUOTE]That feature is not enabled everywhere. It seems to depend on the country of the app store you download from.
-
[QUOTE=Nounce;2454996]That feature is not enabled everywhere. It seems to depend on the country of the app store you download from.[/QUOTE]Yeah, you are correct. I just got a message from Line support centre:
People Nearby function is only available in certain countries and regions. Target countries include Cambodia, India, Myanmar, Vietnam, United States, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Macau.
So I will try it when I arrive in Hanoi. Sounds useful. But what about Tinder, I guess it's popular too?
-
[QUOTE=DavidCohen;2386206]I think it would be 1. Do son. Hard to beat the selections and value of Do Son.[/QUOTE]Hi David, looking to doing the ha giang loop tour and visit Lao Cai since it's closer by. For foreigners, can you still get to the Heoku side or you need a visa to enter. Is the fun the same on the VN side? Is it worth staying in the area for a day or two? Any rec or warnings? Not sure how easy it is to get a Chinese visa or even its worth it. Sounds like interesting place and near where I plan on traveling. Any info helps.
Thansk.
-
[QUOTE=CaptainSolo;2442835]
With Vietnam Air's excellent customer services, hot, young flight attendants, brand-new airplanes and highly-experienced pilots (or is it the reverse? Tasty food and endless Hanoi, Saigon beers and wines on long flights, I would book flights with them again, even if their prices are slightly higher than competition.[/QUOTE]VN airline is coming to SFO. Curious if you took VN airlines in VN or from US? Would save at least 5 hour traveling time with direct flights to vn rather than layover. Anyone know when that will happen. 20+ travel time from US is a killer.
-
[QUOTE=Mushuu09;2456542]Hi David, looking to doing the ha giang loop tour and visit Lao Cai since it's closer by. For foreigners, can you still get to the Heoku side or you need a visa to enter. Is the fun the same on the VN side? Is it worth staying in the area for a day or two? Any rec or warnings? Not sure how easy it is to get a Chinese visa or even its worth it. Sounds like interesting place and near where I plan on traveling. Any info helps.
Thansk.[/QUOTE]If I can contribute to this:
Tourists have always needed a visa to enter China. I don't think arranging this will have got any easier.
Last reports I have is that the Hekou scene is kaput.
Lao Cai has never been worth the detour.
-
[QUOTE=MeoDen;2456601]If I can contribute to this:
Tourists have always needed a visa to enter China. I don't think arranging this will have got any easier.
Last reports I have is that the Hekou scene is kaput.
Lao Cai has never been worth the detour.[/QUOTE]Haha black cat, cool name. Thanks for the info. It was a $140 visa to enter China for. One night. Not worth it. I want to do the Ha Giang loop so I was already in the area. So follow up question, is there a Sapa scene. Or how does Lao Cai compare? I saw it.
Mentioned as to bring your own beer type of party but ehh I prefer a buffet but at the very least the cafeteria. Anyone with experience in that north highland region? TIA.
-
Currently visiting China and been waiting for Vietnam border to open to visit Hanoi and do son.
Been pondering visiting hekou first, because Vietnam opens on July 1.
Was coronavirus the only reason there were maybe not as many girls as usual in hekou recently? Was it because border was closed and so most are waiting until it opens?
Thanks in advance!
-
Finding Online
[QUOTE=Sebastiane;2438183]I might be having to go to Hanoi soon (once the Covid19 is over) and though I've scrolled through the last 20 pages or of this forum but can't find a good guide for first timer of how to monger in Hanoi. There is a report from 2011 about the different types of bars etc but if someone can summarise the various options I'd be glad. I'm used to German and Swiss FKK clubs. I prefer the most beautiful girls (looks over service) and don't mind paying extra if it can guarantee both. Also, what is the escort scene like?
Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]You can use Line app near by feature also other websites like kynu, Tim goigai. ,but there are a lot of scams happening online, photos are highly Photoshoped, different girl might come or you may get a lady boy. It is better to call them outside the hotel and verify first. Also there are people on bike which will come to you and ask if you want boom boom. Overall Hanoi is quite dull as compared to HCMC.
-
Vietnam Air
MuShuu.
Vietnam Air is not flying direct from SFO or LAX yet. The flight from LAX to SGN was code share with Korean Air with 3 hours lay over in Seoul.
They have been approved fro direct flight in Jan but will need a few months to set up operations besides the CoVid delay. Vietnam Air has bought a couple B787's for this route. The collapse of air travel under CoVid will undoubtedly take a big bite out of their capital budget.
Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo.
With Vietnam Air's excellent customer services, hot, young flight attendants, brand-new airplanes and highly-experienced pilots (or is it the reverse? Tasty food and endless Hanoi, Saigon beers and wines on long flights, I would book flights with them again, even if their prices are slightly higher than competition.
-
[QUOTE=CaptainSolo;2476507]MuShuu.
Vietnam Air is not flying direct from SFO or LAX yet. The flight from LAX to SGN was code share with Korean Air with 3 hours lay over in Seoul.
They have been approved fro direct flight in Jan but will need a few months to set up operations besides the CoVid delay. Vietnam Air has bought a couple B787's for this route. The collapse of air travel under CoVid will undoubtedly take a big bite out of their capital budget.
Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo.
With Vietnam Air's excellent customer services, hot, young flight attendants, brand-new airplanes and highly-experienced pilots (or is it the reverse? Tasty food and endless Hanoi, Saigon beers and wines on long flights, I would book flights with them again, even if their prices are slightly higher than competition.[/QUOTE]What is the latest to enter Vietnam, is it possible to come and relax for a few days.
Guide me friends what is the latest on ground position any flights available and visa restrictions.
-
[QUOTE=Alex7J;2476573]What is the latest to enter Vietnam, is it possible to come and relax for a few days.
Guide me friends what is the latest on ground position any flights available and visa restrictions.[/QUOTE]As I understand it, still no entry or visas unless you are special worker, business, diplomat etc. And with mandatory 14 day isolation at state sponsored facilities on your dime. 2021 maybe.
The Nang is locked down tight. My friends are staying in the mountains and can't return home w / o 14 days isolation.
-
[QUOTE=CaptainSolo;2476507]MuShuu.
Vietnam Air is not flying direct from SFO or LAX yet. The flight from LAX to SGN was code share with Korean Air with 3 hours lay over in Seoul.
They have been approved fro direct flight in Jan but will need a few months to set up operations besides the CoVid delay. Vietnam Air has bought a couple B787's for this route. The collapse of air travel under CoVid will undoubtedly take a big bite out of their capital budget.
Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo.
With Vietnam Air's excellent customer services, hot, young flight attendants, brand-new airplanes and highly-experienced pilots (or is it the reverse? Tasty food and endless Hanoi, Saigon beers and wines on long flights, I would book flights with them again, even if their prices are slightly higher than competition.[/QUOTE]You are so right. The flight attendants on both VA and KAL are smokin' hot for sure. I flew first class on both. I saw an older 80'ish oriental man get a virtual warm rag sponge bath after dinner on VA.
Too bad they didn't buy 2 Airbuss A350 series.
-
Vietnam
Alex73.
Vietnam is shut down again after CoVid outbreak in the Nang. All passengers arriving from out of the country must undergo 14-day quarantine. Domestic air passengers from infected areas, like the Nang, have to do 7 days.
Visas have to be applied at consulate prior to departure. Visas on arriving have been very difficult to obtain. Without current visas airlines will deny boarding as they don't want to deal with stranded passengers.
-
Poor P4P
So I must have read 30 pages back in this Hanoi forum, and I have to say how disappointed I am in the state of mongerdom in Hanoi so far. I recently moved here and I figured there would at least be an abundance of happy ending massage parlors for reasonable prices (considering the extremely low cost of living and average monthly wage). But wow. You guys are routinely paying around $50-60 USD for a massage with a jerk off ending by mostly mediocre women in a developing country where most people make like $200-300 a month in wages? Just wow. You must be recent expats.
Obviously, I'll need to look around and go off the beaten path because I certainly won't be paying these prices. By the way I've been an expat for many years- Indonesia, Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Russia, etc. Etc. You guys are paying more than in any of these destinations. Makes no sense.
-
Visas
[QUOTE=CaptainSolo;2476720]Alex73.
Vietnam is shut down again after CoVid outbreak in the Nang. All passengers arriving from out of the country must undergo 14-day quarantine. Domestic air passengers from infected areas, like the Nang, have to do 7 days.
Visas have to be applied at consulate prior to departure. Visas on arriving have been very difficult to obtain. Without current visas airlines will deny boarding as they don't want to deal with stranded passengers.[/QUOTE]Vietnam-[URL]visa.com[/URL] is the firm I used to apply for a visa online. I paid for the additional option for fast track processing and to my way of thinking it was well worth the expense to have them get my visa stamped without going through the que myself. I think both the application and fast tracking totaled about $50.00 USD. They offer very professional customer service with excellent English to clarify any questions you may have by e-mail. From the time your application is processed they offer regular updates and reminders about your application along with helpful hints for your trip. If you plan to travel outside the country and return to Vietnam make sure you request the multi entry visa.
While they were arranging to have my visa stamped I bought my SIM card from the kiosk located inside the customs area. I believe it was offered by Viettel. Again they offered very reliable and inexpensive service. I think it was something in the range of $25.00 for thirty days for a 10 gig a day data package. Given that free wifi is offered almost everywhere in Vietnam, it is actually overkill. Packages for sending and receiving texts messages are sold separately and required if you wish to send texts to phone numbers. Skype and other messaging apps will work with a data only package.
A woman I know in Da Nang has been telling me about the atmosphere around the city and country. She and others I have talked to are terrified about the current spread. Vietnamese respect and follow their government's directions and social pressure. Individual rights and freedoms are not open to discussion in situations like a pandemic. I have no doubt in my mind that the Vietnamese government will get this latest outbreak under control in relatively short order. I suspect the general lack of willingness to try to control the pandemic in the U.S, will mean its going to be long long time before Americans will be welcomed back to Vietnam or most other places in Asia for that matter. It's just my thoughts, but those are the differences I feel when comparing a country that stresses individual freedoms to a Communist country, however under normal circumstances you would almost never know you are in a Communist country when you are in Vietnam.
Flu season is coming so be prepared for a long delay before Vietnam is willing to reopen other than to Asian countries with similar records of controlling the virus.