La Vie en Rose
Mondial FKK
Heaven7-saunaclub.de
The Velvet Room

Thread: Crime, Safety, and the Police

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1739
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #1739
    How does one dial 078 with a US phone. ? What sort of response have people been getting from the tourist info employees. Also do they have any authority and how much good does it do....?

    Earlier this year I was in the alley and cops stopped and searched me for no reason. The outrageous thing was that when I tried pulling out my cell phone and wallet they objected. It's unbelievable they use this bogus excuse that they need to search your wallet. The funny part was that they were disappointed when they did not find anything on me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomjackin  [View Original Post]
    It was Wednesday night, the weather was nice, and I decided to walk back to Hotel Ticuan and check out the action on Rev.

    I was walking up on Constitucion while headed to Primera. There were plenty of other men walking the same sidewalk, but I was the only Gringo.

    A monkey car passed me going the opposite direction and I thought to myself, "Fuck me!" Sure as shit, the monkey car stopped. I heard the first monkey yelling, "Sir, sir, sir. " I continued walking.

    Then the second monkey starting yelling for me to stop, which I did. This was the conversation:

    Monkey: Show me your ID.

    Me: Why?

    Monkey: Give me your ID now.

    Me: OK, but why did you stop me?

    Monkey: While looking at my passport card, "What are you doing here?

    Me: I'm a tourist and spending money here to support your economy.

    Second monkey: Come over to the car, we need to search you.

    Me: Why, what did I do wrong?

    Second monkey: We need to check you for drugs.

    Me: I'm a tourist, old, and don't use or buy drugs.

    Second monkey: (Again) Come over to the car, we need to search you.

    Me: I'm sorry, I am still confused why you stopped me.

    At that point, both of the monkeys and I were frustrated. That is when I pulled out my phone and started dialing 078.

    Second monkey: What are you doing?

    Me: I'm calling 078 for tourist assistance.

    Second monkey: You need to respect my job!

    Me: I do respect you and your job, but you also need to respect me.

    Second monkey: OK, you can go, but be careful because this area is dangerous.

    Me: Thank you sir.

    All of the conversation was in English and I was polite the entire time.

    These banners are all over Rev.

  2. #1738
    Quote Originally Posted by BaxterSlade  [View Original Post]
    Great story on how to handle a shakedown. Did they ever get there clammy hands into your pockets?
    No, I was standing on the sidewalk that had an extra high curb. I never stepped down and they never stepped up.

  3. #1737

    Tom J

    Great story on how to handle a shakedown. Did they ever get there clammy hands into your pockets?

  4. #1736

    Got stopped for no reason; as usual.

    It was Wednesday night, the weather was nice, and I decided to walk back to Hotel Ticuan and check out the action on Rev.

    I was walking up on Constitucion while headed to Primera. There were plenty of other men walking the same sidewalk, but I was the only Gringo.

    A monkey car passed me going the opposite direction and I thought to myself, "Fuck me!" Sure as shit, the monkey car stopped. I heard the first monkey yelling, "Sir, sir, sir. " I continued walking.

    Then the second monkey starting yelling for me to stop, which I did. This was the conversation:

    Monkey: Show me your ID.

    Me: Why?

    Monkey: Give me your ID now.

    Me: OK, but why did you stop me?

    Monkey: While looking at my passport card, "What are you doing here?

    Me: I'm a tourist and spending money here to support your economy.

    Second monkey: Come over to the car, we need to search you.

    Me: Why, what did I do wrong?

    Second monkey: We need to check you for drugs.

    Me: I'm a tourist, old, and don't use or buy drugs.

    Second monkey: (Again) Come over to the car, we need to search you.

    Me: I'm sorry, I am still confused why you stopped me.

    At that point, both of the monkeys and I were frustrated. That is when I pulled out my phone and started dialing 078.

    Second monkey: What are you doing?

    Me: I'm calling 078 for tourist assistance.

    Second monkey: You need to respect my job!

    Me: I do respect you and your job, but you also need to respect me.

    Second monkey: OK, you can go, but be careful because this area is dangerous.

    Me: Thank you sir.

    All of the conversation was in English and I was polite the entire time.

    These banners are all over Rev.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180718_233934.jpg‎  

  5. #1735
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMan54  [View Original Post]
    Us drivers license or passport card count as ID in Mexico?
    Yes either one should be good. I have heard stories of corrupt cops trying to hold on to your ID as a form of ransom. So once I'm settled in I keep my passport card in the safe and carry an expired DL as ID.

  6. #1734

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomjackin  [View Original Post]
    Agree! And, this is a great reason to get the passport CARD. I never carry my passport into Mexico. I just got stopped while walking last night; more to follow.
    You guys are a lot of help on this board thank you!

  7. #1733
    Quote Originally Posted by BaxterSlade  [View Original Post]
    Not necessarily a passport but you must carry ID.
    Agree! And, this is a great reason to get the passport CARD. I never carry my passport into Mexico. I just got stopped while walking last night; more to follow.

  8. #1732
    Quote Originally Posted by BaxterSlade  [View Original Post]
    Not necessarily a passport but you must carry ID.
    Us drivers license or passport card count as ID in Mexico?

  9. #1731
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMan54  [View Original Post]
    Once you have crossed the border do you need to have your passport on you at all times?
    Not necessarily a passport but you must carry ID.

  10. #1730
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryMan54  [View Original Post]
    Once you have crossed the border do you need to have your passport on you at all times?
    Not specifically your passport but you are required by law to carry government issued identification at all times so carry at least your drivers license. If you are stopped and searched and don't have an ID on you you're definitely going to get threatened with jail unless you can pay a cash fine on the spot.

  11. #1729

    Passport.

    Once you have crossed the border do you need to have your passport on you at all times?

  12. #1728
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTallMan  [View Original Post]
    So true, it will never stop as it is in the DNA of every person with any level of power in Mexico. This IS part of their culture, this is why Mexico will never be a part of the current world, they are and will always be a shit hole of a country.

    Some will take offense to this but pull off the blinders and see it for what it is.

    Sad but true.

    TTM.
    Absolutely. Mexicans when they get to know you can have big hearts. But their society has little regard for civility on how they treat strangers that they'll never see again. Theft is built into their way of life. Even amongst "friends. " All one needs to observe is a typical 4-stop sign intersection. In the USA, motorists at an intersection will allow the vehicle that arrived first to proceed first 90% of the time. In Tijuana, 90% of the time the first vehicle to arrive will not the the first to pass. Another motorist will perform a rolling stop and quickly zip in front of others cars that arrived before. This is the typical "me first" mentality that is prevalent here. Mexico will never progress as a society until they learn to put society above self. I'm not holding my breath.

  13. #1727
    My own belief that police enforcement levels largely depend orders from superiors at some higher levels of government. There is also a certain need to stop violence and ratero activity in the Zona as well. The police do shakedowns when they have the opportunity to do so. Part of the problem is that there is disorganized stratified law enforcement in Mexico. They have the military and the Federale, Then there is state police and municipal police. Each of these have their own supervisors and some say they have separate police radio bands as well. The important thing for us is know when crime and police shake downs are on the rise. The only good thing is that there does not appear to be a significant increase in ratero muggings int eh Zona recently. My guess however is that they increasing in local vicinity of the area however.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcrist0527  [View Original Post]
    Agree, that does seem rosy. But I also do think that the well-being of tourists is at the front of many minds. Consider how much money just us perverts on this board put into the Mexican economy. It is significant. These establishments (HK down to the local tienda) would absolutely call the godfather to maintain their well-being, which is fairly high by Mexican standards.

  14. #1726
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargow20  [View Original Post]
    Have the police been stepping up their random search and shakedowns in the Zona. ? Personally I have only been searched only about 3 times in Tijuana. The odd thing is that one time I went to report a robbery the cops stopped and searched me on the pedestrian street portion of Callle Cohuilla. ?
    It would be nice if Mexico had a 4th Amendment. Hell, the US doesn't even have one anymore.

  15. #1725
    Hard to offend me. LOL I believe there is a lot of truth to what you say. While I don't think it's in the genes, I do believe corruption has infiltrated every aspect of their culture. It will take generations for real change. People with power love what the corruption provides and those that are squashed by it are and will always be resentful.

    And frankly, there is no hope on the horizon.

    It is sad because there are some outstanding qualities in the Mexican people. That is a helluva generalization but I believe it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTallMan  [View Original Post]
    So true, it will never stop as it is in the DNA of every person with any level of power in Mexico. This IS part of their culture, this is why Mexico will never be a part of the current world, they are and will always be a shit hole of a country.

    Some will take offense to this but pull off the blinders and see it for what it is.

    Sad but true.

    TTM.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Samya FKK
fkk tours
Euro Girls Escort
Dubai Bunnies


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape