Top Damas

Thread: American Politics

+ Add Report
Page 31 of 581 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 81 131 531 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 8705
This blog is moderated by Admin
  1. #8255

    Pure gold Allahu Akbar flashing red light

    Quote Originally Posted by EihTooms  [View Original Post]
    Who blamed Reagan for the higher inflation under him than under Biden? I sure didn't. Regarding the higher inflation under Reagan I merely point out the irrefutable historic fact that he deserves zero credit for reversing the upward trend of inflation and establishing a month over month reduction of it. All of the heavy lifting and political risk-taking to accomplish that was done by Carter and his Fed Chairman appointee Paul Volcker and it began almost a year before Reagan took office.

    The courageous political risk-taking in late 1979 and early 1980 was about Volcker doing what Carter appointed him to do; raise Fed Funds / interest rates in order to cool down an overheated economy that was producing many more jobs than there were applicants to take them, triggering a mild, brief, mini controlled recession during an important election year.

    Sound familiar? Yep, that is what Fed Chairman Powell is doing under Biden right now and for the same "good economic problem to have" reason Volcker did.

    The big difference this time is Powell was not originally appointed by a smart, patriotic Dem as Volcker was. He was originally appointed by a numbskull, America-hating Repub. Biden had to re-appoint Powell in order to avoid greater uncertainty re a new Fed Chairman in the midst of the usual economic chaos Repubs produce and hand over to incoming Dems to fix..
    https://www.newsmax.com/politics/bid...15/id/1069972/

    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ka...15/id/1069983/

    Which is why we will work together and continue to work together to address these issues, to tackle these challenges, and to work together as we continue to work.

    Another special Ed Barry Hussein with a teleprompter jajajajaaaaa.

    Some might dare call this her having diarrhea of the mouth.

  2. #8254

    Sure

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    Thats def more like it. I found a very useful resource online which shows excess deaths for nearly all countries worldwide. Excess deaths is a stat that doesn't lie. At least, not in 99% of countries. Let me know if you want the link.

    You can see some countries criminally underreported deaths, e. G. Egypt. It brings usa more in to line w the averages. And makes comparisons fairer.

    Then you can ask why country X performed worse than country why, but it is very difficult to determine the exact cause bco sthere are so many competing factors & age and health being 2 critical ones.
    Sure, send me the link.

    But that's one reason not to use averages, especially of the averages include everybody (which most do). If one excludes "criminally under-reporting" countries (or, rather, just the 20 wealthiest countries), you are comparing "apples-to-apples".

    And I think that when you compare "apples-to-apples" (and I haven't), you will find that the US fared worse than many of those 'rich countries with a similar age profile' to whom they are being compared. But that is a belief, not a fact.

  3. #8253
    Quote Originally Posted by PVMonger  [View Original Post]
    The overall problem is that there is not any kind of "worldwide standard" when it comes to reporting.
    And what to we see when we do that? The US leads the pack. Thttps://www.bbc.com/news/61333847it.
    Thats def more like it. I found a very useful resource online which shows excess deaths for nearly all countries worldwide. Excess deaths is a stat that doesn't lie. At least, not in 99% of countries. Let me know if you want the link.

    You can see some countries criminally underreported deaths, e. G. Egypt. It brings usa more in to line w the averages. And makes comparisons fairer.

    Then you can ask why country X performed worse than country why, but it is very difficult to determine the exact cause bco sthere are so many competing factors & age and health being 2 critical ones.

  4. #8252

    I agree, sort of

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    Although no doubt Chump govt responses did play a part, that was not the largest reason why USA has such a dispropeortionately high death rate compared to the resto of the world. The biggest reason is the manner in which USA counts deaths as COVID deaths compared to many countries, and also the underreporting of deaths associated with COVID in other countries. Both through lack of analysis and deliberate underreporting.
    The overall problem is that there is not any kind of "worldwide standard" when it comes to reporting deaths. The secondary problem is that poorer countries have a hard time reporting deaths at all.

    In my opinion, the best way to determine how the US performed is to compare per capita US COVID deaths to per capita COVID deaths in other wealthy nations with similar age profiles because we know that COVID hits the elderly the hardest.

    And what to we see when we do that? The US leads the pack. Take a look at the last graph in the attached article. https://www.bbc.com/news/61333847 The wingnuts, though, will say this is "fake news" because of the source, even though the data comes from Johns Hopkins University. That's because Tucker "Even my lawyer admitted that nobody in their right mind should believe anything I say" Carlson hasn't said a word about it.

  5. #8251
    Quote Originally Posted by PVMonger  [View Original Post]
    COVID is an American problem in that the USA has about 4% of the world's population and 16% of the world's COVID deaths. That is due, primarily, to the Orange Buffoon's constant lies about COVID, suggestions that people take unproven medications like ivermectin, pushing people to inject disinfectant and shove lightbulbs up their butts. It also hasn't helped that moronic conservatives refuse to get vaccinated..
    Although no doubt Chump govt responses did play a part, that was not the largest reason why USA has such a dispropeortionately high death rate compared to the resto of the world. The biggest reason is the manner in which USA counts deaths as COVID deaths compared to many countries, and also the underreporting of deaths associated with COVID in other countries. Both through lack of analysis and deliberate underreporting.

  6. #8250
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis2008  [View Original Post]
    And here we go again. Covid is not a worldwide problem but an American one. One thing I can always count on you dumb Dems for is being hypocrites. You say inflation was never higher than under Reagan in his first year in office but he gets the blame for it but Biden gets a pass. Yeah, that makes sense...
    Who blamed Reagan for the higher inflation under him than under Biden? I sure didn't. Regarding the higher inflation under Reagan I merely point out the irrefutable historic fact that he deserves zero credit for reversing the upward trend of inflation and establishing a month over month reduction of it. All of the heavy lifting and political risk-taking to accomplish that was done by Carter and his Fed Chairman appointee Paul Volcker and it began almost a year before Reagan took office.

    The courageous political risk-taking in late 1979 and early 1980 was about Volcker doing what Carter appointed him to do; raise Fed Funds / interest rates in order to cool down an overheated economy that was producing many more jobs than there were applicants to take them, triggering a mild, brief, mini controlled recession during an important election year.

    Sound familiar? Yep, that is what Fed Chairman Powell is doing under Biden right now and for the same "good economic problem to have" reason Volcker did.

    The big difference this time is Powell was not originally appointed by a smart, patriotic Dem as Volcker was. He was originally appointed by a numbskull, America-hating Repub. Biden had to re-appoint Powell in order to avoid greater uncertainty re a new Fed Chairman in the midst of the usual economic chaos Repubs produce and hand over to incoming Dems to fix.

    Therefore, it is much more likely that Powell has already and will continue to do way too little or way too much too late or too soon and fuck it up either by accident or intention while such a risk is impossible with a Fed Chairman originally appointed by a Dem.

    No, Reagan was not responsible for that inflation. LOL. How can Repubs whose repeated idiotic economic policies produce Great Repub Recessions that skyrocket unemployment rates or wipe out millions upon millions of jobs cause prices to rise during those times? See "Donald J. Trump" for reference. The resultant inflation from those Great Repub Recessions and massive job losses happen, unavoidably, when the incoming Dem does what is then necessary to recover us from it.

    Neither gas prices, housing values, wages, or job opportunities etc are likely to "go up" during those typical Repub policy results. Look for that to happen only under Great Dem Economic Recovery and Expansion policy results like the one we've had under Biden.

    However, the higher and skyrocketing unemployment rate that accompanied those higher but declining (thanks to Carter) inflation rates under Reagan was all about Reagan and his Repub policies.

  7. #8249

    Of course not.

    Quote Originally Posted by PVMonger  [View Original Post]
    Unfortunately, rightwingnut media didn't report on the first issue and don't have a clue what a "freedom score" is re: the second.
    All we get is anecdotes, posters claiming to have been to certain countries then personal stories of what they allegedly experienced as "evidence" of their political opinions. That's if we are lucky. Usually all we get is assertions with no evidence at all. In the rare instances that we get any links, it will be to unsourced opinion pieces or something like Newsmax or Russian state news.

  8. #8248

    Off the deep end we go

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis2008  [View Original Post]
    And here we go again. Covid is not a worldwide problem but an American one. One thing I can always count on you dumb Dems for is being hypocrites. You say inflation was never higher than under Reagan in his first year in office but he gets the blame for it but Biden gets a pass. Yeah, that makes sense.

    That is fine except the USA is the biggest consumer of oil in the world and has the most effect on the market. So if you have got a world leader who has put climate change first and demonizes our oil companies, the world swing producers, you can smile when you pay at the pump. Just think of that $10 gas as your saving the planet.

    Then there is the Saudis, first or second biggest oil producer in the world. Biden cannot attack them directly (that would be racist) but no matter. The Saudis and OPEC have thumbed their nose at Biden. It is funny how until Biden comes in, POTUS was always respected by the Saudis. Hell, Trump's first foreign visit was to Saudi Arabia because he knew how important they were.

    Then you have Russia, the third largest oil producer, and you dumb Dems have been beside yourselves shouting for regime change and in a contest with yourselves about who can call Putin the most evil. It begs the question who is more evil, Trump or Putin?

    So you Dems have managed to piss off every large oil producer in the world. And instead of pushing for peace, you are going to spend billions more on a war that causes worldwide (got that fool?) prices for food to go up.

    And to top if off, Biden was so friggin clueless, he thought spending money on BBB would cut inflation. I do not dislike all Dems just the dumb ones. Thank God for Manchin and Sinema.

    I cannot wait to see how Biden is going to solve world inflation. Maybe he should talk to JR Rowling of Harry Potter fame and buy a wand and conjure some up oil and food. That is actually a better idea than any that fool has had.

    And now there is a shortage of baby formula? How in the hell do you do that?
    What kind of moron would write "Covid is not a worldwide problem but an American one. "? Evidently the fool who wrote this believes that only Americans have died of COVID and that the 5. 25+ million non-Americans elsewhere just vanished. But didn't he say, at the start of the pandemic, that nobody was actually dying of COVID?

    But COVID is an American problem in that the USA has about 4% of the world's population and 16% of the world's COVID deaths. That is due, primarily, to the Orange Buffoon's constant lies about COVID, suggestions that people take unproven medications like ivermectin, pushing people to inject disinfectant and shove lightbulbs up their butts. It also hasn't helped that moronic conservatives refuse to get vaccinated. But, when you are a stupid Republican, you do stupid things. Like paying money to watch Cheeto Tweeto lie.

    Elvis is another idiot who thinks that Biden should have attacked Russian troops inside Russia before they invaded Ukraine. What a moron.

    And, in attempt to solidify his status as the world's leading idiot, Elvis thinks that babies should just die from drinking contaminated formula. What kind of bozo advocates that? But, as the attached article points out, poor folks and black folks are disproportionally affected by the shortage so I don't know why he is getting his panties in a wad. After all, according to Republicans, those folks are expendable. https://www.axios.com/2022/05/12/bab...hortage-prices.

  9. #8247
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie97  [View Original Post]
    Small but loud minorities of far right kooks in countries such as Austria transition between anti-vax, pro-Putin and Russia to arrays of unfounded conspiracy theories almost seamlessly.

    https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2...war-in-ukraine
    Not so small. LE Pen got over 40%. Quite troubling for an EU country actually.

    The appeal of fascism is stronger than ever, IMHO. Neither Trump's disastrous rule nor Putin's war have made a dent in their collective psyche.

  10. #8246
    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSade1  [View Original Post]
    Remember at the beginning of the pandemic and the right wing hysteria machine was raving about how face mask will erode your personal freedoms? How did that turn out?

    Let's go further back. During the previous mid-terms election, Fox news was reporting about this caravan in the South America and how bad it is for the US? How did that turn out?

    Don't you feel that you are being played?

  11. #8245
    Quote Originally Posted by EihTooms  [View Original Post]
    See, once upon a time back in 2018 a dumbfuck so-called potus decided to defund the CDC and pull all of the Pandemic Prevention and Response teams out of China against all expert advice not to do something so stupid and dangerous, spent all of critical year 2020 lying about an emerging viral spead in ways that seemed designed to accomplish nothing more than turn it into the Trump's Pandemic it surely became while he also spent 4 years lavishing Putin with praise for how brilliant and smart he is, that he has better intel than the USA intel agency "scum" that just doesn't recognize the beauty and logic in, say, killing journalists whose truth-telling about him and other wannabe authoritarian dictators makes them the "enemy of the people" and so on.

    The world would not be in the condition we are in today regarding inflation and that stupid war had it not been for whoever dumbfuck so-called potus pulled that crap.
    And here we go again. Covid is not a worldwide problem but an American one. One thing I can always count on you dumb Dems for is being hypocrites. You say inflation was never higher than under Reagan in his first year in office but he gets the blame for it but Biden gets a pass. Yeah, that makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by PVMonger  [View Original Post]
    Talk about missing the mark!

    Inflation is worldwide. Did you understand that? Worldwide. That means that virtually every country on the planet is affected by it.

    If energy costs are the reason for inflation in the USA as you suggest, then energy costs would have remained stable throughout the rest of the world. They have not, as the following articles point out. The articles talk about energy in terms of electricity cost, natural gas cost and gasoline cost. Although the data is primarily European, the rest of the world suffers, too.
    That is fine except the USA is the biggest consumer of oil in the world and has the most effect on the market. So if you have got a world leader who has put climate change first and demonizes our oil companies, the world swing producers, you can smile when you pay at the pump. Just think of that $10 gas as your saving the planet.

    Then there is the Saudis, first or second biggest oil producer in the world. Biden cannot attack them directly (that would be racist) but no matter. The Saudis and OPEC have thumbed their nose at Biden. It is funny how until Biden comes in, POTUS was always respected by the Saudis. Hell, Trump's first foreign visit was to Saudi Arabia because he knew how important they were.

    Then you have Russia, the third largest oil producer, and you dumb Dems have been beside yourselves shouting for regime change and in a contest with yourselves about who can call Putin the most evil. It begs the question who is more evil, Trump or Putin?

    So you Dems have managed to piss off every large oil producer in the world. And instead of pushing for peace, you are going to spend billions more on a war that causes worldwide (got that fool?) prices for food to go up.

    And to top if off, Biden was so friggin clueless, he thought spending money on BBB would cut inflation. I do not dislike all Dems just the dumb ones. Thank God for Manchin and Sinema.

    I cannot wait to see how Biden is going to solve world inflation. Maybe he should talk to JR Rowling of Harry Potter fame and buy a wand and conjure some up oil and food. That is actually a better idea than any that fool has had.

    And now there is a shortage of baby formula? How in the hell do you do that?

  12. #8244

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie97  [View Original Post]
    Here's your full list of the 57 House Republicans who voted against the recent aid package for Ukraine to defend their democracy. They represent only a small minority of the 210 House Republicans, and with very few exceptions is like a who's who of ill-educated, ill-mannered House conspiracy theorists. Many of the same engaged in treasonous actions surrounding Jan 6.

    https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-5...ne-aid-1705463

    All this while many prop up a murderous rouge country like Russia that has a horrid freedom score of 19 out of 100, and by default their close ally Belarus which is at an astonishingly low 5. Ukraine is at 61, close to Hungary's score, the country that Tucker Carlson so often lifts up as a model for the world. He broadcasted from there for a week. Here's a list of all the countries and scores.

    https://freedomhouse.org/countries/freedom-world/scores
    Unfortunately, rightwingnut media didn't report on the first issue and don't have a clue what a "freedom score" is re: the second.

  13. #8243

    It is the same nonsense in Europe.

    Small but loud minorities of far right kooks in countries such as Austria transition between anti-vax, pro-Putin and Russia to arrays of unfounded conspiracy theories almost seamlessly.

    https://www.euronews.com/my-europe/2...war-in-ukraine

  14. #8242

    Sheesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis2008  [View Original Post]
    Have you dumb Dems been consistent with this? Shit, every two seconds you are assigning economic records to presidents, and here we go again. With inflation, you are buying the Biden bullshit line it wasn't me.

    Your analysis misses the mark because a huge component of inflation is energy, and there were many headlines today about the dumb Dems and their proposals to handle rising fuel costs.

    One was NOPEC, a proposal to sue OPEC. Now that is some brilliant strategy. Suing oil producers. Yeesh.

    Two is cancelling the availability to drill: https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/bid...t-record-highs.

    The Biden administration has canceled one of the most high-profile oil and gas lease sales which was pending before the Department of the Interior, at a time when Americans are suffering from record-high prices at the pump. The DOI's reasoning? A "lack of industry interest in leasing in the area" of more than 1 million acres in the Cook Inlet in Alaska. What's more, the department also halted two leases under consideration in the Gulf of Mexico due to "conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales," according to CBS News.

    "The Department also will not move forward with lease sales 259 and 261 in the Gulf of Mexico region, as a result of delays due to factors including conflicting court rulings that impacted work on these proposed lease sales," said an agency spokesperson..
    Talk about missing the mark!

    Inflation is worldwide. Did you understand that? Worldwide. That means that virtually every country on the planet is affected by it.

    If energy costs are the reason for inflation in the USA as you suggest, then energy costs would have remained stable throughout the rest of the world. They have not, as the following articles point out. The articles talk about energy in terms of electricity cost, natural gas cost and gasoline cost. Although the data is primarily European, the rest of the world suffers, too.

    https://www.oecd.org/coronavirus/en/...on-projections

    https://www.dbresearch.com/PROD/RPS_...6aDZfhlPHRhMIr

    https://www.reuters.com/business/ene...as-2021-09-20/

  15. #8241

    Well

    Here's your full list of the 57 House Republicans who voted against the recent aid package for Ukraine to defend their democracy. They represent only a small minority of the 210 House Republicans, and with very few exceptions is like a who's who of ill-educated, ill-mannered House conspiracy theorists. Many of the same engaged in treasonous actions surrounding Jan 6.

    https://www.newsweek.com/full-list-5...ne-aid-1705463

    All this while many prop up a murderous rouge country like Russia that has a horrid freedom score of 19 out of 100, and by default their close ally Belarus which is at an astonishingly low 5. Ukraine is at 61, close to Hungary's score, the country that Tucker Carlson so often lifts up as a model for the world. He broadcasted from there for a week. Here's a list of all the countries and scores.

    https://freedomhouse.org/countries/freedom-world/scores

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape