escort directory

Thread: Travel to Russia

+ Add Report
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
This blog is moderated by Stravinsky
  1. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by EastGoing  [View Original Post]
    Since I planned to have at least 7-8 travels abroad this year, I contacted a couple of insurance companies to cover me for the whole year against the very most of the problems, if not all, that may occur, one even includes 1000 euros in case of hijacking! Obviously cancellation trips and health concerns are reasonably, if not fully, covered. The travel agent told me that the Russian consulate or whoever grants the visa wanted me to make another insurance from them, because they want one just for my stay up there, my own covers more and longer, so it's not good! So I'll be covered by two companies! Sounds just like one more wallet squeeze, should be some 25 euros expense.
    A sociate of mine discovered in his insurance that in case of being hijacked, he will get daily allowance money from the insurance company. He was not sure if this was to cover costs of food and lodgings by the hijackers, in any case he could not see how to transfer the allowance or claim it for himself. But I guess this is irresponsible discussion.

  2. #39

    Insurance for the length of the stay

    Since I planned to have at least 7-8 travels abroad this year, I contacted a couple of insurance companies to cover me for the whole year against the very most of the problems, if not all, that may occur, one even includes 1000 euros in case of hijacking! Obviously cancellation trips and health concerns are reasonably, if not fully, covered. The travel agent told me that the Russian consulate or whoever grants the visa wanted me to make another insurance from them, because they want one just for my stay up there, my own covers more and longer, so it's not good! So I'll be covered by two companies! Sounds just like one more wallet squeeze, should be some 25 euros expense.

  3. #38

    Visa Itineraries

    Quote Originally Posted by Stravinsky  [View Original Post]
    How do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

    Typically, you must state what city you will visit in advance. What do you say on your visa app? Do you tell them Moscow, and then just take off for the provinces?

    How do hotels react when you show up in the middle of the night, without a reservation. Is that a problem? Will they register you in that city? Or do you just hope that no one asks for your documenti?

    Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.
    Hi Strav,

    The whole itinerary business on the visa is a sham and everyone knows it so there are no consequences for either breaking it or amending it.

    It's a hangover from the old communist-era system which involved actual itineraries with no deviation.

    The system was maintained really as another money-making racket and layer of bureaucracy, as you must purchase these bogus invitations from 'officially accredited' agencies or pay a premium on your hotel accommodation for the privilege.

    Even registration is almost a non-issue these days as it is the responsibility of your host and now only after 7 business days, so if you're moving around, then you have very little to worry about.

    So - publish and be damned!

  4. #37

    Hardcore Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland  [View Original Post]
    Yes I don't use internet dating sites. I have nothing against them and know they cut out much of the leg work it's just that for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me (also I don't like giving the girl all the power ). As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areas. Again for the same reason that I never search google images of a town before I arrive, I like the not knowing. I can't tell you what a relief it can be when you are in the ass end of Mordovia or Komi and see an old run down Soviet hotel in the distance. It's like a castaway seeing a ship on the horizon. I don't know, I think the reason I can do it is because I can find beauty in the ugliness. I don't visit just for women, I have an interest in the country and it's architecture so I get a kick out of visiting an old stolovaya or un-remonted hotel that shows signs of it's Soviet past. If I did not have those constant little heart lifting moments every day I could never do it, the hardness of the place would crush me.
    Hats off, Borderland, I have to confess to loving the spirit involved here.

    I used to travel in a similar vein but for financial reasons these days, I prefer to use the Interweb to sort out the best value accommodation deal that I'm happy with.

    Sometimes I'll wing it but I definitely wouldn't chance arriving at that hour with no advance booking.

    But I love the concept and also the philosophical description you provide above.

    Like Prosal and yourself, I also like to travel without any particular female contacts and take my chances in local hostelries, etc, but with some knowledge of the local bordello or whatever in my kitbag as back-up...

  5. #36

    Moscow in the Summer

    First trip to Russia and am already excited. Will stay in Petroff Palace for 3 nights and then need to find an apartment. Is it easy to visit an agency whilst in Moscow. I guess there must be loads of places for rent in the summer.am quite to ride the Metro.

    Apart from women I am going for the world athletics championships. It's on for 9 days.got the fever visiting the Olympics here in London. But we're I paid 450 for one prime seat in London (rip off).I have bought 2 tickets for all 9 days. Day and night- costing me a mammoth total of 132 and I got to choose my seats. Who said Moscow is all bad. I aim to meet mamba housewives, divorcees in the 35 to 55 age group! Any advice on clubs for the more mature lady?

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravinsky  [View Original Post]
    How do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

    Typically, you must state what city you will visit in advance. What do you say on your visa app? Do you tell them Moscow, and then just take off for the provinces?

    How do hotels react when you show up in the middle of the night, without a reservation. Is that a problem? Will they register you in that city? Or do you just hope that no one asks for your documenti?

    Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.
    The visa situation has not been a problem so far. I put Moscow and the name of some cities in the general area of where my trip will take me (I may or may not actually visit those cities on a trip) and have had no problems. Hotels are happy to have me and my money and register me without trouble. Having said this I have so far never been to the Russian Caucus republics so I don't know how I would be received down there. I know some towns have restrictions or need to be listed on the visa (I think Rostov and Pyatigorsk and Mineralnaya Vody are southern towns which have some restrictions ).

    What I will advise however as a good way to go about things and a comfortable compromise in the provincial areas is to base yourself in a decent city, somewhere with decent places to eat,a decent apartment to rent,good nightlife etc. and then use that as a base to explore the more off the track towns. That way you can dip in and out of hellish towns ( they are usually not hellish at all in fairness and actually quite pleasant ) when you want whilst still having a comfy enough home base.

  7. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland  [View Original Post]
    As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areas
    How do you get around all the visa restrictions when you are freewheeling around Russia?

    Typically, you must state what city you will visit in advance. What do you say on your visa app? Do you tell them Moscow, and then just take off for the provinces?

    How do hotels react when you show up in the middle of the night, without a reservation. Is that a problem? Will they register you in that city? Or do you just hope that no one asks for your documenti?

    Finding willing women in Mineralnye Vody is not a problem, but I'm interested to know how you deal with the visa situation.

  8. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland  [View Original Post]
    for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me
    +1. I also prefer to leave without pre-contacts. It's definitely more fun and more exalting. When you travel, it's the unexpected that gives you thrills. That said, it requires a dose of self-confidence and a thirst of aventure that most guys don't have.

  9. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Gergiev  [View Original Post]
    Great description there, Borderland.

    But do you mean arriving entirely 'cold' at 2am with no prior contact over the Internet with any lady or hotel?

    I've done a little bit of this but usually arrive earlier in the day / evening and at the least have a place to stay organised.

    Not even our old friend Bez or many of the hardy regulars on this site would contemplate this kind of endurance challenge! .
    Yes I don't use internet dating sites. I have nothing against them and know they cut out much of the leg work it's just that for me the adventure is not knowing what will await me (also I don't like giving the girl all the power ). As for hotels I only ever book them when I'm in Moscow, I never have booked one in the provincial areas. Again for the same reason that I never search google images of a town before I arrive, I like the not knowing. I can't tell you what a relief it can be when you are in the ass end of Mordovia or Komi and see an old run down Soviet hotel in the distance. It's like a castaway seeing a ship on the horizon. I don't know, I think the reason I can do it is because I can find beauty in the ugliness. I don't visit just for women, I have an interest in the country and it's architecture so I get a kick out of visiting an old stolovaya or un-remonted hotel that shows signs of it's Soviet past. If I did not have those constant little heart lifting moments every day I could never do it, the hardness of the place would crush me.

  10. #31

    Twilight Zone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland  [View Original Post]
    The thing is that that opportunity is found in off the beaten track towns. Irkutsk, Nizhny, Ufa, E'katburg etc. Is not off the track.

    You need to get off the train at nondescript stations in the middle of the night having no idea what you will find there. Sometimes there is a restaurant and a place to stay and sometimes you end up knocking on a babushka's door asking to sleep on her sofa. Sometimes you have a total wasted journey and sometimes you strike a little vein of gold. The problem though is it is pretty brutal especially for the solo traveller. You have to be a masochist to put up with it. You step off the train onto a platform of Gopniks with hard stares and you ask yourself why the fuck you came.

    I've pulled into provincial hell holes at 2 am, looked out the window at some industrial hell hole and my legs have been shaking with adrenalin, my internal dialogue begging me not to get off the train. However you force yourself out into the cold and within an hour you have usually managed to find a place to sleep and your mind is already making plans for the debauchery that lays ahead.
    Great description there, Borderland.

    But do you mean arriving entirely 'cold' at 2am with no prior contact over the Internet with any lady or hotel?

    I've done a little bit of this but usually arrive earlier in the day/evening and at the least have a place to stay organised.

    Not even our old friend Bez or many of the hardy regulars on this site would contemplate this kind of endurance challenge!

  11. #30
    I have joined the debate a little late but what I will say is that prices for everything in the provinces are very reasonable and so for the guys who want the Russian experience but feel they missed the boat and don't want to spend Moscow prices then go and seek out your Arcadia because it is waiting for the intrepid. The problem is you really need conversational Russian to get the most out of it. It can be done without knowing the language but you'll get into more adventures, especially nocturnal ones with it. I'm not big into pro's to be honest but I have dabbled when I have failed with regular girls. The girls in the provinces are available for not a lot for the hour but you need to know how to do it. The problem is the way to find a pro in the provinces is through a taxi driver. Every taxi driver knows girls and will arrange them so it's not an issue. The problem is he will want his cut as no doubt will the pimp / dispatcher. So the fact is you have to pay the full rate the first time. This can be anything up to $80 depending on how much they think they can get out of you and then the apartment rental for the hour which will be over the top. The key is that when you bang the girl in the apartment you have to get her number off of her, some will give it, some won't, most will however if you tell them you will be in town for a while and want to repeat. You have to use some game though to pull it off as they might be taking a risk if found out. Once you have her personal number you are in. Then you will get the lowest price because nobody needs a cut. You can expect to pay $40 for an hour. Something else to bare in mind is that the girls are not the model types you find in Moscow clubs. They are usually just average looking chicks trying to make some cash, not necessarily anything hotter then you get back home to be honest. However they make up for that with usually good attitudes and often enjoy the chance to meet and screw a well turned out foreigner. If you play it right you can get her to introduce you to more of her semi-pro friends who want to make a few extra $. The thing is that that opportunity is found in off the beaten track towns. Irkutsk, Nizhny, Ufa, E'katburg etc. Is not off the track. You need to get off the train at nondescript stations in the middle of the night having no idea what you will find there. Sometimes there is a restaurant and a place to stay and sometimes you end up knocking on a babushka's door asking to sleep on her sofa. Sometimes you have a total wasted journey and sometimes you strike a little vein of gold. The problem though is it is pretty brutal especially for the solo traveller. You have to be a masochist to put up with it. You step off the train onto a platform of Gopniks with hard stares and you ask yourself why the fuck you came. I've pulled into provincial hell holes at 2 am, looked out the window at some industrial hell hole and my legs have been shaking with adrenalin, my internal dialogue begging me not to get off the train. However you force yourself out into the cold and within an hour you have usually managed to find a place to sleep and your mind is already making plans for the debauchery that lays ahead.

    Udachi.

  12. #29
    Prosal,

    Waiting for the "second dream" to come true, start watching this:

    http://www.google.ru/intl/ru/landing/transsib/en.html

    I don't have a clue about how it may work with stops and the rest,"luckily" I don't have 90 or 180 girls waiting for me, and I agree that most of people who did it just did it to brag about, probably without doing the most of it. Anyway, let's go step by step, maybe one day we'll make it together, LOL, so far I still have to manage for my Volga cruise. And I found out that I must survive mosquitos! LOL!

  13. #28
    мол-о-дец о-гур-ец! (Jolly Good Fellow!)

    Of course, we will be waiting to read your reports. . .

  14. #27

    Moscitos

    Quote Originally Posted by EastGoing  [View Original Post]
    Guys, I'm so excited! The "dream" will come true! Yesterday I made all the researches, today I made all the phone-calls, tomorrow I'll start the whole procedure: rivercruise including 3 days in Moscow and 4 in Saint-Petersburg, total 12 days. Single cabin, flight, visa, all for about 1800 euros. With the money I'll save out of mongering it's more than free! LOL! Anyway, if I can find time and energy, I'll try at least 1 shot in the 2 big cities (moral obbligation). I can't wait! Bloody forum doesn't allow more than one punctuation mark, I would have filled the page!
    If it is summer moscitoes will eat you alive.

  15. #26

    The Dream will come true

    Guys, I'm so excited! The "dream" will come true! Yesterday I made all the researches, today I made all the phone-calls, tomorrow I'll start the whole procedure: rivercruise including 3 days in Moscow and 4 in Saint-Petersburg, total 12 days. Single cabin, flight, visa, all for about 1800 euros. With the money I'll save out of mongering it's more than free! LOL! Anyway, if I can find time and energy, I'll try at least 1 shot in the 2 big cities (moral obbligation). I can't wait! Bloody forum doesn't allow more than one punctuation mark, I would have filled the page!

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Top Damas


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape