escort directory

Thread: Stupid shit in Medellin

+ Add Report
Page 159 of 282 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 4224
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #1854

    Hear hear

    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I am not anti-vax. I am anti hypocritical bullshit. My country has a history of preaching one thing and practicing another. You better not have slaves and treat people bad, meanwhile we are over here with slaves and treating people bad. Where did Adolf Hitler say he got his way of doing things? He just followed the example of America.

    They fill the population with BS to get them to do what they want. Why is it not mandatory for the mfs that are making laws for everyone to be vaccinated to be vaccinated themselves? That is some red flag do what we say and not what we do stuff to me.

    Why was everybody heros for going out bravely working during the pandemic when there was no vaccine to speak of, and now those same people are billed as selfish pieces of shit not even worthy of having a job when they want to forego taking the vaccine and risking their own lives same as before? Same as me being a military veteran. Thanks for your service to the country, but fuck you you do not deserve shit because you don't want to take a vaccine.

    This kind of shit just gets my goat. I am called free as long as I am doing what you are making me do. The minute I no longer want to follow the path that I am pushed into, freedom REVOKED! The pandemic has definitely shown me that this freedom rhetoric is definitely a sham.
    https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/22/l...arian-control/

  2. #1853

    Awesome quote

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy. " ― Chris Hedges.
    Chris Hedges is a very intelligent writer.

  3. #1852
    Quote Originally Posted by FunLuvr  [View Original Post]
    Please list any member of the "right-wing" who is advocating for others to not get vaccinated. As for politics, this is what Kamala Harris said about the vaccine in the Vice Presidential debate in October of last year "If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it.".
    Tucker Carlson is one. To anyone outsdie the USA, Kamala Harris is also right wing. And Joe Biden. They certainly lie like right wingers.

  4. #1851
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I am not anti-vax. I am anti hypocritical bullshit. My country has a history of preaching one thing and practicing another. You better not have slaves and treat people bad, meanwhile we are over here with slaves and treating people bad. Where did Adolf Hitler say he got his way of doing things? He just followed the example of America.

    They fill the population with BS to get them to do what they want. Why is it not mandatory for the mfs that are making laws for everyone to be vaccinated to be vaccinated themselves? That is some red flag do what we say and not what we do stuff to me.

    Why was everybody heros for going out bravely working during the pandemic when there was no vaccine to speak of, and now those same people are billed as selfish pieces of shit not even worthy of having a job when they want to forego taking the vaccine and risking their own lives same as before? Same as me being a military veteran. Thanks for your service to the country, but fuck you you do not deserve shit because you don't want to take a vaccine..
    Some thoughts about your rant.

    If you do some checking you will find many who are supporting vaccination posted publicly when they were vaccinated. But to turn it around why is it acceptable for someone who got the vaccine to urge people to not get vaccinated. I believe you'll find that is much more common than what you suggested.

    Maybe there were some drastic changes between when I served and when you served. When I was in boot camp. They didn't ask me how I wanted my hair cut, didn't ask what style of uniforms I wanted to wear and didn't ask which vaccines I wanted. They didn't even tell me which vaccines I was receiving. They also didn't ask if my wisdom teeth were causing me any problem. They just told me they were going to remove them. So the idea that members of the military should be allowed to make decisions about vaccines is completely foreign to me.

    When you swear the oath, you hand your balls to the government, knowing they are under no obligation to return them.

    Most people don't understand freedom. What they want instead of freedom, which you already have, is freedom from consequences. Anything you can imagine you have the freedom to attempt. However, others and society have the freedom to halt your attempt, or impose consequences. The consequences are often not equitably applied, but they are there.

    You're free not to get vaccinated, but like everything else, there may be consequences. Just about everywhere has rules about acceptable behavior, acceptable speech, acceptable clothing, even acceptable extracurricular activities. If you're on a flight bound for Barranquilla and it turns around because some passenger is exercising his freedom which is against airline regulations, are you going to be mad at the airline for restricting freedom, or at the guy who started screaming about having to wear a mask?

    A white supervisor at my company was just fired this week for a remark he made to a black employee. I didn't witness the exchange, and I don't know if his meaning was racist, but what he said certainly qualifies as racist language. What are your thoughts about his freedom?

    One final not. Didn't you post something about using someone else's Covid test results, and about faking a vaccination card? I either fundamentally different from someone who is unvaccinated mandating vaccination?

  5. #1850
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveItHere69  [View Original Post]
    Oh, wonderful doctors who created the super bacteria by prescribing antibiotics for everything, even a scratch. Doctors give antibiotics for the flu, and yet the flu is a virus not a bacteria. The flu can cause other problems which do require antibiotics. I have talked to several nurses about this and they say the doctor gives the fussy parent the antibiotic as a placebo just to get the parent and the kid out the door. Kids lose their teeth all the time with no problems. Now dentists hand out antibiotics for that. I never had an infection from a pulled or lost tooth.

    The reason doctors are always late is that they are busy talking to pharmaceutical sales representatives in the hallway between patients. My cousin was a new pharmaceutical sales representative 20 years ago. He was given a company credit card with $35,000 to spend on the receptionist, nurses, and doctors on flowers, food, etc. He could get in trouble if he did not spend the money. Pharma buying doctors and ethics there. Does the opioid crisis ring a bell?

    Doctors implanting basketball sized silicone boobs. That even defies all sense of logic. Doctors take several ethics classes so how the hell do silicone boobs even exist in the first place?

    Doctors have no common sense now like in the days of the past. The doctors used to ask tons of questions to help solve the problem. Now the doctor asks maybe 3 questions and then it is off to get a ton of X-rays, crap and urine tests, and a whole plethora of blood tests. I would take a doctor practicing in the 60's, 70's, or 80's before any of the current doctors out there.
    I have 3 doctors, a family practice doctor and 2 specialists. I've never had one of them be late. My last visit I was called in before I could fill out the questionnaire, and I had arrived 20 minutes early. Each of them ask several questions and take the time to discuss my condition, treatment and where we are headed.

    I've had doctors like you described, but I replace any who don't meet my needs.

    As for why there are silicone implants, I know of one reason. My wife had a double radical mastectomy. Which means her breasts were completely removed. She was given implants, which allowed her to retain her feminine shape.

    If you want to go off on a rant, why don't you mention ED drugs, hair loss drugs and therapies and all the rest?

  6. #1849
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClayton  [View Original Post]
    I don't hate those cops and firemen who are refusing the vaccine on the grounds of "personal freedom", I just think they're being incredibly stupid. They are victims of this pernicious anti-vaccine propaganda, which is being promulgated by the right wing for purely political reasons.
    Please list any member of the "right-wing" who is advocating for others to not get vaccinated. As for politics, this is what Kamala Harris said about the vaccine in the Vice Presidential debate in October of last year "If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I'm not taking it.".

  7. #1848
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    I hope I did a reasonable job of supporting my position too.
    I would probably want you on my debate team (as long as we did not physically have to be in the same room) because you were able to come up with some ideas to support a position that is just plain unsustainable, wrong, and dangerous. Your analogies in your prior post were completely ridiculous because learning disabled people getting run over is not contagious and viruses ARE. But you don't care about who you infect as all your arguments are based on what's best for YOU and your fringy beliefs about vivisection and whatnot.

  8. #1847

    Example

    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    Where did Adolf Hitler say he got his way of doing things? He just followed the example of America.
    And that of the Ottomans regarding the Armenians.

  9. #1846
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    My country has a history of preaching one thing and practicing another.
    I am called free as long as I am doing what you are making me do. The minute I no longer want to follow the path that I am pushed into, freedom REVOKED! The pandemic has definitely shown me that this freedom rhetoric is definitely a sham.
    "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy. " ― Chris Hedges.

  10. #1845
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClayton  [View Original Post]
    Especially in the case of these (mRNA) vaccines (and I'm speaking as a medical doctor with a background in public health).
    Oh, wonderful doctors who created the super bacteria by prescribing antibiotics for everything, even a scratch. Doctors give antibiotics for the flu, and yet the flu is a virus not a bacteria. The flu can cause other problems which do require antibiotics. I have talked to several nurses about this and they say the doctor gives the fussy parent the antibiotic as a placebo just to get the parent and the kid out the door. Kids lose their teeth all the time with no problems. Now dentists hand out antibiotics for that. I never had an infection from a pulled or lost tooth.

    The reason doctors are always late is that they are busy talking to pharmaceutical sales representatives in the hallway between patients. My cousin was a new pharmaceutical sales representative 20 years ago. He was given a company credit card with $35,000 to spend on the receptionist, nurses, and doctors on flowers, food, etc. He could get in trouble if he did not spend the money. Pharma buying doctors and ethics there. Does the opioid crisis ring a bell?

    Doctors implanting basketball sized silicone boobs. That even defies all sense of logic. Doctors take several ethics classes so how the hell do silicone boobs even exist in the first place?

    Doctors have no common sense now like in the days of the past. The doctors used to ask tons of questions to help solve the problem. Now the doctor asks maybe 3 questions and then it is off to get a ton of X-rays, crap and urine tests, and a whole plethora of blood tests. I would take a doctor practicing in the 60's, 70's, or 80's before any of the current doctors out there.

  11. #1844

    Hear hear

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClayton  [View Original Post]
    I have the same reaction at being told what to do (maybe we all do). It certainly applies to anything my wife tells me to do, or on the occasions that someone has threatened to sue me or punch me unless I obeyed them, my inclination is to resist. However, as I'm sure you will admit, it clearly can be a non productive reaction. Especially in the case of these (mRNA) vaccines (and I'm speaking as a medical doctor with a backround in public health):

    1) The vaccines are amazing. Almost 3 billion people have been fully vaccinated and the adverse effects have been more closely monitored than any drug or vaccine in history. They are incredibly safe and amazingly (in the case of the mRNA vaccines) effective.

    2) The vaccines make your immune system stronger. They make you a stronger human being.

    3) For all our beliefs about free will, individualism, etc, really, we are part of humanity. This is not just about our personal health. We prosper when humanity prospers. When this disease appeared, we had the brief opportunity to join with all other humans in all other countries and crush it completely out of existance. That's what we did with SARS 1. It is clearly in our interest that we vaccinate as many people on earth. That includes all the poor parts of Africa, Asia, South America -- because it's in our interest. Look at how dead this site has been for the last twenty months -- we want to travel freely and party in Thailand, or the DR, we clearly want this disease to be beaten into submission. We should be paying for the vaccines there because it is good for us. I know we like to believe we are independent, but really, from an epidemiological point of view, we need to protect everyone to protect ourselves.

    I don't hate those cops and firemen who are refusing the vaccine on the grounds of "personal freedom", I just think they're being incredibly stupid. They are victims of this pernicious anti-vaccine propaganda, which is being promulgated by the right wing for purely political reasons.
    https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/17/l...onomy-matters/

  12. #1843
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    ...I am called free as long as I am doing what you are making me do. The minute I no longer want to follow the path that I am pushed into, freedom REVOKED! The pandemic has definitely shown me that this freedom rhetoric is definitely a sham.
    I have the same reaction at being told what to do (maybe we all do). It certainly applies to anything my wife tells me to do, or on the occasions that someone has threatened to sue me or punch me unless I obeyed them, my inclination is to resist. However, as I'm sure you will admit, it clearly can be a non productive reaction. Especially in the case of these (mRNA) vaccines (and I'm speaking as a medical doctor with a backround in public health):

    1) The vaccines are amazing. Almost 3 billion people have been fully vaccinated and the adverse effects have been more closely monitored than any drug or vaccine in history. They are incredibly safe and amazingly (in the case of the mRNA vaccines) effective.

    2) The vaccines make your immune system stronger. They make you a stronger human being.

    3) For all our beliefs about free will, individualism, etc, really, we are part of humanity. This is not just about our personal health. We prosper when humanity prospers. When this disease appeared, we had the brief opportunity to join with all other humans in all other countries and crush it completely out of existance. That's what we did with SARS 1. It is clearly in our interest that we vaccinate as many people on earth. That includes all the poor parts of Africa, Asia, South America -- because it's in our interest. Look at how dead this site has been for the last twenty months -- we want to travel freely and party in Thailand, or the DR, we clearly want this disease to be beaten into submission. We should be paying for the vaccines there because it is good for us. I know we like to believe we are independent, but really, from an epidemiological point of view, we need to protect everyone to protect ourselves.

    I don't hate those cops and firemen who are refusing the vaccine on the grounds of "personal freedom", I just think they're being incredibly stupid. They are victims of this pernicious anti-vaccine propaganda, which is being promulgated by the right wing for purely political reasons.

  13. #1842
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    On a personal note, I have mentioned here before but not to you directly, I am against taking the vax. This is bcos I am anti-vivisection and I do not want to support industries that conduct animal testing.
    I am not anti-vax. I am anti hypocritical bullshit. My country has a history of preaching one thing and practicing another. You better not have slaves and treat people bad, meanwhile we are over here with slaves and treating people bad. Where did Adolf Hitler say he got his way of doing things? He just followed the example of America.

    They fill the population with BS to get them to do what they want. Why is it not mandatory for the mfs that are making laws for everyone to be vaccinated to be vaccinated themselves? That is some red flag do what we say and not what we do stuff to me.

    Why was everybody heros for going out bravely working during the pandemic when there was no vaccine to speak of, and now those same people are billed as selfish pieces of shit not even worthy of having a job when they want to forego taking the vaccine and risking their own lives same as before? Same as me being a military veteran. Thanks for your service to the country, but fuck you you do not deserve shit because you don't want to take a vaccine.

    This kind of shit just gets my goat. I am called free as long as I am doing what you are making me do. The minute I no longer want to follow the path that I am pushed into, freedom REVOKED! The pandemic has definitely shown me that this freedom rhetoric is definitely a sham.

  14. #1841
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    Its good that we can have this conversation. I want to think about the thought experiment you posed at the end. But in the meantime I wanted to make a couple of comments:

    "One of my buddies was diagnosed with ALS. ".

    What about my buddy who has learning difficiculties. If I let him out in to the streets alone, there is a good chance he will get run over. Shall we ban cars so that we can protect him and others like him?

    (This is a totally inviented hypothetical BTW. I am just trying to identify if there is any material difference between the scenarios.).

    Or here's another. Some people are allergic to bee stings. Shall we eradicate all bees from urban areas to protect them?

    There are always situations where some people are at greater risk than others. Is it fair to make the mitigation of their risk encumbent upon others?

    The second thing I want to say is that I think Marcus Aurelius was one of the greatest. Superb thinker amd moralist for his time.
    I'm sure others will point this out to you, but neither learning disabilities, nor bee stings are contagious. If your hypothetical friend is hit by a car, the driver isn't going to infect everyone he comes in contact with, with learning disabilities. That only happens at political rallies.

    Instead try this:

    Last year I had strep throat while in Medellin. The girl who transmitted it to me, admitted afterwards she had been sick, but didn't want to miss seeing me (or seeing my money). With antibiotics, strep has a contagious period of about 24 hours if you take antibiotics, about 2 weeks without antibiotics.

    Should everyone else stay home for 2 weeks to prevent infection because I don't want to take antibiotics? Or should I either take antibiotics and stay home for a day, or for 2 weeks if I choose not to take the antibiotics?

    It's not an entirely accurate analogy, but at least it's a discussion of relatable situations.

    With strep throat at least it's usually easy to know what you have. So going out, or taking antibiotics is pretty clear cut decision. With Covid there's a good chance you have no idea whether or not you're contagious, or whether someone else is. Some cases are mild enough nobody considers being tested. Some people believe they have a complete natural immunity (which hasn't been tested). In some cases none of the symptoms match up with what anyone expects and Covid isn't considered a possibility, which is what happened to me.

    There's also the problem of not knowing the risk for the people infected by the people who you might infect.

  15. #1840
    Quote Originally Posted by Villainy  [View Original Post]
    Let's take your "approach" and play it out just a little, shall we? Let's say everyone in the world was just like you. Oh wait. There wouldn't be a world because small-pox, polio, and every other plague known to man would have decimated the world's population to near nothingness.
    You must be a vegan or maybe just a vegetarian? I am BTW. So why spend your time rationalizing the avoidance of a vaccine that is saving millions of lives, when you would use your energy to attack the food factories that torture and abuse animals in order to make oversized profits and generally damage the health of the end users?
    If you really wanted to do some good you would make generous and extra generous donations to PETA or similar organizations, instead of tilting at windmills. Oh and I'm sure you're aware that animal testing is disappearing rapidly given the advances in technology which have led to the cloning of human cells for use in testing.
    BTW I didn't see the need to call you names. I strongly disagree with most of what you say but we can disagree as adults without resorting to childish insults, right Elvis and MarquisdeSade1?
    No, you didn't insult me. But you did strawman my position and loaded your response w a heavy dose of sarcasm. (shrug) No worries, I have broad shoulders.

    If everyone adopted my approach. Pharma would produce medicines that have not been tested on animals, so no extra diseases would exist. The world would be populated with just as many healthy people, but with more happy animals. Hehe. As you agree, animal testing is going to become a thing of the past.

    I am a vegan, and I do dedicate my time to veganism. I am a vegan activist and I run a popular vegan website directory (volunteer work for 15+ years). My business donates to PETA, various shark alliances and seahorse conservancies. Thanks for the advise though.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Top Damas


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape