Perla Negra

Thread: Havana

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 385 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 5774
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #5774
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH  [View Original Post]
    He is confident, because he is there 24/7. I was just there 2 weeks ago, and did not have any issues seeing or buying any of the things you say is missing in Havana, and that's with going through the tornado, everything was status quo!
    Okay great, maybe the shortages are confined to Ciego de Avila.

  2. #5773
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDown  [View Original Post]
    You seem pretty confident of yourself. I was just passing on some useful information from boots on the ground, you see, I talk to Cuba everyday and I have a pretty good idea what is going on. Good luck.
    He is confident, because he is there 24/7. I was just there 2 weeks ago, and did not have any issues seeing or buying any of the things you say is missing in Havana, and that's with going through the tornado, everything was status quo!

  3. #5772
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDown  [View Original Post]
    "But, January 2019 has already come to an end and there still isn't a solution in sight. In fact, things have just got worse. Now, we'll have to go back to seeking out healers with their mystic prayers and herbal medicines.

    Mayari's Mercado Ideal market is now further away than it ever has been from standing up to its name. It seemed like a joke before, sarcasm with its exorbitant prices, which bear no relation to working people's salaries in any way. For example, a pound of chicken costs you two 8-hour working days on a minimum salary.

    However, that isn't our biggest problem anymore. Right now, practically nothing is being sold, only rice and tomato puree (300 ML for 33 pesos, more than three working days on a minimum salary). There isn't any meat, or chickpeas, or hot dogs, or chocolate, or crackers, or bread being sold. Nothing at all really.

    Hard-currency stores used to be more or less stocked, but they look like wastelands now. There isn't any oil, or deodorant, or perfume at normal prices, or powdered soft drinks, or chicken, ice cream, jams, or a lot of other basic items in high demand. So as not to waste electricity for no reason, they open the doors to answer customers' questions who don't even go in: "Did anything come in?" they ask.

    - source - https://havanatimes.org/?p=148056.
    I totally understand what you shared from havanatimes. I've been living in havana since July 2018, until now. So far, I have not experienced any of these to be honest. Yes, supplies are scarce, but you can always find it at any other stores around the city (most of the time).

  4. #5771
    Quote Originally Posted by DiavelLoco  [View Original Post]
    Not sure whether this is true. I only know they didn't have eggs for a month, but now its back. Soap, laundry detergent and cooking oil are available in the market, in abundance. That I'm quite certain in havana.
    You seem pretty confident of yourself. I was just passing on some useful information from boots on the ground, you see, I talk to Cuba everyday and I have a pretty good idea what is going on. Good luck.


    ... "Hard-currency stores used to be more or less stocked, but they look like wastelands now. There isn't any oil, or deodorant, or perfume at normal prices, or powdered soft drinks, or chicken, ice cream, jams, or a lot of other basic items in high demand. So as not to waste electricity for no reason, they open the doors to answer customers' questions who don't even go in: "Did anything come in?" they ask."

    - source - https://havanatimes.org/?p=148056.

  5. #5770
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDown  [View Original Post]
    FYI. I just talked to my favorite chica in Ciego de Avila, she saying there's a shortage of soap, laundry detergent and Olive Oil for cooking food. I think Cuba imports these via Venezuela.
    Not sure whether this is true. I only know they didn't have eggs for a month, but now its back. Soap, laundry detergent and cooking oil are available in the market, in abundance. That I'm quite certain in havana.

  6. #5769

    Olive Oil

    FYI. I just talked to my favorite chica in Ciego de Avila, she saying there's a shortage of soap, laundry detergent and Olive Oil for cooking food. I think Cuba imports these via Venezuela.

  7. #5768
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH  [View Original Post]
    No doubt, I remember. I might get that quote trademarked and put it on a shirt, to give the chicas, after completion of our sessions!
    Get it printed on a tshirt and bring it next trip. That would be epic!

  8. #5767
    Quote Originally Posted by DiavelLoco  [View Original Post]
    You're different bud. You have fire in the dick, remember?
    No doubt, I remember. I might get that quote trademarked and put it on a shirt, to give the chicas, after completion of our sessions!

  9. #5766

    Havana.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee215  [View Original Post]
    That'd be great, first round on me. I'm in town the weekend of Feb 22, staying in Central Havana near the malecon. I'm only here for 4 days, I just needed something quick to hold me over between last week's trip to Puerto Plata and my upcoming trip to Germany (March).
    I'm there that same weekend lets link up.

  10. #5765
    +1, from the few locals I spoke to a couple weeks ago, they are loving the Americans.

    Mostly because we spend money out there.

  11. #5764
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH  [View Original Post]
    And they LUV the brothas!
    You're different bud. You have fire in the dick, remember?

  12. #5763
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDown  [View Original Post]
    Hahaha, yes they do.
    True that, they love the brothers! Seriously and this is coming for a white, green eyed blond guy, they love the brothers in the island, I observed this first hand.

    I also give a big shout out to all the brothers that were so cool and fun to this tall white green eyed blond when I visited!

    The Tall Man.

  13. #5762
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH  [View Original Post]
    And they LUV the brothas!
    Hahaha, yes they do.

  14. #5761
    Quote Originally Posted by TyDown  [View Original Post]
    Italians. Ffs. Most if not all the chicas I've met in Cuba hate the Italians, they say they stink and treat them like shit. LOL. Even the taxi drivers complain about the Italianos.

    On the other hand, the chicas do like the Gringos, Ruskies and the Englishman.
    And they LUV the brothas!

  15. #5760
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyLemor  [View Original Post]
    I have a question. Every time I see an Italian dude he is always with a tier I girl. I was once in Gunabo and the little restauant town square area was full of what looked to be Italian expats with fine girls. I went to eat at an Italian restaurant in playa or miramar, I thought it was call Bella caio, but I looked up the name on google and the pictures looked different not sure of name now, anyway it was the same Italian type dudes with bad bitches. I stopped by Copacabana hotel in playa same scenario, just Italians chilling by the pool, no gringos around.

    Where do they hang out? I'm thing about staying in playa next visit and learn what's going on. I ain't never seen no Italian or Spaniard dude making the rounds at La rampa, they got to know some spots we don't. You can spot them easy, they all got style an swagged, even the old dudes.
    Italians. Ffs. Most if not all the chicas I've met in Cuba hate the Italians, they say they stink and treat them like shit. LOL. Even the taxi drivers complain about the Italianos.

    On the other hand, the chicas do like the Gringos, Ruskies and the Englishman.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Dubai Bunnies


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape