Sex Vacation
Top Damas

Thread: Medellin Reports

+ Add Report
Page 668 of 3803 FirstFirst ... 168 568 618 658 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 678 718 768 1168 1668 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 57031
This forum thread is moderated by Admin
  1. #47026

    Flower Festival

    I'll be back during the flower festival, does anyone have any recommendations on things to do during.

  2. #47025
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie97  [View Original Post]
    BTW there's middle grounds between fully blending in, which is near impossible for some, and loudly advertising what you are and where you're from. That's where you find common sense and good advice.
    I am not closed minded about it. I try to keep an open mind about things and follow the evidence. "Good advice" should follow the evidence too. I have been here 4 years without ever having a problem in the street, but I would be willing to change my opinion if anyone can show me evidence that foreigners are subject to more street crime than locals. I hear this a lot on social platforms but no one has ever demonstrated it. In fact, the available crime stats show that criminals target Centro and nearby areas, and not Poblado, where rich people and foreigners mostly stay. The opposite of what you allude to. So I just put it down to personal perception of risk until someone can show me otherwise.

  3. #47024
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    Don't matter what you do, you are going to stick out and people will know you are not from there. Wear what you are comfortable in. I am a normal Black guy. Yesterday I was at the beach in Santa Marta. My entire body except for my head and neck was under the water. A 14 year old girl swam up to me and said, "What's up man? What's up bro?" Inside I was dying laughing but I said "Como?" Then she swam off like she was embarrassed.
    On the topic of beaches, any recommendations. I might hop to a coastal city since I'm itching for a beach view but none to be had here in Medellin. Is Santa Marta good? I heard Tayrona is where the nice beaches are at so maybe make a few day trips out of that?

  4. #47023
    Rode my bike through Botero yesterday because it was actually a sunny day and I wanted to ride around town. It has been raining damn near everyday so it was good to get out. Talent was soso. Probably because it was Sunday and early afternoon.

  5. #47022
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddock1  [View Original Post]
    Am I going to need a copy of my passport to check into the ST motels in Centro? I normally don't bring my passport out of the safe with me from Poblado. Any tips on picking up girls in Centro? As a 6'3 white guy with blonde hair is there any hiding the fact that I'm a Gringo,. Thus if I show up in my shorts and t shirt will I be causing myself any undue trouble?
    Some of the ST hotels in El Centro, like the Premium Plaza or Calle Real will not allow you in unless you have an ID and your Chica does which they record in a log. Get a couple of color copies of your Passport and have them laminated to carry with you.

    Unfortunately your going to stick out like a sore thumb in El Centro, so it really doesn't matter what you wear there. Just don't carry anything that your not willing to lose such as a USA smart phone, credit cards, or lots of cash. You won't need much money there anyways.

    Your going to get a lot of attention in El Centro with the blond hair and being so tall, so be prepared for some Chicas, at least the ones that bang foreigners to give you the "eye", and a few may even approach you which is not the "norm" for the locals.

  6. #47021

    Disagree

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTK  [View Original Post]
    I quite like sticking out like a sore thumb. Makes you more approachable. I am not convinced that foreigners are targetted on the street. I think criminals will identify whoever they see as easy victims, doesn't matter where you are from. Vendors though are a different story.
    Foreigners, particularly North Americans and Euros are generally targeted more because they are considered wealthy and more likely to be carrying a good amount of cash and a nice phone. And when a phone and 100 bucks or so is nothing to that foreigner then they are seen as less likely to put up a fight over it. Go ahead and "stick out like a sore thumb" though. Do it your way as everyone ultimately makes their own decisions, while the more vocal posters have usually already made up their minds.

    BTW there's middle grounds between fully blending in, which is near impossible for some, and loudly advertising what you are and where you're from. That's where you find common sense and good advice.

  7. #47020

    Gringo as Sore Thumb: True enough but.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I keep trying to put this blend in myth to bed. Now if a Black dude on the coast where all the Black Colombians are sticks out like a sore thumb with only his head sticking out of the water, really what chance is there for any foreigner walking the street to blend in?
    Seņor Enternational,

    Much truth in what you say, and an entertaining illustration of your point. That said, as a short guy and a gringo, with an anywhere from the Mediterranean type face, when in Medellin every couple of weeks or so I get stopped in the street by a native Paisa who asks me for directions--and then does a double-take when they hear my accent.

  8. #47019
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    Don't matter what you do, you are going to stick out and people will know you are not from there.
    I quite like sticking out like a sore thumb. Makes you more approachable. I am not convinced that foreigners are targetted on the street. I think criminals will identify whoever they see as easy victims, doesn't matter where you are from. Vendors though are a different story.

  9. #47018
    Think I might join you. I haven't done much trawling in MDE for a coupla years and am keen to explore some street life in Centro. 3 nights sounds like a plan. I have another friend here. Will ask him if he wants to join.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrEnternational  [View Original Post]
    I just bought my ticket from Pereira to Medellin a minute ago. I will be there from Friday until Monday. Almost booked a King Room at the Nutibara for $112 for those 3 days. If anybody needs help braving downtown during that time then hit me up.

  10. #47017
    I just bought my ticket from Pereira to Medellin a minute ago. I will be there from Friday until Monday. Almost booked a King Room at the Nutibara for $112 for those 3 days. Came back on here to do some more research though. I am used to only paying 35 K per day at a place I stay in right down the street. If anybody needs help braving downtown during that time then hit me up.

  11. #47016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddock1  [View Original Post]
    As a 6'3 white guy with blonde hair is there any hiding the fact that I'm a Gringo,. Thus if I show up in my shorts and t shirt will I be causing myself any undue trouble?
    Don't matter what you do, you are going to stick out and people will know you are not from there. Wear what you are comfortable in. I am a normal Black guy. Yesterday I was at the beach in Santa Marta. My entire body except for my head and neck was under the water. A 14 year old girl swam up to me and said, "What's up man? What's up bro?" Inside I was dying laughing but I said "Como?" Then she swam off like she was embarrassed.

    A couple of minutes later she swam back over and I talked to her. I told her that I was in fact from the States. She seemed really smart and had her 5 year old brother along who could swim like a fish. My girl also had a conversation with her and found out they are really poor and do not even have electricity in their house.

    I keep trying to put this blend in myth to bed. Now if a Black dude on the coast where all the Black Colombians are sticks out like a sore thumb with only his head sticking out of the water, really what chance is there for any foreigner walking the street to blend in?

  12. #47015

    A recent trip

    I usually do a couple of trips to Medellin every year, since 2013. This is my 2nd trip this year. Early on I used to eagerly sample different chicks, going for quantity over quality. Tried casas, FaseDos, La Isla, parque LLeras, and strip clubs in centro.

    But for the past few years, I changed my MOP and now I look for quality over quantity. I use mostly FB chicks these days and when I find one I like I add her to my rotation. I have now about 8 girls in my rotation. Every trip or so, one is gone. I am also constantly looking for new blood, but only one or two per trip. I am very pleased with this new way of enjoying my chicks. I get more GFE, more services, and get to know the girls better. I have a rule of no money without service, I. E. No loans. I am willing to give more citas to a girl in needs instead. For example, I generally allow a girl to spend the night, thereby earning 2 citas worth of earnings.

    On this trip, I went twice to parque LLeras. The first time, it was raining but I managed to find 2 cuties, but I had 2 citas that day and I was done. I got their contact, hoping to connect with them another time. The 2nd time there was no rain but I was not able to find any one interesting that night. It has been raining quite a bit and that made it pretty hard to monger in the park. I did not try Gusto this time, as the girls in there don't appeal to me that much. Dressed to kill but fakeness all over. I also did not try Fase Dos nor La Isla on this trip. I was pretty much tied up with my FB chicks and fairly satisfied with them. They kept me busy and I was happy with the results.

    Sorry, no contact and no pics to share.

  13. #47014
    Quote Originally Posted by MarquisdeSade1  [View Original Post]
    I know this place was recently open and doing very well.
    How could you know anything? You have never been to Colombia!

  14. #47013

    Not that easy!

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiSammy  [View Original Post]
    ...Why would you go to a foreign country and not even consider learning some of the basics of the language? WTF is wrong with you people??
    Not that easy my friend! Learning a new language is difficult for some, and too much work. There are so many translation apps around to take care of that, and they work well.

    Having said that, I am one of those who enjoys picking up a new language, but I don't blame those who choose not to go through the hassle.

  15. #47012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddock1  [View Original Post]
    Am I going to need a copy of my passport to check into the ST motels in Centro?
    The answer is no.

    But I always carry a copy of my passport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddock1  [View Original Post]
    As a 6'3 white guy with blonde hair is there any hiding the fact that I'm a Gringo,. Thus if I show up in my shorts and t shirt will I be causing myself any undue trouble?
    Most people would disagree with my opinion. But if done correctly, it's fine. No problem.

    If you look and sound like a tourist, then you will be treated like a tourist, so I say dress like a tourist (with shorts). These days, IMO, it's not too bad of a social faux pax. No one stares at you if you wear shorts.

    People here say that you will be a target. But we're targets anyway. IF you are smart, it will be fine. I would only stay in the crowded areas and always Uber.

    People here say that you will be overcharged. Most/all girls will not ask for a higher price because you are wearing shorts. Regardless, know the market and pay accordingly. That's why reading this forum has great benefits.

    People here say that you will be targeted by the police. IMO, I don't think so. I don't think the police are targeting the tourists. Posters here complained about being searched. But were they dressed as locals? I never see the police target business looking guys with their sports jacket. I see the police target young, "street" looking guys. The cops point, and the guys don't say a word. No whining about rights. The cops search them, and then let them go. Note to whoever plans to carry party favors. The police ALWAYS check inside of your hat during a search.

Posting Limitations

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
escort directory
escort directory


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape