La Vie en Rose
fkk-livingroom.de
Dubai Bunnies

Thread: Gambia

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
This blog is moderated by Admin

Beer and chat?

I'll visit Gambia this week before traveling to Senegal for some weeks and then back to Gambia.

Anyone for a beer and a chat? Friday or Saturday afternoon maybe?

I have some good stories from Africa but have never been to Gambia and Senegal.

Cheers!

Easy Time Lodge.

For 2 weeks is stayed in ETL for 5 days. In the meantime, Jason has had his apartments redecorated and some things repaired.

Their was no problem with electric, the generator turned on after a few minutes, when electric was gone. Price per night was 25 Euros.

The rooms where cleaned every day, just Sunday the gal has her day off. Simple lodge, but clean and girlfriendly!

Quote Originally Posted by Toubab  [View Original Post]
    Don't make the mistake to book something in Banjul. Banjul itself is a small city on a peninsula. There are ministries, the Parliament, State House, etc. No nightlife at all. The place to be is outside of Banjul city along the coast where the tourist hotels are located, E. G. Senegambia Strip or Palma Rima Road.

Off-season is end of August to beginning of October. Many restaurants and aparthotels are closed during that time due to the lack of tourists. However, restaurants along the Senegambia Strip still remain open and the Times-Inn bar still gets a decent number of visitors during weekends.
    Thanks for your reply, think I've got the gist of most things now and feel a bit more confident about travelling out. Will hopefully get some flights and accommodation booked shortly, and will report back on any venture I do make.

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnoww  [View Original Post]
    Hi,

Location wise, flights would be to Banjul, is the the place for girls? Senegamiba, Serrekunda, Kololi have been mentioned, are these suburbs of Banjul or their own separate settlements, is there a 'main' area for girls, the 'strip' has been mentioned but not entirely sure where that is if anyone could please help?
    Don't make the mistake to book something in Banjul. Banjul itself is a small city on a peninsula. There are ministries, the Parliament, State House, etc. No nightlife at all. The place to be is outside of Banjul city along the coast where the tourist hotels are located, E. G. Senegambia Strip or Palma Rima Road.

Off-season is end of August to beginning of October. Many restaurants and aparthotels are closed during that time due to the lack of tourists. However, restaurants along the Senegambia Strip still remain open and the Times-Inn bar still gets a decent number of visitors during weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Neddy69  [View Original Post]
    Well. There is a sign inside Easy Time Lodge. It reads " Special Needs Compound" I hope that answers your question. No need to ask for a "secluded" bungalow. Everybody makes noise by shagging his ass off. And that includes female sex tourists. Its Africa. Man.

Neddy.
    In this forum there is a saying.RTFF.
    Right thanks. One last piece of advice; for money is it best to exchange in Gambia? My flight would get in in the middle of the night, would there be an exchange open at the airport at that time? Or should I exchange a little here so I have enough for at least a taxi to the accommodation?

Easy time lodge

So I'm thinking of staying at the Easy Time Lodge, as it seems to get pretty decent reviews on here and on Trip Advisor, although one or two that are a bit iffy. Just wondering if anyone's got some up-to-date reports on it? Also, do you need to specify to the guy that you'll be bringing girls back or should I just ask for a more secluded room?
    Well. There is a sign inside Easy Time Lodge. It reads " Special Needs Compound" I hope that answers your question. No need to ask for a "secluded" bungalow. Everybody makes noise by shagging his ass off. And that includes female sex tourists. Its Africa. Man.

Neddy.
    In this forum there is a saying.RTFF.

Hi,

Sorry to be asking questions that have maybe been asked before, but this whole forum things is new to me and a bit confusing so just hoping to get some straightforward, up-to-date information. So I'm looking to travel to (The?) Gambia soon, primarily for this hobby, but hopefully there's some other things to do if any of you have any recommendations. All this high-season / low-season stuff, could anyone clarify these times, will it be dead during November? From what I gather, it's around 30 Celsius most of the time, is it sunny most of the time too, specifically November again? Location wise, flights would be to Banjul, is the the place for girls? Senegamiba, Serrekunda, Kololi have been mentioned, are these suburbs of Banjul or their own separate settlements, is there a 'main' area for girls, the 'strip' has been mentioned but not entirely sure where that is if anyone could please help? Accommodation wise, people seem to suggest apartments over hotels, but all the girl-friendly ones might be booked. Do you just look online for these apartments and book online, could anyone recommend any? Don't mind paying the bit extra to bring a girl back to a hotel if anyone knows of any hotels like this that are nice and in a good location. If anyone could give me a rough idea of how much it should cost me all together for accommodation and flights from the UK, that would be much appreciated as obviously don't want to rip myself off. Also any other general tips that anyone feels an idiot like me might need to know I'd be very grateful to hear. Again sorry if I've been a complete arse in asking so much in my first post, but if any of you could help a first-timer out that would be swell. Thanks.
    So I'm thinking of staying at the Easy Time Lodge, as it seems to get pretty decent reviews on here and on Trip Advisor, although one or two that are a bit iffy. Just wondering if anyone's got some up-to-date reports on it? Also, do you need to specify to the guy that you'll be bringing girls back or should I just ask for a more secluded room?

GF accommodation near Kololi.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCat  [View Original Post]
    People on this thread seem to recommend staying in apartments- various ones have been mentioned. Someone said Patta Patta has girls in the bar but I don't know if that means they can stay there. Hopefully you will get more answers- this is something I want to find out more about as well.
    Thanks Mr Cat (sorry for delay in responding), no other feedback received unfortunately.

There are girls in most bars. Of course the strip is where the action is & most of them congregate at Time Inn after midnight. Getting an apartment maybe difficult for a week or two in November. The owners usually like to rent by the month. I looked at some nice clean air conditioned chalets near Kotu beach called Kunta Kinte bungalows. Does anyone know if they are girl friendly? I went to have a look last time I was there & was impressed with the quality. I had a girl with me & she said there was no problem bringing girls there but she had a vested interest. Has anyone stayed there with girls?

Gambia. Some advice?

Hi,

Sorry to be asking questions that have maybe been asked before, but this whole forum things is new to me and a bit confusing so just hoping to get some straightforward, up-to-date information. So I'm looking to travel to (The?) Gambia soon, primarily for this hobby, but hopefully there's some other things to do if any of you have any recommendations. All this high-season / low-season stuff, could anyone clarify these times, will it be dead during November? From what I gather, it's around 30 Celsius most of the time, is it sunny most of the time too, specifically November again? Location wise, flights would be to Banjul, is the the place for girls? Senegamiba, Serrekunda, Kololi have been mentioned, are these suburbs of Banjul or their own separate settlements, is there a 'main' area for girls, the 'strip' has been mentioned but not entirely sure where that is if anyone could please help? Accommodation wise, people seem to suggest apartments over hotels, but all the girl-friendly ones might be booked. Do you just look online for these apartments and book online, could anyone recommend any? Don't mind paying the bit extra to bring a girl back to a hotel if anyone knows of any hotels like this that are nice and in a good location. If anyone could give me a rough idea of how much it should cost me all together for accommodation and flights from the UK, that would be much appreciated as obviously don't want to rip myself off. Also any other general tips that anyone feels an idiot like me might need to know I'd be very grateful to hear. Again sorry if I've been a complete arse in asking so much in my first post, but if any of you could help a first-timer out that would be swell. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Toubab  [View Original Post]
    Does anyone know Calabash Residence Apartments or Riyan Apartments? Can they be recommended.

I personally have been to Oasis Apartments before just at the beginning of the Senegambia strip but would like to try something new.

Any advice is highly appreciated.
    Alright, so I answer myself. Yes, the Calabash Residence is a good choice. Price for an apartment around 70 EUR. Yes, it is girl friendly. Not even an ID is required.

Apartments around Senegambia / Kololi.

Does anyone know Calabash Residence Apartments or Riyan Apartments? Can they be recommended.

I personally have been to Oasis Apartments before just at the beginning of the Senegambia strip but would like to try something new.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Well. If you're a beach lover go to Mombasa. Otherwise stay in Nairobi. Very fertile hunting ground. Karen or Westfield.

Neddy.
    Neddy I agreed with you for the short trip and hunting is Karen the best special when you book a small hotel or AIRBN.

The place to hunt is Ongata Rongai and now Karen special the New Mall " the Hub" with the universities around.

When you want to hunt there is a hotel Shade on Ngong road what is not expencif arround the 50 USD for a double room and GF because there is also a bar/ restaurant.

Rent a car or take a cab for the time that you are there. You can get a car with driver for arround 50/100 Usd daily special in this days.
    My friend take always a taxi to Nairobi and paid 20 Usd up and down and to Karen not more a 3 Usd

Quote Originally Posted by TheTallMan  [View Original Post]
    Many thank you for your advice given me and all of your contributions to this board! If you ever need any help regards South America, specifically Colombia let me know.

The Tall Man.
    Neddy is always of good advice!

I would like to go there also, looks good.

For now I am testing mada, surprising, even in fianarantsoa, just when entering hotel vannie, a nice chick walking in front of us says Hello, just one sign and she could have been in my room.

Surprising country.

Well. If you're a beach lover go to Mombasa. Otherwise stay in Nairobi. Very fertile hunting ground. Karen or Westfield.

Neddy.
    Many thank you for your advice given me and all of your contributions to this board! If you ever need any help regards South America, specifically Colombia let me know.

The Tall Man.

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTallMan  [View Original Post]
    Great advice, thanks! Stop teasing me about the Tutsi chicas, I am salivating already, hehehehehe.

Yes I checked google flights from LOS Angeles California and the best is about $1,500 USD and 32 plus hours with at least 2 or 3 stops along the way.

If I only had 15 days, leaving 12 days on the ground, how and where should I spend the time?

Thanks!

The Tall Man.

Neddy.

+ Add Report
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Posting Limitations